• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean Material Trader announced

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201307190052/

So yeah, there's a new Star Ocean game coming this year!

4.jpg

It's for GREE and... well you probably guessed it, it's an item creation + card RPG.

Dennis

Banned
Nappy time.

Edit: I loved Star Ocean 3. What happened? Its hard to have fayt in this franchise.........

Parfait

Oh god no please just give me Star Ocean V. Fire the cutscene director/animator from 4 and keep almost everyone else and just make it.

Don't do this to my favorite series

Please, no

If this actually used the item creation system from SO3, my friend who introduced me to the series would probably be able to play this for thousands of hours.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Well, to be fair, item creation in Star Ocean is usually really nice.

In the context of a full game

FlyFaster

My favorite Star Ocean game... and this is what they do?

I spent hundreds of hours in this game. battle trophies baby! It was one of the few RPGs where I liked all the characters so much I was constantly torn about who to put in the group.

edit: damn, a HD remix would have been killer this gen... *sigh*

Jubern

Out of habit, I knew what to expect before entering the thread and had a big grin thinking about the reactions.

Sorry.

Jomjom

Banned
At least the art is ok... Not as good as the Transformers Legends art though! That art almost makes that game sort of worth playing... almost.

UncleSmoothie

Neo Member
Japanese & Western gaming tastes have never been more different. They seem to genuinely like these timesink freemium card battlers over there.

Arthea

noooooooo.jpg
All hope is lost

edited: I still will keep small hope Tri-Ace will do some Sci-fi RPG for PS4.
Star Ocean probably is lost, forever.

Parfait

I just cant fucking handle this come on tri-ace I played all of your games with some fukken gusto. I loves SO2, SO3, and even SO4, kay?

M-maybe they'll just make this inbetween while they make Star Ocean V for the PS4, right guys? right?

Vanille

Poor Tri-Ace. Forced to work on endless FFXIII sequels while they watch their baby get dragged through the dirt. :(

I do sometimes wonder, considering how they got started, how the tri-ace founders feel seeing their company wither away like this while Tales is going on pretty damn strong.

Negator

As the cycle of grief began anew, I wanted to go and check the responses on the Square Enix forums.

Lo and behold, they have disappeared off the face of the internet.

What a piece of shit company.

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
The only social card game that deserves to exist is Steam Trading Cards. All the rest are terrible smears on their licensed IPs.

Squire

Banned
Square-Enix owns the Star Ocean IP, Tri Ace has probably nothing to do with that.

'Twas a joke.

Pretty much the leads that were on Tales of Phantasia, who were pissed about a lot of the changes to their original plans that Namco imposed. They left afterwards and formed tri-ace.

Ah, I see.

Yeah, the Tales guys are doin' pretty alright. I'd also be interested to hear how feel now.

Star Ocean 3 is pretty much the only example I can think of where the first game I played in a series ended up being my favorite.

Top Bottom