• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes @ NYCC: Reveals, Demo, Thor movie DLC & reveal countdown

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ilcnRYZIFvnxI.gif

General:
- Releasing Oct 22 for most platforms, Nov 15 for PS4/X1 (NA, still no concrete word on other regions)
- Over 150 Characters
- Over 50 Vehicles
- Demo available October 15th on XBLA, PSN and PC (at LEGO.com)

Click here for a cumulative list of characters announced thus far, including most recent announcements

New characters confirmed:
- Absorbing Man
- Aunt May
- "Both Electros" (I think they mean Ultimate/Movie and 616)
- Future Foundation costumes (Spider-Man has one)
- Havok
- Iron Fist
- Malekith The Accursed
- Moon Knight
- Nightmare
- Polaris
- Power Man
- Pyro
- Shocker
- She-Hulk
- Taskmaster
- Superior Spider-Man
BWZGC-bCcAA1kkl.jpg

cpdr.jpg

DAY 1 THOR DLC PACK (Pricing still TBA)

- Malekith
- Kurse
- Sif
- Volstagg
- Odin
- Hogun
- Fandral
- Jane Foster.

Every day until the game's release on October 22nd, they will be revealing a new character at Marvel.com. So far:

- Ant-Man
detail.jpg

- Black Bolt
detail.jpg

Also they're doing a Live Twitter Q&A right now.

i never thought I would see that sentence.

I'm coming round to the idea. Thought it was stupid at first, but clearly they're executing on a higher level than (perhaps deservedly) most expected them too.

Plus it's always cool to see more to-the-minute fanservice.

TreIII

Superior Spider-Man? Oh man. That's pretty awesome.

Ant-Man looks rad.

If Superior Spider-Man is here? Then there really is no excuse for Flash Venom to not be. I'd also like to see Kaine's Scarlet Spider as at least a costume, if not his own character.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
It's pretty amazing the amount of fan service that's going into this game, really can't wait. Could be a day 1 purchase for me!

If Superior Spider-Man is here? Then there really is no excuse for Flash Venom to not be. I'd also like to see Kaine's Scarlet Spider as at least a costume, if not his own character.

Yeah, it should be Venom, Flash Thompson Venom and Anti-Venom, but I guess I'd happily just take Brock Venom. (They should bring back his Spider-Man PS1 voice actor too)

Village

I'm coming round to the idea. Thought it was stupid at first, but clearly they're executing on a higher level than (perhaps deservedly) most expected them too.

Plus it's always cool to see more to-the-minute fanservice.

I can agree with that, I like newer fanservice.Can I get "right " cyclops.

Drayco21

Oh, the things I would do for Kaine as Scarlet Spider and Agent Venom/Mania.

Superior Spider-Man and Aunt May are both great, this game has an incredible roster.

Yazuka

I'm actually very interested in this LEGO game, it's the first one that has sparked an interest in me. Will the game have voice acting? Two player co-op?
I haven't been up to date at all with the game.

TreIII

Yeah, it should be Venom, Flash Thompson Venom and Anti-Venom, but I guess I'd happily just take Brock Venom. (They should bring back his Spider-Man PS1 voice actor too)

Shoot, I'd love to see Anti-Venom, as well. Even though he's really a non-factor in the comics at the moment (curse you, Richards). As long as it's not Brock's Toxin.

And yeah, Daran Norris' take on "Silly!Venom" was one of my favorite things about Spidey PSX.

Drayco21

I'm actually very interested in this LEGO game, it's the first one that has sparked an interest in me. Will the game have voice acting? Two player co-op?
I haven't been up to date at all with the game.

Yes and yes. They even got the traditional voice actors for the characters, so Nolan North is back as Deadpool and Steven Blum is Wolverine.

Yazuka

Yes and yes. They even got the traditional voice actors for the characters, so Nolan North is back as Deadpool and Steven Blum is Wolverine.
Oh, god yes! Just what I was hoping to hear!!
Thank you! Not I'm sure I'll be getting this game.

MAtgS

Still waiting for confirmation that the Wii U version will have the 2-screen co-op that LB2DC had.

& Power Pack, I starting to get worried.

I've never been a fan of these games, but my love for Marvel will at least guarantee I play the demo. Actually Black Bolt guarantees I will play the demo.

