• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the best sports game on the NES?

Excitebike or Baseball Stars.

Tecmo Super Bowl is really fun too, which is saying a lot from a guy who doesn't like American Football.

The king is probably Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!.

Icehockey.jpg

Hands down.

This.

All skinny's on level 5 speed is way too much fun.

Var

Tie for me: Blades of Steel and Tecmo Super Bowl.

World Games was amazing as well.

Edit: My friends and I played a ton of Arch Rivals.

Grayman

Blades of Steel was the one that I spent the most time playing. The kunio soccer game was really good too.

I think I remember California games being good, EA should bring "skate" back in a collection like that.

Lotto

Nintendo World Cup is still a ton of fun to play.

Punch-Out!, Blades of Steel, and Track & Field were all also great.

Anustart

Tecmo Super Bowl.

Here's a pic from one of my seasons, wasn't using a game genie or anything...

NFC side looked the exact same with 4 Bills over there too. Super Bowl was Bills vs Bills

I miss simple gamey sports games.

Yeah. This might sound strange but I love old sports games because I don't really like sports, and it seems like more modern sports games require knowledge of the real life pro sports teams, play strategies, etc. The older ones were great to just pick up and play with friends.

Tecmo Super Bowl is literally the best sports game of all time and in my top 10 of all games. It is still more fun than any other football game ever made.

Into

Super Spike V'Ball by a mile, its easily one of the best games on the NES straight up

Grab a friend (yes it has co op) and go try win the World Cup, not only is it hard but it is some of the most fun one can have with a NES.

woodypop

Super Spike V'Ball by a mile, its easily one of the best games on the NES straight up

Grab a friend (yes it has co op) and go try win the World Cup, not only is it hard but it is some of the most fun one can have with a NES.
Apparently it also supports up to 4 players, so now I'm on the hunt for a Satellite or Four Score and a couple more controllers!

Didn't realise that Tecmo Bowl was actually a good game. I saw a copy at a pawn shop a while back and passed it up. Might take a look next time I'm down that way and pick it up, if it's still there.

Top Bottom