• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT PART 2| How many threads have you opened in your life?

caliph95

Chariot Requiem too. I thought Beach Boy, Metallica, and Green Day were fine though. I guess it's kind of bullshit that Metallica doesn't instantly kill everyone.

I can't remember the difference between the shrinking Narancia one and Goo Goo Dolls.

Little Feet can shrink the user, but Goo Goo Dolls cannot.
Goo Goo dolls is also a lot faster than feet

I guess the stand never heard if plastic money ;p
Lol
To be fair I'm sure the stand will account for that and would have the bank tell you it can't deposit and give you more money as a compensation

Plus everybody is in on it in sure no bank will accept it if they figure out what it is

Euphony

Banned
It's that time of the year again!

mVudCmv.jpg

Tizoc

Goo Goo dolls is also a lot faster than feet

Lol
To be fair I'm sure the stand will account for that and would have the bank tell you it can't deposit and give you more money as a compensation

Plus everybody is in on it in sure no bank will accept it if they figure out what it is

Yeah way I see it, Milagro Man grants its user a never ending supply of physical currency.

Infinite money sounds great until you have to physically store/carry every last dollar of it because it just won't stay anywhere else.

As I recall, that was a full arc in the Steel Ball Run series. Johnny and Gyro had to deal with a tree that kept giving them money and gems, but they had to spend it right away and couldn't give it away. These days, it would probably be a lot easier to get rid of, even with all of the mercenaries to hire.

caliph95

As I recall, that was a full arc in the Steel Ball Run series. Johnny and Gyro had to deal with a tree that kept giving them money and gems, but they had to spend it right away and couldn't give it away. These days, it would probably be a lot easier to get rid of, even with all of the mercenaries to hire.
It would be a lot easier today since you can just go to the internet and Spend everything

Finished part 6. It's weird. Probably too weird. I'll post some thoughts later.
MADE IN HEAVEN.
Guess: "I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU!!!" "Talk like a mouse for me."
Pucci's plan to end his sisters relationship.
Menacing ghost orange juice.
Fuck Anansui (I will probably never be able to spell his name consistently)
rainbow snail light beams.
CMoon
Limp Bizkit
"I summon meteors out of the atmosphere

MADE IN HEAVEN.
MADE IN HEAVEN.
Guess: "I WOVE YOU I WOVE YOU I WOVE YOU >w< " "Tawk wike a mouse fow me."
Pucci's pwan to end his sistews wewationship.
Menyacing ghost owange juice.
Fuck Anyansui (I wiww pwobabwy nyevew be abwe to speww his nyame consistentwy).

Annyansui gets shanked by a dewanged wooking mothew goat...

...Yeah, this Google Chrome extension I'm using is pretty greato

Yeah, this Google Chrome extension I'm using
MADE IN HEAVEN.
MADE IN HEAVEN.
Guess: "I WOVE YOU I WOVE YOU I WOVE YOU >w< " "Tawk wike a mouse fow me."
Pucci's pwan to end his sistews wewationship.
Menyacing ghost owange juice.
Fuck Anyansui (I wiww pwobabwy nyevew be abwe to speww his nyame consistentwy).
......is pretty...
(holy shit yo)
Annyansui gets shanked by a dewanged wooking mothew goat...

...greato.

Chase17

Jojo Part 6
Characters:
Characters are pretty good this part. I think overall the supporting cast is weaker than that of part 5, but Jolyne makes up for it. She's great in this part! Has a lot of good moments like her pulling off Roman's sticker anyways, or her seeing people in trouble during the gravity fight and saying that they will probably be ok. Also thought it was interesting that while she was framed, she was indeed complicit in covering up the hit and run. I think a big thing that she has going for her that the last couple Jojo's don't is her stand. Giorno and Josuke, while having interesting powers, are somewhat broken (ok, mostly Giorno). And Star Platinum is just punch guy until he gets time stopping. Araki finds a lot of interesting utilizations with string, and leads to some more interesting outcomes than Giorno was able to have (more later).

