• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Revenge (Season 3) |OT| It's wedding season in The Hamptons again, pack your pistol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
vXCFgN3.png

Welcome to the Season 3 OT of Revenge, the primetime soap based loosely on The Count of Monte Cristo. For those not in the know, Revenge's twist on the genre is that the very first episode of each season flashes forward to an intensely dramatic moment, halfway through the season. (Which tend to happen at weddings, or wedding related activities.) The first half of the season shows how things lead to this pivotal moment, while the latter half explores the aftermath.

Season 3 premiered Sun. Sept 29th on ABC in the USA, and on CityTV in Canada.

Summary
(Contains general series spoilers.)

In short, when we last left off at the end of season 2, Emily has reconnected with Daniel (but pissed off Jack & Aiden), Nolan was going to prison under falsified charges, Aiden had abandoned Emily, Victoria had estranged herself from her entire family (save one?), Conrad had been elected governor, Charlotte was pregnant and alone, Declan was dead, Jack has lost his dad, wife, brother and dog, and Ashley was doing who knows what.

Note: This season will be 24 episodes long, with it split into two continuous halves. (ie. There will be no breaks in between episodes, save the winter holiday hiatus.)

Cast

GvOoXoW.png

Emily Thorne (Portrayed by Emily VanCamp)
The (anti?) heroine of our story, Emily finds herself refocused on her original goal of avenging the complete destruction of father at the hands of the Graysons. But now that more of those close to her are aware of her true intentions, will she be able follow through with her plans?

AvjbA9v.png

Victoria Grayson (Portrayed by Madeleine Stowe)
The (former?) queen bee of The Hamptons, Victoria has driven every member of her family away with her machinations, yet she seems to be happier than ever. Is this all due to the mysterious stranger that appeared on her doorstep the night of Conrad's election?

5XJPvwe.png

Conrad Grayson (Portrayed by Henry Czerny)
The newly (yet falsely) elected governor of New York, Conrad is currently trying to parlay his win into an eventual run for The White House. But now that his only income is his gubernatorial wage, and his former clout seems to be fading every minute, will he be able to keep his lust for power alive?

f0JOUQ5.png

Daniel Grayson (Portrayed by Joshua Bowman)
Now that Daniel is (re)engaged to Emily, things seem to be looking up for the former party boy and general screw-up of the Grayson family. But will he ever realize his continuous pawn status in the twisted games of his fiance and family, and finally assert himself into a position of his own making?

ObjhMLR.png

Jack Porter (Portrayed by Nick Wechsler)
The (continuously grieving) punching bag of The Hamptons, Jack seems to never catch a break. Now with almost all of his family dead, save his son Carl, Jack is hellbent on making those who ruined his life pay. But now that he knows Emily's part in all this, will she also be on his hit list?

WAVV93B.png

Nolan Ross (Portrayed by Gabriel Mann)
The (falsely) imprisoned former CEO of NolCorp, Nolan has had the tables turned on himself when he ends up serving time for the crimes of those he was trying to stop. Now fresh out of jail, and in a swanky new pad, he and Emily reconnect in their desire to see the Graysons pay. But with two psycho ex-boyfriends (one deceased), and a dead girlfriend to boot, will Nolan ever find love?

lbIFKLC.png

Charlotte Clarke (Portrayed by Christa B. Allen)
The (still) bratty daughter of Victoria Grayson and David Clarke, Charlotte has lost her boyfriend and her unborn baby all in less than two months. But now that she's got a fancy new haircut and some expensive new clothes, (purchased with money from who knows where), will Charlotte finally grow up and vacate the shadows of her insane family?

qDHKQgr.png

Aiden Mathis (Portrayed by Barry Sloane)
The (former) lover and partner of Emily Throne, Aiden was intent on helping his beloved succeed in her wishes of destroying the Graysons, and he expected that she in turn would help him with his own plans of revenge. Well, things didn't quite work out that way, and now Aiden in on the lam. But will his feeling for Emily win out over his overwhelming sense of betrayal?

There are many other characters that make up the world of Revenge, (scheming secretaries, abandoned siblings, crazy relatives, hoards of media hounds, etc.) but I think the above are more than enough to get things started, eh?

Links

-Official ABC Revenge Web Site
-Official CityTV Revenge Web Site
-Extended Season 3 Promo

In Closing...

I just thought I'd throw together a quick OT for S3 of Revenge since it really seems like the show is refocusing on all that made it so great in the first season. I hope everyone who once loved the show can give it another shot.

Credit: Thanks to ABC, the Revenge Wikia and an unknown tumblr gif maker person for the images.

Patrick and I would like to thank you for reading.

fAqKTni.gif
dCAamCb.gif
veC83gO.gif

Chris R

I didn't like the move to Sundays so I stopped watching this at some point (either S1 or S2) but I did enjoy what I saw of it. I should catch up on Netflix or something now that Breaking Bad is done.

Omzz

Finally we have continuous episodes. Those random breaks would annoy the shit out of me.

Watched the first episode. I kinda liked it

Tucah

you speak so well
Really glad the premiere fixed a lot of problems that I had with the second season. It seems more in the spirit of the first season, Emily red X-ing some motherfuckers. Patrick seems like a good (eye candy) addition so far and I'm really glad that Declan and Ashley are gone from the show. Hope it keeps it simpler this year, no crazy corporations or whatever the hell was going on last year.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Nice OT Hours. I'm going to give this another season since season 1 was so entertaining, and I really hope it's better than season 2 was.

