• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2014 Demo coming in August

rvy

Banned
I need this demo badly.

Confirmed:

Pro Evolution Soccer ‏@officialpes 17h

We are trying to confirm the #PES2014 demo date, but we can confirm it will be in August!

Embargo for the new previews ends tomorrow too.

Can't talk about it yet. You'll see previews and impressions flooding the web tomorrow, 13:00 CET.

Edit, confirmed that it's the demo.

Mümin CAN ‏@martinez_can 3h

@Adam_Bhatti when Will the demo dare announce?

Adam Bhatti ‏@Adam_Bhatti 2h

@martinez_can this week

From Arnie-kun:

Arnie said:
It's standout quality is the physicality. It's nothing like previous PES's in terms of how players and the ball interact with each other. Powering out of defence with Dante, or buffeting through midfield with Martinez felt completely different to scaling the wing with Robben.

Passing was as crisp as you'd expect from PES, and the speed was spot on (a lot slower than Fifa, more emphasis on the midfield).

There were issues though. Input lag was noticeable, and the community manager said they were working on it. Referees were lunatics, and goalkeepers were (according to the CM) potentially too good in the current build.

It's looking good, though.

Into

I havent had much hope in the last few PES games, but with a new engine, its difficult not to be excited.

#Return of the King

Jack cw

People who played the early build were pretty exited. Will get it on PC because of the modding but its a shame that there is no next gen version...

rvy

Banned
People who played the early build were pretty exited. Will get it on PC because of the modding but its a shame that there is no next gen version...

Arnie is a fucking asshole, he was loving the demo and never gave us proper impressions.

rvy

Banned
I hope the demo doesn't have 5 minute halves. I'll just have to download it for PC if it does.

Yes he is, but I think he was and still is under some NDA by Konami. Cant wait for BAYERN with Fox Engine :D

Adam must have gotten hold of him.

Considering how he is holding the pen I deduce that there are 2 numbers beneath it. Further mental powers have deduced 22 august through the power of guessing.

rvy

Banned
Considering how he is holding the pen I deduce that there are 2 numbers beneath it. Further mental powers have deduced 22 august through the power of guessing.

If it's on the 22nd they might as well release the Gamescom build as the demo then.

zsidane

As I said yesterday on their fb page, unless it's a EPL licensing deal, they can't have a HUGE thing to announce. The least they can due to become relevant again is securing the big 6 english teams. Otherwise, it's a joke. Having the Champions League name but not all the team in it? Poor Konami...

rvy

Banned
As I said yesterday on their fb page, unless it's a EPL licensing deal, they can't have a HUGE thing to announce. The least they can due to become relevant again is securing the big 6 english teams. Otherwise, it's a joke. Having the Champions League name but not all the team in it? Poor Konami...

How do people still not get this? EA have an exclusive deal with the EPL and Konami cannot license more than 2 English clubs for each game. EA have went as far as actually making exclusive deals with EPL clubs so that Konami can't even include those.
Get an OptionFile and be done with it, Konami can't do anything about this. You want change, get people to sue EA.

Jack cw

Appears so. The demos are uploaded on tuesdays and wednesdays. God I hope that Konami doesnt dumb down the AI in the final version again... Last years second demo was perfect! The retail version was such a bummer until the patch at the begining of the year...

rvy

Banned
BQWgV8xCEAEutGY.jpg-large.jpg

Never forget:

Originally Posted by Arnie
Just played new PES. OMG OMG

Originally Posted by Wilbur
Return of the king?

Back.

Back with a vengeance.

Body weight feels perfect. Slight feeling of input lag but community manager assures me it's being ironed out.

I played for like 2 minutes and I'm gagging for more. Meant to be working but right now that just involves watching mark Cerny have an interview with some odd looking bloke. I basically just have to stand here, but PES is on the other side of the wall.

zsidane

How do people still not get this? EA have an exclusive deal with the EPL and Konami cannot license more than 2 English clubs for each game. EA have went as far as actually having exclusive deals with EPL clubs so that Konami can't even include those.
Get an OptionFile and be done with it, Konami can't do anything about this. You want change, get people to sue EA.

Can't you read or what? I'm not saying they will do it. All I'm saying is for me PES is no longer a viable option when september comes and I need my football game. I've been buying ISS then PES since 1996 (on N64). Bought PES 2010,11,12 on PC and modded the shit out of them. Last year I went for FIFA on PS3 and I may not buy a football game this year and rely on random multiplayer sessions with friends on whatever they will end up buying.

