• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the best sports game on the NES?

For me, it's Blades of Steel:

bladessteel.jpg

With the pass!

What do you think?

n00bsauce

Banned
One vote for Tecmo Super Bowl

Although I did like RBI Baseball 3 as well

Didn't realize dperrin said it before. I guess we knew what good NES sports were

ravishi

Neo Member
Base Wars for me. Takes one of the most boring real-life games and adds robots. Nothing was more satisfying than stealing every base and fighting to the death.

BaseWarsGameplay2.png

RM8

I don't even like wrestling, but Pro Wrestling is really fun. Fighter Hayabusa and his deadly Back Brain Kick for life!

PopeReal

1. Tecmo Super Bowl
2. Baseball Stars
3. Baseball Simulator 1.000
4. Ice Hockey
5. Blades of Steel
6. Tecmo Bowl
7. Track & Field
8. NES Tournament Golf
9. Track & Field II
10. Bases Loaded

BearChair

Tecmo Super Bowl
Tecmo_Super_Bowl.jpg

or Basewars (a sequel with more modes and a real season option would have been perfect)
220px-Base_Wars_cover.jpg

If it counts, I'll say Dodgeball as well, although that game flickers like no other
220px-Super_Dodge_Ball_(NES_cover).JPG

Sgblues

http://nintendolegend.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/BaseWarsGameplay2.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

I was gonna say Base wars too, I had more fun killing teams rather than trying to win normally.

but best overall sports games were the Kunio series based ones.

Timeless

Punch-Out

However, I'm limited in experience to basically "games that were in the original GameCube Animal Crossing".

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Blades of Steel was awesome. One of the few games my dad would play with me. Loved how when there was a fight the loser went to the penalty box.

Top Bottom