• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster for iOS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

statham

I think this deserves a thread in it's own right, but... Yeah. Saying brace yourselves is an understatement if this is true
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/08...shows-final-fantasy-xx-2-hd-remaster-for-ios/

67eeHi8.jpg

EDIT:
I just got official word back from Square Enix USA (to clarify, I'm the author of the original article). It's a listing mistake. Second in a row since E3 lol

Borman

Would be interesting if true, it's not like the game requires that much precision, minus the stupid lightning or Chocobo game.

QP3

Don't really care if true, but if it releases before the Vita version, I will be far less pleased :-/

Why would I need to brace myself? It's still coming to PS3 and Vita right?

I don't personally think I'd want to play any dozens of hour long games on a phone, but I'm sure Square can probably make a decent extra bit of change by bringing it to iOS (assuming it runs OK).

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
If so, it won't be at launch. They will probably try to sell as many $40 copies as they can before they put it up on iOS.

In any case, I am pretty sure a Vita is just slightly more powerful than a 4S, and is superceded by the 5 and most certainly the ipad, so there is no technical limitations to consider here.

Abriael

Banned
I just got official word back from Square Enix USA (to clarify, I'm the author of the original article). It's a listing mistake. Second in a row since E3 lol

Can the 3DS run it?

IDK, I'm pretty sure they are using the Sony's specially designed tools used to make HD(they made tools specifically for HD ps2 remasters irc) remakes so I'm not sure if 3DS could run it. Could probably run it if they port it manually though.

One of those thing isn't like the other. One of those things isn't next gen. :p
It might be more than one generation Hahaha

Considering how badly the last couple of PS2 ports on 3DS turned out (Tales of the Abyss and Snake Eater), I dread to think how a graphically reworked HD up-port of a PS2 game would look.

More laziness from the developers than good optimization. I mean with Tales they did not even bother to include 3D effect all the way in the game. Also with Kojimas and his bullshit tech demo which was nothing like the retail game. However I would yes doubt that the HD improvements would work well down ported. Might as well just use the original games.

storafötter;79119813 said:
More laziness from the developers than good optimization. I mean with Tales they did not even bother to include 3D effect all the way in the game. Also with Kojimas and his bullshit tech demo which was nothing like the retail game. However I would yes doubt that the HD improvements would work well down ported. Might as well just use the original games.

Those lazy devs are just the bane of the industry.

Huff

Banned
storafötter;79119813 said:

lazy devs are the worst!

Berordn

Eh. The controls would be atrocious. I can't imagine playing this with touch controls.

I wouldn't see an issue with either game with touch controls, actually. Battles are menu driven in both and unless there's something I'm forgetting in X-2 it's all 2D planar movement.

It's probably a mistake, but it could work with a proper interface.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What the fuck?

What the fuck?

Takao

Banned
The reason it's not coming to 360 is because we assume SCE's involved with this release. That would rule out iOS too. Besides that, how often do these lists feature a yet to be announced thing? Pretty much never.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom