• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle English Trailer

Silky

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgQ_c8ybYK4

Available in North America, Europe, and Oceania in Spring 2014.

Enter the incredible universe of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure!

This gameplay trailer presents various battle scenes taken from the 1st, 2nd and 3rd chapter of the story.
Many other characters will join the fight with their other-world companions!

Chapter 1: Phantom Blood
JONATHAN JOESTAR & WILL ANTHONIO ZEPPELI

Chapter 2: Battle Tendency
JOSEPH JOESTAR, CAESAR ZEPPELLI, WAMUU, ESIDISI & KARS

Chapter 3: Stardust Crusaders
DIO BRANDO, KUJO JOTARO, MUHAMMAD AVDOL & JOSEPH JOESTAR with their respective "STANDS" THE WORLD, STAR PLATINUM, MAGICIAN'S RED & HERMIT PURPLE

The story isn't stopping here; stay tuned for more details over the next few weeks!

Developed by CyberConnect 2, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle is coming out in spring 2014 on Playstation 3.

Joseph-oh-my-god.jpg

KTallguy

Banned
The game looks great but fuck man, it sometimes dips to 15 fps or something. For a fighting game that's no good.

sensui-tomo

was ESIDESI always his name in the americas/europe? since they called him as such in the video description leads me to believe that will be his name in the game.

Silky

Banned
It's not F2P though? Unless you're referring to the microtransactions in the Campaign mode?

Anyways, I was hoping to see some of the localized names but there was barely any English in this trailer!

So far? Everything from what we've seen of the English release are the name changes for ACDC and Wham (now Eisidisi and Wamuu.)

The game looks great but fuck man, it sometimes dips to 15 fps or something. For a fighting game that's no good.

It's not a fighting game. It's a JoJo game. I'm pretty sure the game has never had frame-rate dips.

You want a 60FPS fighting game? Go get JoJo HD.

So far? Everything from what we've seen of the English release are the name changes for ACDC and Wham (now Eisidisi and Wamuu.)

I thought Esidisi and Wamuu were always their names directly translated from Japanese to English? Most people just called them ACDC and Wham since that's what their names are obviously referencing. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.

I'm more concerned about the later names like King Crimson or the various Prince references. I remember hearing a rumor that the Part 5 PS2 game couldn't be localized due to the name Gold Experience but I don't know how true that is.

edit: The framerate drops a lot in this game. Just doing a Stand Rush causes it to slow down.

It's not a fighting game. It's a JoJo game. I'm pretty sure the game has never had frame-rate dips.

You have no idea how bad the framerate is.

KTallguy

Banned

Ok! :)

Didn't mean to derail the thread, just expressing my frustration upon playing an import copy, and wishing that the game could be faster/more snappy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Part 4 & 5 is gonna be the most interesting, with the Queen stuff, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Aerosmith, etc.

Also, that was a rather quiet trailer in terms of voices, in comparison to the Japanese ones. Heck, it seems like they just took the JPN trailers & spliced them together, especially with the ending from PV...3, I think with Dio.

Though yay, English logo.

Peff

It's not just Stand Rushes, merely having the four models on-screen makes the framerate tumble, let alone the extra visual effects from actually playing. Ideally it'd come to PC, but that's not very likely :( Let's see what they do with the DLC characters...

VariantX

It's not just Stand Rushes, merely having the four models on-screen makes the framerate tumble, let alone the extra visual effects from actually playing. Ideally it'd come to PC, but that's not very likely :( Let's see what they do with the DLC characters...

If its like naruto or dark souls running it at 60 just fast forward s the game

Shouta

Or "unfix" it for that matter...holy shit that patch ruined the game.

Uh, game was ruined before the patch. The basic version is pretty busted garbage. Anything is an improvement over it but it'll still be crap because the basic game systems are junk.

Malajax

What a boring trailer. For the people who know about the game, it didn't offer anything new, naturally, but Namco Bandai missed a great opportunity to introduce this series properly to the west. Joe Blow gamer definitely isn't going to know about the game, but there could have been more effort to raise awareness among the US anime viewing community that barely knows what JoJo's is about. As it is, this game will only sell to the people that have likely either already bought it, or were planning on importing before the announcement.

Perhaps it's what this game deserves, as it apparently isn't all that good.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Odd why were some of the voices muted? Makes me think the game will be dubbed...
You could barely hear them, but they pretty much said one thing for each character & that was it. I'd be surprised if they actually dubbed it, considering they never dubbed the One Piece games, & that has an actual dub/English cast to work with.

Can't wait for this, has there been any mention on whether this will be a physical release in NA? Surely Europe will get a disk release.
Not really, no. Just that we're getting the game. Bandai's EU site has it listed for "PS3", where as there's a separate group for PSN releases, so it sounds like a disc release. US site doesn't have any mention of the game yet, though considering Saint Seiya, another anime game, is on there (for Nov. 26th, interestingly), hopefully we'll get more news from the US division since it seems EU is the one giving us all this info at the moment.

Didn't know about the Stand Rush framerate issues. Thought it was locked at 30fps. My mistake.

Has his DLC even released yet?

EDIT: Oh nvm, new scans say he's out on the 14th of Nov.

Thass such a long time to wait :(
It's probably preposterous to assume Namdia would include all DLC on the US release..

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I would be amazed if all 9 DLC characters were included in the US/EU version for free. I just hope we don't have to download all of the different campaigns & such in order to get the additional costumes, taunts, and the other unlockable content.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I still can't believe they picked this to localize over something like Gundam EXVS. It's seriously the absolute worst fighting games I've played in YEARS. Even if they fixed the infinites and general balance issues (i haven't played it in months so i have no idea) it's still one of the slowest, sloppiest, most painfully lethargic things I can remember. That stuff about being a jojo game instead of a fighting game? FUCK that. Don't buy CC2's bullshit. There's only so many times you can watch a character's HHAs and hear ORA ORA ORA before it's just not interesting anymore. No matter how good it looks or how faithful to the manga style it is, it's just not fun, at all.

None of my friends, even the jojo loving ones, want to touch this game anymore. I don't want to dissuade stuff like this from being localized, but it's honestly complete rubbish.

FSLink

Banned
I still can't believe they picked this to localize over something like Gundam EXVS. It's seriously the absolute worst fighting games I've played in YEARS. Even if they fixed the infinites and general balance issues (i haven't played it in months so i have no idea) it's still one of the slowest, sloppiest, most painfully lethargic things I can remember. That stuff about being a jojo game instead of a fighting game? FUCK that. Don't buy CC2's bullshit. There's only so many times you can watch a character's HHAs and hear ORA ORA ORA before it's just not interesting anymore. No matter how good it looks or how faithful to the manga style it is, it's just not fun, at all.

None of my friends, even the jojo loving ones, want to touch this game anymore. I don't want to dissuade stuff like this from being localized, but it's honestly complete rubbish.

Got to agree. I was at least hoping it'd have a neat story/single player mode like the Naruto Storm games, but they dropped the fucking ball on that and introduced F2P-like shenanigans instead and left single player mode as a few text boxes instead of amazing cutscenes using the in-game engine. IMO it's not good as a fighting game OR even a casual Jojo's game.

I'm crazy about JoJo and fighting games, this should be amazing for me.... But I saw tons of streams when it came out and the game is terrible. I'm really disappointed.

Riposte

I'm crazy about JoJo and fighting games, this should be amazing for me.... But I saw tons of streams when it came out and the game is terrible. I'm really disappointed.

I really wish Cyber Connect actually tried to make good games. Would be a boon for Japanese gaming.

Card Boy

Banned
It will be disgusting if they charge for character DLC, especially since most of them where cut from the base game to be begin with. Who am i kidding this is Scamco I'm talking about.

Top Bottom