• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light (Techland parkour zombie game) - 12 minute gameplay video

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
This looks like a wonderful upgrade from Dead Island. Loved those games, gonna love this too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Animations look like they were ripped straight from Mirrors Edge.

Between this and Saint's Row 4's oddly Prototype-y looking animations, I'm beginning to wonder if there's a public domain animation library they use for this stuff.

Because the climbing something and turn with hand out to jump across animation IS the Mirror's Edge one.,

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Animations look like they were ripped straight from Mirrors Edge.

Which were ripped from real life!

---

One thing I hope about this game is that they got rid of the constant breaking weapons. As it just becomes more of a chore than actually a fun mechanic.

Oh wow, that looks incredible. As mentioned, the animations look like they were ripped from Mirrors Edge, which is no bad thing. Really taken aback by how good it looks, this could be a suitable replacement if ME2 should, heavens forbid, end up not being as magnificent as we all hope it will be...

And wow at the size of the horde on the bridge. Almost matching those seen in Dead Rising. Goddamn. Also loving the detail on the zeds. The skin/flesh peeling away on some of them is a great touch as is them implementing the more dangerous night time zeds from DR.

Fantastic use of music throughout too. Just...wow. I'm truly in love.

Platy

The day parts looks interesting !

The more games riping Mirror's Edge, the best.

The night parts looks booooooooring

SJRB

Gold Member
I remember Jeff Gerstmann being super excited after seeing this game during E3, glad we peasants finally get to see some footage as well.

That look great, the daylight scavenging looks fun and night-time survival seems to have some real tension to it. Am looking forward to see how it plays outside of a highly scripted demo.

derFeef

I wonder how they motivate the player during night to not hide somwhere safe or something, there has got tbe more to it other than "survive".

This looks amazing. I hope I'll be able to play it like this with no hud and markers.

That would be awesome.

Violater

I hate the mission system already, just let me do wtf I want to do how is that so hard to understand.
No more fetch quests, no more taking damn orders!

Lucid07

Looks awesome, hopefully there will be more a survival element during the night and not just hiding/sleeping in a safe zone.

Harp

Whats the over/under one how much of that actually makes it to the Final game? When a company says Pre-Alpha you would think it means to expect glitches. But it usuals means Target game play, subject to completly change.

I will take the under that we basicly end up with a next gen Dead Island minus the Parkour and texture quality. With Massive screen tearing even on next gen.

I hate the mission system already, just let me do wtf I want to do how is that so hard to understand.
No more fetch quests, no more taking damn orders!

It's far too early to say. It could be that those air drop missions are merely there to help progress the story with the rest of the game working on a random and open mission system not unlike that of SoD, DR or DI.

Flarin

This looks like a much more polished Dead Island with parkour elements. I'm okay with that. Who's publishing this again, Warner Bros?

Edit: Also, hey I'm a member now. Nice.

derFeef

This isn't really a case of both going for real life and ending up being similar. They clearly had mirrors edge playing on the side while animating this game. Most of them are identical.

You can only do so much with variety, I don't see why this is a complaint. If it is one ;)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I saw what was basically a charger and the little lightning blade from Dead Island.

man, Dead Island really was the beta for this thing. And yeah, refreshing not to hear fucking Troy Baker or Nolan North./

Top Bottom