• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean Material Trader announced

CTLance

Ouch, right in the dangly bits. Why.

I mean, yes, it's SquEnix so what did I expect and yes, after SO3/TLH there was no way this was gonna end well, but this... this is just cruel.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What... what did they do to you, Fayt and Sophia?

Star Ocean 3 was terrible so good riddance.
SO3 is garbage.

Last Hope is worse, which is impressive from a certain point of view.

Yeah how dare the game with the best battle system and became the layout for team VP2's work ruin the franchise!

Dear Tri-ace,

Resonance of Fate 2 or stop making games. That is all.

You mean Sega.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
fuck u SE, fuck u :(

At a guess, you didn't like the reveal and think it ruined everything?

I personally found the reveal hilarious. I mean, in what other game is the twist that
the entire universe is essentially an MMO designed by Satan?

SO2 is still my favourite, though, and SO4 is completely atrocious. If people need to blame a game in the series, blame that one.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Ah, oh well, at least the franchise still exists in some way.
The next "real" Star Ocean would not be announced this soon anyway.

Arthea

SO3 is garbage.

Last Hope is worse, which is impressive from a certain point of view.

I would really like to live in this Universe of yours where garbage is as good as SO3.
But I'm stuck here, unfortunately.

SO4 has horrible VA and bad story, but by no means is a bad game.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Star Ocean games are about battles, item creation, and post dungeons. At this they tickle my fancy.

And how about releasing some real games, SE?

Cheddahz

Banned
So remember when tri-Ace showed off that engine trailer a few years back and it looks really good? That engine was probably for this game....can't be worse than The Last Hope, right?

RPGCrazied

:( Why can't this gen be like the PS2 era? Oh, I wish I could turn back time. The jRPG's! There was just so many. Now? Not so much. iOS junk, F2P/browser games, blah blah.

Midou

As much as people always like to make fun of its ridiculous characters and story, The Last Hope is still a very good game.

No, it just has a fun battle system. The graphics are ugly and mostly shit, the story and characters are shit-tier. The only reason I managed to finish the game was because of the combat system.

Star Ocean 3 is a 'good' game, at best, but 4 is by no means.

I literally can't think of any redeeming qualities in 4 other than the battle system, like at all.

Shinriji

Star Ocean 3's combat in a nutshell:
KICK
KICK
KICK
KICK
KICK
KICK
KICK
KICK
KICK

More like

SIDEKICK
DIMENSION DOOR
SIDEKICK
DIMENSION DOOR
SIDEKICK
DIMENSION DOOR
SIDEKICK
DIMENSION DOOR

And I loved every single moment of it.

Scum

Jerry-Seinfeld-No-Thanks-and-Leave.gif

Celegus

Well, it's not like they can ever take away the greatness that is Star Ocean 2. I seriously doubt any actual game they can make would even come close to it. Still my favorite PS1 game.

Asd202

Well guys expect nothing but FF and KH on next gen consoles from SE , DQ for nintendo consoles ,everything else will be mobile/gree, maybe some handheld games created by SE partners ( like Bravely default or TWEWY ) and that's it.

MechaX

Well guys expect nothing but FF and KH on next gen consoles from SE , DQ for nintendo consoles ,everything else will be mobile/gree, maybe some handheld games created by SE partners ( like Bravely default or TWEWY ) and that's it.

If Bravely Default/Type-0 indicate anything, even getting those games localized will be like pulling teeth.

But notwithstanding the fact that the game came out 5/6 years ago, at least SE gave us TWEWY... *sigh*

Top Bottom