• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vampire Diaries S5 | OT | and who are we kidding The Originals S1 | OT | too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES

Next Episode
Episode 07: November 14 2013
Death and the Maiden

Following Episodes
Episode 08: November 21 2013
Dead Man on Campus

“This Season we’re really going back to what we had in Season 1, which is what sucked everyone in to begin with,” Somerhalder recently told us while on set in Atlanta. “Our director of photography is using light and darkness to paint the imagery of the story, really accentuating it and creating a mood that helps tell our story. This is a dark show.”

7s4N1wD.jpg

In the tumultuous fourth season of THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, the world of Mystic Falls was turned upside down when the beautiful and compassionate Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev) came face-to-face with her worst nightmare – life as a vampire. While Elena struggled to control her new powers and the overwhelming thirst for blood, the astonishing news that a cure for vampirism may actually exist reached Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Stefan (Paul Wesley) Salvatore, the two vampire brothers who love her. Their search for the cure leads the brothers, along with Elena’s brother Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) and her best friends Bonnie (Kat Graham) and Caroline (Candice Accola), to a horrifying confrontation with the ancient and all-powerful immortal, Silas, who has been entombed with the cure for more than 2,000 years. But Elena isn’t the only vampire who longs to return to life as a human, and the question of who will take the cure is resolved in the heart-stopping season finale, along with moments of unexpected joy, unspeakable sorrow, and a confession of true love. The series heads into its fifth season with some characters headed off to college, a newly cured vampire trying to survive as a human, and a shocking Salvatore secret.

Catch Up
OT2 | OT3 | OT4

Season 1 Episode Guide
Season 2 Episode Guide
Season 3 Episode Guide
Season 4 Episode Guide

Media
"Game Changer" Promo

t9YZO6w.jpg
Rjawspl.jpg
wQcKN62.jpg

j53ASTY.jpg
cOhTO8G.jpg
hhq76C4.jpg

zjeBu9W.jpg
U8SRTSg.jpg

Pachimari

THE ORIGINALS

Next Episode
Episode 07: November 12 2013
Bloodletting

Following Episodes
-

AyMo50o.jpg

Family is power. The Original Vampire family swore it to each other a thousand years ago. They pledged to remain together, always and forever. Now, centuries have passed and the bonds of family are broken. Time, tragedy, and hunger for power have torn The Original Family apart. When Niklaus Mikaelson, the original vampire-werewolf hybrid, receives a mysterious tip that a plot is brewing against him in the supernatural melting pot that is the French Quarter of New Orleans, he returns to the city his family helped build. Klaus’ questions lead him to a reunion with his diabolical former protégé, Marcel, a charismatic vampire who has total control over the human and supernatural inhabitants of New Orleans. Determined to help his brother find redemption, Elijah follows Klaus and soon learns that the werewolf Hayley has also come to the French Quarter searching for clues to her family history, and has fallen into the hands of a powerful witch named Sophie. Tensions between the town’s supernatural factions are nearing a breaking point as Marcel commands his devoted followers and rules with absolute power. For Klaus, the thought of answering to his powerful protégé is unthinkable, and he vows to reclaim what was once his — the power, the city, and his family. While they wait to see if their sister Rebekah will leave Mystic Falls and join them, Klaus and Elijah form an uneasy alliance with the witches to ensure that New Orleans will be ruled by THE ORIGINALS once again.

ZVKlfHi.jpg
bKe5D09.jpg
qVlj5sy.jpg

KurPdg7.jpg
O97OvR2.jpg
uriBYst.jpg

D8am2MR.jpg
dhko1YS.jpg

Tokubetsu

Originals will better simply because Katherine/Elena and Jeremy aren't in it. I wonder what they'll give Matt to do in the background this season!

I still laugh everytime I think about how they couldn't keep Jeremy dead. Like, jesus christ.

Bladenic

Originals will better simply because Katherine/Elena and Jeremy aren't in it. I wonder what they'll give Matt to do in the background this season!

I still laugh everytime I think about how they couldn't keep Jeremy dead. Like, jesus christ.

Oh hell no, you did not include Katerina in that list. She's the best character of TVD.

hamchan

Very sad about Jeremy. Always thought he was a wanker and was quite happy about him dying.

He'll be busy being the in-between for Bonnie all season, and that's pretty much the most he's had to do on the show. Besides maybe making a tattoo appear...

Pachimari

Season 4 were the weakest of the seasons no doubt, and I were quite disappointed.

But I have high hopes of Season 5 and expect it'll go back to the first season's atmosphere and finally we can move on from the Originals family.

Yet, I'm extremely excited about The Originals and the cross-overs.

Bungie

TVD OT on here?! Been a TVD fan since day one! Will definitely check this thread after every new episode.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH

It's almost here.

Season 4 was a dip in quality from the fantastic Season 3, but it was still solid. I attribute that to them closing up plotlines and it being a set up season, introducing new concepts and characters to the fold while getting established ones either tied up or moved on.

I am also really hyped for The Originals, mainly because Klaus was always one of my favorites. With him and Elijah running a show, I don't see how you can go wrong...

Either way, looking forward to them both.

TVD OT on here?! Been a TVD fan since day one! Will definitely check this thread after every new episode.
Welcome. We've been a small group since S1 but I think most people have stayed for the ride, as VD has been a model of raising the stakes every episode since day one.

Edit: Just realized we didn't even have a S1 OT :lol

Yikes. ABC already has last season up. Thought the CW/Netflix partnership would be more meaningful....

And Netflix already has New Girl season 2, weeks ahead of the DVD release.

Guess CW just wants disc sales before it goes streaming. Still wish Arrow would go up before the season 2 premiere.

Pachimari

What I don't understand is, since Season 3 the Blu-ray releases have not had Danish subtitles, while the DVD version still have them. Sucks if I want to watch it with somebody who don't understand English..

TripOpt55

Season 4 was a little disappointing and I'm not sure about some of the things they set up for this year, but I'm still quite excited for its return. I think moving The Originals to a spin-off should be good and help TVD as they weren't always sure what to do with them the past season and a half.

Bladenic

Guess who's dating?

nIwETRp.jpg

Paul Wesley (Stefan) and Phoebe Tonkin (Hayley).

I wonder if something happened between them throughout the filming of S4? Since Paul and Torrey DeVitto (Meredith) split up but that was reported in July, so it's probably not linked at all.

Apparently, Nina Dobrev is dating Derek Hough, but I'm not too sure about that one yet.

Awkward... I guess we won't be seeing Dr. Meredith anymore? Not that we saw her much at all after S3. Shame, I liked her.

Pachimari

Didn't Dr. Meredith have a mohawk-like haircut on the promo picture for S4? We never even saw her with that new haircut. I really feel there was a storyline planned but it got cut.

By the way, there's 6 seasons planned right?

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Ian, Nina and Paul all have 6 year contracts I believe so the show should go until at least S6.

It seemed like they were going to use Meredith in S4 but that never happened.

Bladenic

Didn't Dr. Meredith have a mohawk-like haircut on the promo picture for S4? We never even saw her with that new haircut. I really feel there was a storyline planned but it got cut.

By the way, there's 6 seasons planned right?

Planned, but I highly doubt it won't go beyond that.

Somnia

Guess who's dating?

nIwETRp.jpg

Paul Wesley (Stefan) and Phoebe Tonkin (Hayley).

I wonder if something happened between them throughout the filming of S4? Since Paul and Torrey DeVitto (Meredith) split up but that was reported in July, so it's probably not linked at all.

Apparently, Nina Dobrev is dating Derek Hough, but I'm not too sure about that one yet.

Congrats Paul, lucky bastard!

I wouldn't doubt the Nina and Derek story, she is best friends with Julianne Hough.

BTW welcome to anyone new who posted in the thread, we're a small group here, but I'm glad to see were growing!

Prologue

Was really disappointed by season 4. Just wasn't as fun as the other seasons and it was issue after issue to the point that it was draining.

I wasn't too against season 4 just because we got to see old crazy neurotic Caroline again. That was worth it.

Honestly though I kind of give the season a bit of a pass. I feel like the beginning of the season was setting up for more or heading somewhere but then maybe the Originals getting picked up changed where they were taking it. It was just anti-climactic overall.

kirblar

Was really disappointed by season 4. Just wasn't as fun as the other seasons and it was issue after issue to the point that it was draining.
It felt like they had to rewrite/shift gears somewhere in the middle - there was some stuff after the winter break that just was left hanging. Meredith Fell and the preacher's daughter both kinda got pushed off.

Yeah, of course, it is queen caroline...but the way that poster is done is extra special.

I wonder when and how often they're gonna do Originals Crossovers.

Probably depends on how well Originals does. We could end up seeing a few the second half of the season if it starts off bad. If it does fine I'm gonna guess not very many, if any, this first season.

Bladenic

Probably depends on how well Originals does. We could end up seeing a few the second half of the season if it starts off bad. If it does fine I'm gonna guess not very many, if any, this first season.

Really? I'd guess there would be more in S1 to help it out like Buffy/Angel S1 (haha funny how TVD is S5 just like Buffy was when Angel started) and then do less as the show goes on. Assuming it does of course.

I wonder if TO gets canceled, will the Originals return to TVD?

Joni

Really? I'd guess there would be more in S1 to help it out like Buffy/Angel S1 (haha funny how TVD is S5 just like Buffy was when Angel started) and then do less as the show goes on. Assuming it does of course.

I wonder if TO gets canceled, will the Originals return to TVD?
Certainly. The staff adores Joseph Morgan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom