• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario & Luigi RPG 4: Dream Team Japanese Box Art

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
I love the new look so much

i98neSg51ESMf.gif

I can watch em run forever

The more I see this game, the more I want it. It just looks so good.

The graphics are surprisingly clean, too.

Nemesis_

I hate the way that they just call it MARIO & LUIGI RPG.

Seems so generic and lazy.

I mean the games are fantastic but they could at least bother with a title - or does this title resonate better with Japanese audiences?

The more I see this game, the more I want it. It just looks so good.

The graphics are surprisingly clean, too.

Surprisingly?

I hate the way that they just call it MARIO & LUIGI RPG.

Seems so generic and lazy.

I mean the games are fantastic but they could at least bother with a title - or does this title resonate better with Japanese audiences?
This one has a subtitle: 'Dream Adventure'...guess it's an upgrade from 2x2 and !!!
:p

I'm quite used to seeing 3DS games look quite messy when I see them on the PC, even if they look great on the actual console.

This just looks really clean. :)
Ah I see. :p I was wondering what the thought process was because, BIS was super clean visually...those sprites were gorgeous, so I expect this to live up to that!

Jawmuncher

I hope SuperStar Saga comes to VC.
That game was all kinds of amazing.

Never played 2&3 though. But I still might jump on 4. They aren't that connected right?

TreIII

I hope SuperStar Saga comes to VC.
That game was all kinds of amazing.

Never played 2&3 though. But I still might jump on 4. They aren't that connected right?

While the games have narratives that can largely stand apart? You'll get the most out of especially part 3 if you're familiar with what happened in the entire trilogy.
Least of which being Fawful's rise from being Cackeletta's designated Dragon in the first game to being the Big Bad himself in the third one. Not to mention a certain bonus battle that definitely references a major plot point from the second game.

And I wouldn't be surprised if that much carries over to part 4, as well. Plus, they're all great games, even if your mileage may vary on PiT.

jmls1121

Banned
Wait. This is actually coming out?!?!? I had no idea, these were my favorite DS games.

Is it getting a NA localization?

Yep. The Bowser one was a huge seller worldwide.

I cannot believe I'm saying this, but this is my favorite current RPG series. Into da veins!

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Kinda interesting how they took out the "sleep bubble" and replaced it with Z's. Definitely more culturally identifiable now.

Fireblend

Banned
So,

June: Animal Crossing
July: SMT IV
August: Mario & Luigi 4
September: Ace Attorney 5
October: Pokemon X & Y
November: ??? (Mario Party?)
December: Zelda: ALttP 2

Damn, 3DS.

Oh God, the walking speed is SLLLOOOOOOOWWWW!

I'm guessing that that's the walking speed and not the running speed. Remember when everyone complained that the speed in SM3DL was atrociously slow and that turned out to be the walking and not running speed.

Minimal yet adorable. It's nice to see games not getting the "SHOVE EVERYTHING ON IT" treatment when it comes to the US cover.

Also, I love the blue glow/blue outline.

YES FUCKING FRENCH.

i love how 3ds games add that in man.

i remember buying pokemon silver seperatly in french... and then in english... :/

Het_Nkik

JP box has more sparklies

But the NA box has one extra sparkly in the dream bubble at the end of the logo. So it's only two less sparklies overall.

Also the TM is in a different place. This is fun. It's like playing Spot the Difference.

JP box has more sparklies

Keep in mind they were likely removed because of the FR label, as the US box won't have it, they might have left the sparkles on it.

Also, Canada chose the best spot, it's perfectly snug in that space, beautiful! And I kinda like it as it is Canada-specific, so you know it's a Canada box. :p

Keyouta

Man I hate how Canada has to have the "Playable in English and French!", if it needs to be there it should be on the back of the box.

Top Bottom