• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV |OT| One Nation, One Crew

Ploid 3.0

Amongst the 'normal folks' GTA is and probably will always be the big dog and anything like Saints will be considered nothing more than a ripoff/clone. Sad but...well there it is.

To me it seem like GTA is the ceremonial cow, the royal family (no offense UK), the old guy that tells war stories. There has been so many open world games this gen that does great sand box, and even realism in a non gameplay restricting way (oblivion for me was mind blowing. Talk about going in every house, room, and building). And like the UK I mean no offense by maybe disrespecting GTA's prestige. I'm just a dude that likes games, and have no plans on wasting my time. GTA:SA was something special though. This review was just a mess, like someone said it could have been written a few months ago. It provided nothing. I merely pointed out the "Just a" part of the review.

CliffyB is not amused

https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/367481050043133952

vet31jk.jpg

igeZY1wJZdynv.png

'Sup Cliffy

Domstercool

Wow... that review... Jesus. I could write better than that and I do it as a hobby in my spare time.

In fact, I might just have one up tomorrow or Friday. :D

derExperte

Amongst the 'normal folks' GTA is and probably will always be the big dog and anything like Saints will be considered nothing more than a ripoff/clone. Sad but...well there it is.

I know two or three guys like this. Funny thing is that they like to complain about GTA4 and how it wasn't fun enough but when I mention SR I only get 'gtfo with that trash'. Not that they played any of the games...

Is this the closest thing to Crackdown for my PS3?

Because OP is selling the hell out of this game...

I might be remembering crackdown wrong but I dare say this is a better superhero game than crackdown now. More weapons, more powers better enemies, full customisation etc.

Outside of transforming cars (which you never used) what does crackdown have that this doesnt?

I never liked Oleg. He was a big russian dude thats only redeeming feature was that he was a big russian dude. Im equally happy Angel is gone. Flipping useless character. Zimos could of had more mileage though.

Oh yeah, holy shit, I just played yesterday and didn't even pass thorugh my head there was no Zimos or Angel either :(

I thought all of them where cool, so I wanted all of them back. Why bring Matt Miller back and not the new saints though.

Ploid 3.0

Oh yeah, holy shit, I just played yesterday and didn't even pass thorugh my head there was no Zimos or Angel either :(

I thought all of them where cool, so I wanted all of them back. Why bring Matt Miller back and not the new saints though.

A alien invasion which are very technology based. Matt and Kinzie are made for this.

sarcoa

My review at Digital Chumps: 8/10
It has a lot of words in it. If you don’t like reading (you monster) here are some tidbits to answer questions I've seen in SRIV threads lately:

- Completing the story, getting at least silver on every side mission, and collecting all 1300+ collectibles took me 23 hours.
- From a super powers standpoint it might be the most fun and diverse super hero game ever made.
- Story and Loyalty missions really, really enjoy taking away all of your powers and breaking down into a not that great third person shooter.
- Even when it’s a normal third person shooter, the context i.e. what you’re actually doing is insane.
- Humor’s excellent, plenty of surprises with both plot and gameplay. Plenty of “Power” and “I Need a Hero” moments.
- Great fucking soundtrack. Songs on The Mix107.77 in particular feel like they were picked specifically for fueling stupid super hero adventures around Steelport.
- i7-3770, GTX660, 8 GB DDR3 ran it on ultra at 60fps with zero drops.
- Tons of incidental dialog when your Saints are summoned as homies. Everyone seems to have two or three different exchanges with everyone else.
- Keith David is as good as advertised.
- Whoever said GTAV’s going to eat Saints Row IV’s lunch doesn’t realize Saints Row is into eating drugs instead of eating lunch. They’re (probably) two totally different games.

So what's up with the "Low Violence Version" tag on the Australian Steam page? I know that it's not going to have a certain gun or mission but is the overall level of violence actually reduced as well?

Top Bottom