Groof

Is there a full list of characters revealed somewhere?
This is lookin mighty cool, and I'd be interested in grabbing it for the PS4 down the line.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Arthur Parsons (Game Director) revealed on twitter that there will be a Peter Parker mission in NYC and also that in co-op certain teams/combinations of characters will get their own features. I'm guessing he's referring to stuff like Colossus throwing Wolverine.

Nightcrawler won't be in the game because there's no room on the grid. People thought he could be between Mystique and Nova, but with the reveal of Nightmare, that theory was crushed.
Maybe, but maybe not. Trade show demos are always old builds, and things get switched around and new characters get added very recently (i.e. Taskmaster, BigFig Venom).

For instance, Extremis Soldier was a playable character in earlier builds but there is no slot for him in the Eurogamer build at all. Roxxon Guard got removed off of the playable characters list altogether. I don't think they would have removed goons just because either.

Still waiting for confirmation that the Wii U version will have the 2-screen co-op that LB2DC had.

& Power Pack, I starting to get worried.

I just found this:

Wii U owners will get a couple of GamePad specific extras. In the NYC hub you can set waypoints on the map that will reveal a stud trail to guide you to your destination. Also, in co-op mode, one player will use the GamePad screen while the other uses the television—there’s no split-screen required.

I was also told that the PS Vita and 3DS versions will be completely different from past designs, which I am very thankful for, since the watered down portable games as of late have been nothing but disappointments. There is also a DS version, though it will be released after the initial launch.

Read more: http://www.cheatcc.com/wiiu/rev/legomarvelsuperheroespreview.html#.Ulmw7Jm9LCQ#ixzz2hXdziuHV
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives

Drayco21

Is there a full list of characters revealed somewhere?
This is lookin mighty cool, and I'd be interested in grabbing it for the PS4 down the line.

Abomination, Absorbing Man, Acolytes, Agent Phil Coulson, Ant-Man, Archangel, Arnim Zola, Aunt May, Axel Alonso, Beast, Black Bolt, Black Cat, Black Widow, Blob, Captain America, Captain Britain, Colossus, Cyclops, Daredevil, Deadpool, Destroyer, Doctor Doom, Doctor Octopus, Elektra, Electro, Extremis Soldier, Falcon, Frost Giant, Galactus, Gambit, Ghost Rider, Green Goblin (can transform into Ultimate Goblin), Hawkeye, Havok, Heimdall, HERBIE, Howard the Duck, Hulk (and Bruce Banner), Hulkbuster Iron Man, Human Torch, HYDRA Soldier, Iceman, Invisible Woman, Iron Fist, Iron Man (Mark 1, 6, 7 and 42), Iron Patriot, J. Jonah Jameson, Jean Grey, Joe Quesada, Juggernaut, Kingpin, Kraven, Lady Deathstrike, Leader, Lizard (and Curt Connors), Loki, Madame Hydra, Magneto, Malekith, Maria Hill, Moon Knight, Mr. Fantastic, Ms. Marvel, Mysterio, Mystique, Ultimate Nick Fury, Nightmare, Nova (probably Sam Alexander, not Dick Rider), Polaris, Power Man, Psylocke, Professor X, Punisher, Pyro, Red Hulk (And General Ross), Rhino, Rocket Raccoon, Roxxon Guard, Ryan Penagos (Agent M), Sabretooth, Sandman, Sentinels, She-Hulk, Shocker, Silver Surfer, Silver Samurai, Spider-Man, Spider Woman, Squirrel Girl, Stan Lee, Star Lord, Storm, Super Skrull, Superior Spider-Man, Taskmaster, Thing, Thor, Tom Breevort, Tony Stark, Venom, Vulture, War Machine and Wolverine so far.

DLC Characters confirmed are Beta Ray Bill, Classic Hawkeye, Symbiote Spider-Man, Winter Soldier, Thanos, Dark Phoenix, Falcon, A-Bomb and the OP's Thor Dark World characters.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I made a Google Doc of all the characters announced thus far.

IMO it's much clearer this way, especially considering most lists I see include speculative characters as ones that are confirmed (such as the Marvel employees in Drayco21's list, which most likely won't be playable).

Any word or pic on Ms. MARVEL?
She shows up at some point in this Gamspot demo- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-7GySWFtIY
They actually demonstrate her in this video.

Top Bottom