Nice OT Hours. I'm going to give this another season since season 1 was so entertaining, and I really hope it's better than season 2 was.
Thanks.

I didn't hate season 2 as much as lots of others did, but I found it hilarious the the first 15 minutes of the S3 premiere was all about dumping all the lame loose plot threads from S2.

Changed the OT banner to make it a bit more theme appropriate~

Also, ratings news from last night...

The season premiere of Revenge garnered a 2.4 adults 18-49 rating down 25 percent from last year’s 3.2 but up 41 percent from a 1.7 for the season 2 finale on May 12.
This is good news BTW.

Source

TripOpt55

Pretty good premiere. It is definitely refocusing. They even just wrote off the Charlotte pregnancy off hand. No Declan and Ashley should be great. Emily back to some classic takedowns should be good. The line about never saying Initiative or Carrion again was hilarious. And Nolan parachuting into the party was great too.

Now my number one wish is that Nolan and Patrick hook up.

According to the showrunner...
Nolan's love interest is someone we will have met before the relationship starts.

Card Boy

Banned
just gonna quote my post in the other thread:

Ashley is gone i remember reading interviews saying that the first ep of season 3 was the last we will ever see Ashley. Good riddance, hope they get rid of Daniel aswell.

I wonder how much Breaking Bad + Homeland affected that number.

I would say alot, the video game equivalent is like launching next to COD and GTA. Dumb move by the execs.

Revenge is back (on track)!

Good, episode, if only because they dropped some unnecessary plots from season 2, but it was a nice coming back to roots too!

catmincer

I realise I hate most the characters on this show now.

Daniel - Yawn
Jack - Yawn
Charlotte - Yawn
Aiden - Yawn

The only interesting characters are Emily, Victoria, Nolan and Conrad. Patrick I'll take because hot. I'm going to re-watch this episode because I was somewhat distracted when I watched it last night.

EulaCapra

Shame Ashley had to go. I'm hoping she's the one to shoot Emily just so she can fit into the main narrative.

And if Nolan's love interest isn't Patrick (or at least another man), what's the point really?

That was, without a doubt, one of the best episodes of the entire series. This show has really found it's way again.

It was sooooooooooooooooooooo good. :D

TripOpt55

Yeah this was excellent. I loved how they kind of turned the takedown on its head. Used it to point out some of Emily's flaws with her revenging. Great stuff.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
so happy this is back! and off to such a great start :)

LOVE Emily VanCamp, my favorite TV girl (along with Lana Parilla). I'm beyond stoked that Emily will be in Cap 2 with my favorite movie guy Chris Evans <3

Zero315

Banned
Man, I'm loving that they've gone back to the season one formula. I love scheming Emily, and everything with Nolan is pretty much gold. I don't want to say season two was bad, but it got really bogged down with The Things That Shall Not Be Named and lost focus and a lot of the fun that season one had. I still stand by my belief that Emily Thorne is one of the best and most fitting character names on television.

Counting down the episodes until Patrick and Nolan hook up, tbh. We all know it's going to happen.

Fake edit: OMG, Patrick was in Passions! I've been trying to remember what I've seen him in since last weeks episode.

well that was good, love they actually got someone that turned there life around
don't know why Adrian helping Victoria, shouldn't he still be angry at Daniel for last season.

Ratings from last night...

Revenge garnered a 1.9, down four tenths from last week's 2.3 adults 18-49 rating.
A dip back to season 2 numbers, but the show is practically guaranteed a forth season due to syndication, so it's not a big worry.

Plus, last night's episode is getting a lot of positive buzz, so hopefully it will bring some lapsed fans back.

SaintZ

I think last night's episode was so slow.

I did like the ending with Conrad. It made me feel bad for him.

I like Margeaux even if she tried to seduce Daniel.

I can't stand Aiden and I do not care about his plot at all.

komarkaze

Man the writers killed off a lot of the plot threads from the season 2 finale. Nolan went to jail but came out in the premiere like it was nothing. Charlotte was revealed to be pregnant late last season but miscarried the baby offscreen this season. And how did Aiden survive his fight to the death with Daniel in Emily's house? At least no more of that Initiative/Carrion nonsense.

Another great episode. I knew they would use the painting to pair up Nolan and Patrick. My dreams are coming true~ :D

I also like Jack and Margaux together, which I was not expecting.

dLMN8R

Man the writers killed off a lot of the plot threads from the season 2 finale. Nolan went to jail but came out in the premiere like it was nothing. Charlotte was revealed to be pregnant late last season but miscarried the baby offscreen this season. And how did Aiden survive his fight to the death with Daniel in Emily's house? At least no more of that Initiative/Carrion nonsense.

The new show runners apparently wanted a re-do of season 2 :p

TripOpt55

Good episode though I preferred last week's. Ending was pretty cool. That argument at the party was excellent. I figured Aiden was secretly helping Emily, but he really stirred some stuff up between her and Daniel still. And hey it turns out they didn't just forget about the Daniel/Aiden fight. I honestly thought they were just pretending it didn't happen. I forget how it actually went down last season, so not sure how out there this was. The running bit about the swans between Nolan and Patrick was really good.

BJK

Objectively, I know this is not a great show...but Van Camp and Stowe sell the hell out of it (and Nolan gets some of the best snappy dialogue).

Oh god yes, that episode was everything I have ever wanted from this show. (The insane twists, the Patrick/Nolan hook up, the LIGHTBULB!) This season rocks.

But ABC, never use the term "love rhombus" ever again.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Still have to watch tonight's, but yeah, this season has been much better than the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom