• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One's New Gamertag Avatars

RoKKeR

Looks great, but I'm going to miss my current Gamerpic. =(

uyQYh.png

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
That's pretty nice, clarity especially will be great on the pictures at that size. Though at the same time I wonder why so big if most of the time it will be a tiny box on the screen in the corner or seemingly some sort of square like in those pictures from the IGN article on a profile, and not actually a full 1080p image across the screen.

Looks awesome.

What's with the following/followers? And there's 0 chance they will let us upload pics for our own tags. I remember people clamoring for that feature when the 360 came out--I should know, I was one of them.

There's different types of friends, you have a 1000 typical friends limit like on 360 now, and there's a Twitter like system where you can follow and be followed without being actual "friends" which as far as we know is "unlimited" that allows for just following updates and progress but not for playing games with.

blamite

They look pretty good, too bad there won't be an HD version of this:

vOAwTdx.png

Hopefully there will be alternate shapes/sizes so everyone doesn't have to be a huge square on the Dashboard?

MaulerX

Looks awesome.

What's with the following/followers? And there's 0 chance they will let us upload pics for our own tags. I remember people clamoring for that feature when the 360 came out--I should know, I was one of them.

The irony is that you can still take a picture of yourself or whatever and use as a gamer pic (only your friends can see it though). However, for some odd weirdo reason, you can only do it with the now defunct vision camera. You can't do it with Kinect. With Kinect 2.0 being 1080p and all, it would be great if they brought back that feature.

There was a bit about followers in Destructoid's article:
The friends limit is now 1,000, up from the original 100 setting on the Xbox 360. But you can also have followers on the Xbox One, much like you would on Twitter. For this, you can have unlimited followers. This means you can follow someone's gaming activity without taking spots in your feed. You can imagine how neat it will be to follow game industry personalities or celebrities to see what they're up to. A favorites list lets you pick your closest buddies to keep up with. They show up first, prioritized by the system.
http://www.destructoid.com/xbox-one-interface-is-clean-uncluttered-262315.phtml

Naminator

Banned
The second one looks awesome.
The other ones are meh.

Hopefully developers will add some awesome avatar rewards for their games :)

Relativ9

Nice, I hope they let you take a picture of yourself and upload it (also gogo real names!) Then again they probably fear the onslought of dick pics.

Bsigg12

Nice, I hope they let you take a picture of yourself and upload it (also gogo real names!) Then again they probably fear the onslought of dick pics.

Just avatar poses. They won't be doing jpeg uploads for the reason you stated, offensive pics everywhere. It's sad because people would ruin it in the first day if they did allow custom gamerpics and not preset ones.

Win your fantasy league and unlock an exclusive trophy gamerpic!

You know what, I actually like this idea.

E92 M3

I'm going to miss my Burnout Paradise gamerpic - had it forever and still think it looks fucking great.

These aren't too bad, though. Also, I truly am worried about the rep system getting abused. On LIVE people always leave crap feedback if they lose. Heck - I got mic banned once and I don't even use one; nor do I have a kinect that intercepts ambient sound.

Heysoos

I've been rocking my Seriously achievement gamer pic since I got it way back in the day.

OiPCC7t.png

Can't wait to upgrade.

Nostalgia edit:

man Gears of War 1 multiplayer was the fucking shit. So good.

Neverism

Bosskey Productions
Agreed, I still play it to this day! (gt: NEVERISM) *hint*hint*

On-topic: Time will tell if/when I upgrade to da bone but these are pretty slick!

I've been rocking my Seriously achievement gamer pic since I got it way back in the day.

OiPCC7t.png

Can't wait to upgrade.

Nostalgia edit:

mollipen

Really, really, REALLY hate that they're de-emphasizing Xbox Avatars on the Xbone. That was one way in which the Xbox 360 was clearly better than the PS3 for me.

isual

seriously in gears 1 was entirely a time based achievement. still a massive one too, with all those random disconnects, not entirely sure if you needed a full team to get it, etc.

this right here, is my crowning glory for xbox on master ninja.

1Gdsb2JhbC9GCgUEBhwAGAFZL3RpbGUvMC8yMDAwMgAAAAAAAAD7Oa3w.jpg

Cartman86

Banned
Do we know if Sony is doing the Follow model as well cause that would be really smart. They increased the Friends list to 2000, but that still manes the people who I would want to follow are not going to accept me. Those people will have tens of thousands of people who want to be friends. Really weird that they wouldn't considering how into Twitter they are.

Persona7

Banned

OiPCC7t.png

Can't wait to upgrade.

Nostalgia edit:

I remember really wanting to get that achievement but I stopped after a few days, lol.

I always liked all the cool gamer pics. I remember I found a website that had a TON of them in a archived file pulled off the server but that was in 2008 or so and I can't find that site anymore. I just want to archive them.

Cartman86

Banned
That IGN AMA has gotten better and better as it has gone along. Questions like this are exactly what I want

Outside of pinning favorite games, how will I be able to organize my digital games?

WHITTEN: Your home screen always has the five things you've done most recently to give you fast access to the games you play the most. Your library shows you every game and game add-on you own, digital and physical, whether or not you have it installed, sorted by what you've done most recently. But Pins are the best way to organize the games, apps, websites, movies and TV shows, and music you care about.

Finally!!! I hope PS4 does this as well. Keeping track of everything especially later on when we start to run out of space is important to me. Having to scroll through those garbage download lists sucks.

and this

Is there a more robust stat tracking for seeing how long you have played each game?

WHITTEN: In Xbox One you will find a consistent and powerful experience for tracking your own activity and progress in any game or app, as well as comparing your stats with the people you care about. Some of the interesting gameplay statistics you can track include how long you have played and your overall progress on each game. In addition to this, each game and app will be able to showcase compelling and engaging aspects of their title (we call these hero stats) and display this directly on the Xbox One dashboard.

My weird ass Nintendo and Steam addiction will now be on the Xbox!

TOYCOFFIN

Banned
The irony is that you can still take a picture of yourself or whatever and use as a gamer pic (only your friends can see it though). However, for some odd weirdo reason, you can only do it with the now defunct vision camera. You can't do it with Kinect. With Kinect 2.0 being 1080p and all, it would be great if they brought back that feature.

Lol, yeah I remember that. I was so excited back in the day about doing my own personal images for my gamerpics and shit--you know just like my own flair type of deal. Then I saw the number of gamerpics they wanted to sell and I knew they'd never let us upload our own ala Steam. I remember when the vision camera came out and they said we could use a picture from that if we wanted...the only downside is you had to buy the vision camera.

That IGN AMA has gotten better and better as it has gone along. Questions like this are exactly what I want

Finally!!! I hope PS4 does this as well. Keeping track of everything especially later on when we start to run out of space is important to me. Having to scroll through those garbage download lists sucks.

I hope PS4 does that as well too.

Like just go to the Games tab and it shows you everything you own, whether it's installed or not, would be amazing. Just go full on Steam style for that.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I really like how they show your years on xbox, much like the steam badge that says your years of service.

It'll be useless if its like on 360, where it resets to 0 if you lapse your Gold subscription, even for a day.

Edit: It pauses, doesn't reset!

TheSoviet

Neo Member
It's gotta be said. The xbox avatar was a blatant ripoff of the Wii's mii. I do hate microsoft for copying nintendo in such a blatant fashion.

Top Bottom