Believe me, I have more important things in my life to do than suing EA to be able to give Konami 60€/year. It's their problem, not mine.

rvy

Banned
Can't you read or what? I'm not saying they will do it. All I'm saying is for me PES is no longer a viable option when september comes and I need my football game. I've been buying ISS then PES since 1996 (on N64). Bought PES 2010,11,12 on PC and modded the shit out of them. Last year I went for FIFA on PS3 and I may not buy a football game this year and rely on random multiplayer sessions with friends on whatever they will end up buying.

Believe me, I have more important things in my life to do than suing EA to be able to give Konami 60€/year. It's their problem, not mine.

Moreso than my inability to read, you have an inability to write.
They won't do it because they can't do it. A demo announcement is a huge announcement for PES fans. PES no longer a viable option because EA have a lockdown on the EPL? You don't wanna download an OptionFile for the PS3? Sue EA.

Can't talk about it yet. You'll see previews and impressions flooding the web tomorrow, 13:00 CET.

__fucking_awesome___gif_by_jantofan-d4247jx.gif

UrbanRats

Well i'm sure as fuck not buying another FIFA after the trainwreck the last one was for me, so this will be my football game and it better be good. :p
Haven't bought a PES since the PS2 days, though.
I think 2003 on PC was my last one.

PaulLFC

Your original post was read just fine. You complained about the lack of Premier League licensing and said Konami should at least licence the top 6 teams. You were told this wasn't possible, as has been said many, many times.

Blame EA and download an option file like everyone else. Simple.

Or you could quickly patch it for free and circumvent the problem entirely.

zsidane

Moreso than my inability to read, you have an inability to write.
They won't do it because they can't do it. A demo announcement is a huge announcement for PES fans. PES no longer a viable option because EA have a lockdown on the EPL? You don't wanna download an OptionFile for the PS3? Sue EA.

Feel free to consider it HUGE. I've seen a demo every year for the last years.
And just because you wanna sue EA doesn't make you a bigger PES fan than me. But feel free to consider it the way you want :)

rvy

Banned
Feel free to consider it HUGE. I've seen a demo every year for the last years.
And just because you wanna sue EA doesn't make you a bigger PES fan than me. But feel free to consider it the way you want :)

Oh my God, what a dumbass post. It is huge because people are looking forward to trying out the most promising PES in the entire generation and this tells them when they can. Your criteria for what "huge" means doesn't apply, because it's apparently moronic given the circumstances.
If you actually knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't even consider the option for this to be related to the EPL, or any of its clubs, in any way, shape or form, because you'd know that it's impossible for that to happen. Weird that such a big PES fan is so out of the loop.

I don't wanna sue anyone, turns out that this so-called "issue" that prevents you from buying a game and is completely out of Konami's control is easily fixed by downloading an OptionFile. But if you're whining about it on the internet, for a guy who has much more important things to do with his life, clearly it's a big deal to you, so sue.

zsidane

Or you could quickly patch it for free and circumvent the problem entirely.

Last time I tried on PS3 (PES 2012), I had hundred of files to manually copy in order to get everything properly set. On 360, just forget about it!

Or we can try not to derail the thread and forget about "my" problem with lack of licenses in PES...

Jack cw

Licensing is still a problem with PES and patching the PS3 version needs some time and work but the game is much more rewarding and satisfying than any other football game. The main problem is the unevenly AI in the game. On superstar level the CPU is often much better than the player AI. I hope Konami get rid of those cheap tricks and work on a proper dynamic AI for both sides.

zsidane

Oh my God, what a dumbass post. It is huge because people are looking forward to trying out the most promising PES in the entire generation and this tells them when they can. Your criteria for what "huge" means doesn't apply, because it's apparently moronic given the circumstances.
If you actually knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't even consider the option for this to be related to the EPL, or any of its clubs, in any way, shape or form, because you'd know that it's impossible for that to happen. Weird that such a big PES fan is so out of the loop.

I don't wanna sue anyone, turns out that this so-called "issue" that prevents you from buying a game and is completely out of Konami's control is easily fixed by downloading an OptionFile. But if you're whining about it on the internet, for a guy who has much more important things to do with his life, clearly it's a big deal to you, so sue.

I don't know if you have been living under a rock for this console generation, but I have been promised a revolution with every new edition of PES. I ended up not believing them anymore. They are using a new engine, so they may end up delivering something good. A voir.
It took them a couple of years before they "got" what nextgen is, and what once used to be a true simu fell behind FIFA. Reading seabass interviews each year and having him admit that they failed with the previous game but 'this" year will be the one just got to a ridiculous point.

Am I excited for PES/FIFA this year? No. EA will probably focus on PS4/XB1 (not planning on buying one) and Konami will probably suffice itself for this year with a new engine. Release next year on new consoles and (hopefully) deliver a great game in 2015.

In the meantime, I'd love them to prove me wrong.

zsidane

Fleischsack said:
So I am happy that the "copy all" function has been added since then.
Seriously? I'm not aware of that! My PS3 has been a RocksmithStation3 for the last 9 months...

Jack cw

Seriously? I'm not aware of that! My PS3 has been a RocksmithStation3 for the last 9 months...

Yes its way easier now to copy options files of the PS3 version. I absolutely liked last years PES. It was the best football game in years.

Sou

To be fair, Konami not being able to get more EPL licenses, they are just as much at fault as EA.

One company is willing to do what it takes to ensure they have the competitive edge while another company seems unable to do so.

bigol

To be fair, Konami not being able to get more EPL licenses, they are just as much at fault as EA.

One company is willing to do what it takes to ensure they have the competitive edge while another company seems unable to do so.

Premier League licence is exclusive

Arnie

Sorry I didn't give proper impressions, can someone copy over my recent post from the Football thread? I'm at work and on my phone.

Game's good, though. You'll all find that out soon enough. Input lag and referees need fixing. And a problem that means players don't really lock onto through balls correctly. But all that could be fixed by now.

rvy

Banned

This is like saying that 2k is at fault for not having the NFL license.
EA locked the license down, Konami can't do anything about it other than offering players an easier time with OptionFiles.

EA's exclusivity has a clause which doesn't allow Konami to license more than 2 English clubs. On top of that EA has made exclusive partnerships with EPL clubs to ensure that they are never going anywhere.

So, how's Konami at fault here?

Must not FUD. Once burnt, twice shy. And Micky killed wore out all my muppet receptors, filling me with hatred for the yellow scourge.

Why would you want me to copy this from Footie-GAF?

Kikujiro

What are you even talking about? The EPL license is exclusive to EA, even Football Manager (one of the biggest series in Europe) doesn't have it:
http://www.footballmanagerstory.com/2012/09/football-manager-2013-faq/?replytocom=56951

Will Football Manager 2013 include the Premier League logo and name?
No. Unfortunately EA Sports still have an exclusive deal with the Premier League, so any other games are not allowed to use the name and logo. The same goes for the German national team, the real players will not be included due to the same licensing issues.

Not only that but EA is a much bigger company and has much more money they can kill their competition by buying exclusive licenses (see NFL2K), it has nothing to do with "will".

From Arnie-kun:

Arnie said:
It's standout quality is the physicality. It's nothing like previous PES's in terms of how players and the ball interact with each other. Powering out of defence with Dante, or buffeting through midfield with Martinez felt completely different to scaling the wing with Robben.

Passing was as crisp as you'd expect from PES, and the speed was spot on (a lot slower than Fifa, more emphasis on the midfield).

There were issues though. Input lag was noticeable, and the community manager said they were working on it. Referees were lunatics, and goalkeepers were (according to the CM) potentially too good in the current build.

It's looking good, though.

rvy

Banned
:lol if you're gonna just copy one of my random posts I'd at least prefer the one where we're all laughing at Everton/Moyes.

Thanks Laboured.

I thought it was just a random one, lol. I'm fucked up in the head like that.

rvy

Banned
@Adam_Bhatti please i wanted to ask you what's new in master league #pes2014 #Konami

Adam Bhatti ‏@Adam_Bhatti 4h
@karim_120 change clubs and national manager

News to me, pretty awesome.

~~Hasan~~

from the picture, it seems the demo will be in the first 9 days of Aug. as the marker isnt big enough to cover 2 numbers from that distance from the background.

unless the date is confirmed and i missed it ^_^

Edit: either that or the 21st of Aug. which would be in Wednesday

PaulLFC

I don't speak French, but le10sport.com has a preview up.
Google Translated:

Before the official release of FIFA 14 and PES 2014 in September, the 10 Sport was able to test both simulations football the most anticipated of the season. Here's our review of the franchise from Konami.

Graphics: Who says new game engine says new graphics. And if Konami has not yet met the challenge to meet or exceed its competitor EA Sports on aesthetics, the developer has polished its jewel. From the first frame, the improvement is obvious and incommensurate with the previous versions. The players won in detail, and also held tifos supporters are beautiful.

Gameplay: A return to a simulation worthy of the name for this new album. The new engine brings new sensations and game developers have made ​​sure to put in the service of soccer , real. Almost everything is based on the real control of the ball strikes through parades of each specific goal. Buffon attempt to block the ball while Neuer prefer parades way goalkeeper handball. Do not look foolish gestures, you will not find. Like FIFA 14 , the construction of the game and precision passing and ball control will be crucial to try to shake the opponent's net. If FIFA has taken floating strikes PES , PES has piqued the concept of fast FIFA key, nothing to sulk our pleasure.

Atmosphere: This is one of the significant improvements in this new version of PES . The atmosphere of the stadium has been completely revamped. The public is now sounds and plays a real role in 12 th man at certain times of the game. The public can literally affect the performance of the team and galvanize the players. It also reacts differently in each country and the football culture that matches it.

Community: Working on the gameplay and graphics, PES could not gain in quality in all areas. For very discrete time on the "online" part of the game, the developers know that the gap is still great with FIFA competitor to its mode Ultimate Team for example, has more than 3.4 million games played per day . Nevertheless, the community PES continues to grow, especially with the development of PES League (regular tournament prize) on the entire French territory.

Conclusion: Apart from Cristiano Ronaldo on the cover (replaced by Neymar), PES 2014 has not lost in quality and is mostly shot (again) to the simulation. After few hours of handling, the pleasure is real and this delicate blend of tactics and technique promises of great games. Finally, only the lack of certain franchises risk to frustrate some ... This season, for the first time in five years, PES has clearly what shake FIFA in September!

rvy

Banned
I'll just wait for tomorrow, I can't make out half of that shit. They say the game doesn't meet FIFA on graphics for current-gen when it already exceeds FIFA 14.
Animation-wise, it's not even a content.

Only thing I took from that is that Ronaldo is no longer the cover, being replaced by Neymar, which makes zero sense and I'd like to know where they got this info from.

PaulLFC

I'll just wait for tomorrow, I can't make out half of that shit. They say the game doesn't meet FIFA on graphics for current-gen when it already exceeds FIFA 14.
Animation-wise, it's not even a content.

Only thing I took from that is that Ronaldo is no longer the cover, being replaced by Neymar, which makes zero sense and I'd like to know where they got this info from.
Yeah I couldn't make much out from it either, really should brush up on my French.

Konami have secured the Argentinian Premier League though according to WENB, could this be the big news they were talking about? New screens to go with it:

Last time I played PES was on the PS2... After that we (my friends and I) switched to FIFA and even though I hate EA, PES wasn't compelling enough to switch back.

I'll give this PES a fair shot with the demo and if everyone else is on board I'd switch back to PES.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Last time I played PES was on the PS2... After that we (my friends and I) switched to FIFA and even though I hate EA, PES wasn't compelling enough to switch back.

I'll give this PES a fair shot with the demo and if everyone else is on board I'd switch back to PES.
Same here, I'm tied of FIFA 's glitches.

Same here, I'm tied of FIFA 's glitches.

Does it take you 2 minutes to get to the team selection screen from the time your match ends like mine does?
It's so god damn frustrating, plus not being able to pick the fucking weather. How about a simple rematch option at the end of the fucking game EA?!?!!? so I don't have to go through that team selection screen again!!!!

I swear if PES get's close enough I'll jump ship....

Can't wait for this demo.

I really, really, really hope it's good enough to make me forget about Fifa. I'm tired of that glitchy mess.

Pes on pc this year, hopefully.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Does it take you 2 minutes to get to the team selection screen from the time your match ends like mine does?
It's so god damn frustrating, plus not being able to pick the fucking weather. How about a simple rematch option at the end of the fucking game EA?!?!!? so I don't have to go through that team selection screen again!!!!

I swear if PES get's close enough I'll jump ship....
What annoys me greatly is FIFA always finding ways to completely fuck with my squad ratings. I turn it on one day and Fernando Torres is rated a 41, a 41! Sure, he's been a bust at Chelsea but not a 41!

The french preview doesn't say much.

They praise the focus on the simulation side of things, together with the jump in graphics (though they think Fifa still has the edge on that).

They don't even describe gameplay that well, they just say "just like in Fifa, build-up play and precise passes are key".

That's dumb.

Top Bottom