• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One's New Gamertag Avatars

Dramos

Found this from the Xbox One reddit:

Update: Pictures seem to come from IGN's AMA with Xbox's Marc Whitten.

Diopy8z.jpg

Ibuki

Banned
I really like how they show your years on xbox, much like the steam badge that says your years of service.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
That looks pretty nice and clean! I'm digging it. Specially that last design.

Silky

Banned
The third one is great.

I guess that Gamer Pictures are dead, eh? ...But what about my Sexy GG Jam pic ; A;

Bsigg12

They were on today's IGN ama. They're 1080p and they are saying they'll have around 300 available at launch.

I really like the picture for the third one, lol. Has anything been stated about the whole reputation thing? Kind of curious about that.

I never heard of the follower and following business on the gamertags. I'm guessing it's either Twitter, or an ability to follow certain people on Xbox?

Eusis

Just as long as I get my bloodied Servbot head... for if I get the XB1 in a few years.

I'll settle for a clean Servbot too though.

hawk2025

Whoohoo!

I like not having to have a stupid little doll standing around, we are allowed to be a bit more creative this time around :)

Found this from the Xbox One reddit:

Pics are from IGN's AMA with Xbox.

IGN said:
Will we be able to import our own JPEG’s, etc. for use as Gamerpics?
WHITTEN: We are focused on building out a beautiful collection of 1080p gamerpics for our users on Xbox One. You’ll also be able to create full-body poses of your Avatar to use as a gamerpic. You’ll see us do much more here in the future. At launch, we expect to have 300 gamerpics to choose from. Here are three examples:

Source

Silky

Banned
I never heard of the follower and following business on the gamertags. I'm guessing it's either Twitter, or an ability to follow certain people on Xbox?

I think it has to do with the new friends system and that it's based off of Twitter. The ones you follow that follow you as well are your friends, whereas the ones you follow in general are just people you an stal--err, "keep tabs." on.

Lovely...what are they?

Are they like the profile pictures when you sift through your friends list? How does it look in the UI?

Silky

Banned
Are Xbox 360 Avatars transferring over? If so will any changes be made to them?

MARC WHITTEN, CHIEF XBOX ONE PLATFORM ARCHITECT: They are – your avatar will be on the system at launch and in fact, you’ll have some new options, including the ability to do full-body HD gamerpics. By the way, we should actually talk more about gamerpics too. We’ve moved from the 64x64 gamerpics on Xbox 360 to a full 1080p. They are beautiful, and you are going to see some really cool hero moments, like when you login to see personalized views of your games and other content.

Huh. Glad to see they're back!

TOYCOFFIN

Banned
Looks awesome.

What's with the following/followers? And there's 0 chance they will let us upload pics for our own tags. I remember people clamoring for that feature when the 360 came out--I should know, I was one of them.

Top Bottom