• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One's New Gamertag Avatars

blamite

I hate the current avatars and was very pleased when it was rumoured they weren't returning, but this one looks great and actually makes me happy they aren't getting of them...

That's almost definitely just an HD gamerpic like the ones on the 360 right now and not an "avatar" avatar.

Metzhara

I'm considered by some a "fan" of Microsoft. I respect some of their choices (though recent ones are more questionable for certain.)
This AMA though is sort of sad. I'm not a fan of IGN but they're not at fault. Whitten just couldn't answer questions directly.
Hell, it opens up with showing these 1080P Gamer Pics but what was asked is if you can load your own. He doesn't even attempt to answer. His answers to the questions are left in the void where he hits his PR marks.
Man, if anything has made me cynical it's this AMA.

I will be honest though, all that aside one of the coolest things to do with my X360 on the first day was scour through the Gamer Pics and pick "the one." Could be pretty cool. And like last gen, I stopped caring like 2 years in. "What? I still got Tron Legacy GT pics? Whatev." -Adam

Persona7

Banned
I just remembered those DOA4 gamerpics that were pre-loaded on the 360 near launch, I lost them when I had to format my drive. I heard you can get them by playing DOA4 but they never unlocked for me after I lost them.

An idea for a new thread would be a list of celebrity / gaming personality gamertags that people could add to their "Follow" list on the Xbox One.

I'd start it myself, but I dont have permission to start a new thread.

They are not doing real identities?

As far as I know, no. The gamertag system is the same as operates on the 360. So, for example, if you wanted to follow Marc Whitten, you would have to know that his gamertag is Notwen.

But what about Cliffy B? Or Peter Molyneux? Or Ken Levine? etc etc

Happy to be corrected if wrong.

I would be interested to pick and choose from a list of famous gamertags by real name identity to add to my follow list.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
They are not doing real identities?
They are, but I think you need to be friends with the person and they have to allow you to see their real name before you can view it. Sony is doing something similar with PSN, but they've also gone one step further by announcing that you can make your real name public so people can add you via your name.

Xbox Chief Product Officer Marc Whitten told Polygon that the Xbox One won't have the same friend limit as the Xbox 360, which capped users at 100 friends. "You'll be able to have many, many more friends [on Xbox One] — we won't have those types of limits, and you'll see us pulling friends from across other social experiences," he said. Whitten mentioned the possibility of Xbox One pulling friends from users' Facebook friends lists. He described the console as "a very social experience."

Whitten also said that the Xbox One will allow users to have both their Gamertags and their real names attached to their accounts. "You'll have your Gamertag, which will be semi-anonymous, and you'll be able to use your real name with your friends," he said. "You as a user will be able to say who on your friends list will see you as your real name."

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4352904/xbox-one-will-allow-users-to-have-1000-xbox-live-friends

Bundy

Banned
People like these ugly avatars? :-/
I hoped they would get rid of them, or replace them with non-ugly characters...
(Hated them on the X360)

MCD

Bump

Xbox One Gamerpic Contest: https://madebyyou.xboxone.com/
Design an Xbox One Gamerpic and be a part of Xbox history! Gamerpics play an important role in Xbox One – they make a statement, they represent a person, define a player and their style. Design your own Gamerpics for a chance to be part of the Xbox One Gamerpic Gallery.

100 winners will be selected by the Xbox team and Xbox Community and will have their art featured in the Gamerpic Gallery of Xbox One for players worldwide to select as their Xbox One Gamerpic. Winning designers will receive an Xbox One controller to commemorate their win.

Robot Pants

I've been rocking my Seriously achievement gamer pic since I got it way back in the day.

OiPCC7t.png

Can't wait to upgrade.

Nostalgia edit:

man Gears of War 1 multiplayer was the fucking shit. So good.
It suuuuuure was. :)
I've been rocking the NG2 master ninja one since 2008. I won't be getting an Xbox one probably ever, but if I did id love to keep using that gamer pic

Loomba

I've been rocking my Seriously achievement gamer pic since I got it way back in the day.

OiPCC7t.png

Can't wait to upgrade.

Nostalgia edit:

man Gears of War 1 multiplayer was the fucking shit. So good.

I remember getting to 10,000 kills and the achievement didn't proc, I was nearly crying haha. Then I got it at 10,024 kills, weird how I can still remember that; it was like 6 years ago.

Top Bottom