Moving onto the supporting cast it is more of a mixed bag. FF is probably the best supporting character but she gets removed from the story midway through. Hermes is alright, but I don't think her stand power was very interesting. She kind of faded out of relevance to me after the sports max fight despite being present for a lot of the series following the jail brake.

Weather Report is sort of interesting up to the frog event, but is pretty lame afterwards. Anasui (despite looking too much like Diavolo) is great, mostly because he is getting dunked on throughout the series. Emporio didn't make an impact. Guess was a fake out team member for me. Jotaro is alright. Kind of got an outfit downgrade though. Feels like he takes enough Ls this arc to get a proper distribution throughout all of his appearances in the series lol. I guess the whole crux of his role is to show that he cares for his daughter by saving her instead of the universe (or prioritizing anyways). Doesn't really work for me! Still a deadbeat father. It's equally likely he is just here for the shock value of him losing the whole arc and to use his power in the final showdown.

Villain
Pucci is pretty good. I like his prime numbers tick, and he has a pretty good presence throughout the series. Maybe rambles on about destiny too much for me. Has a lot of swagger though. I'd probably go Kira>Part 1 Dio>Pucci>Part 3 Dio>Kars>Diavolo for villain rankings. I liked the Dio flashbacks a lot. Dio really got around before part 3, didn't realize he was making trips to Florida. The Pucci/Weather backstory/payoff was poor. Him accidentally hiring the KKK and them almost killing him leading to his sister's death was something else though. Some Greek tragedy thrown in.

Fights
Fights in this part are a step down from part 5. That said they get a lot better towards the climax of the series. It's kind of the reverse of Part 5 where there I thought the first two thirds were great with fights before falling off, and here it gets a lot better with maybe the last 4 or 5 fights.

Favorite fight: Marilyn Manson (I'm always a sucker for the not really fight, fights. Plus the baseball ora ora).
Favorite solution to defeating (or warding off of) a stand: THE MOBIUS STRIP. Very cool. I wonder if this was a have a solution and work backwards thing. Honorable mention, Jolyne on fire against rods.
Most BS stand: Weather Report. I could live with raining exploding frogs, but turning people into snails through subliminal messaging rainbows was too much for me. Shout out also to Jail House Rock. Apparently you can't see a fourth person/bullet. So can you only see three items at once? Only three out of four walls in a room?

Plot
Dio fanatic uses his research and the bone dio presented him to uncover secret power that was dormant or something I guess that Dio had discovered. Uses said power to create heaven, which to him is just knowing your own destiny.

Jolyne wrapped into this and works to save her father.

The plot doesn't have much going for it (even relative to past past parts). But it at least commits to the whole jail idea more than part 5 committed to gangster stuff so that is a plus.

Ending
Everybody loses! But Pucci more so than others. Interesting that what FF said she didn't want after her death is pretty much what happens to everyone sans Emporio (who still has to live with the knowledge that it happens). I think it is an interesting idea for an ending, and I'm certainly not opposed to the good guys sort of losing, but I don't think the execution is great here. Mostly because things feel very rushed. Jotaro, Jolyne and co dying while sending off Emporio happens so fast it doesn't have much of an impact. Not even the that happened so fast impact because it isn't vey clear that they are killed lol. Once you get alternate universes thrown in it becomes kind of tough to understand too. The Emporio/Weather kill of Pucci was bad. You need to give me something more interesting than oxygen being poisonous (and weather being broken for the 80th time). Then you get maybe 10 pages of Emporio meeting everyone, characters show up in the clouds then boom your done. Araki isn't great at providing satisfactory endings, part 5 has like a five chapter epilogue, and still completely fails at giving Giorno and co any sort of compelling ending moments. I can see why you don't want to linger on things here, and it is an interesting idea for an ending, but it happens so fast/isn't confusing so it doesn't really work for me.

Some favorite lines/parts:
"Where is Micky"
"Anasui is just following around hoping to find Jolyne" (or something like that on a map update of the characters).
Dolphins football player out of nowhere
Jotaro's look after Anasui says he wants to marry Jolyne
Rohan still turning in those chapters.

Biggest missed opportunity for cross part character: Giorno at the meeting of Dio's sons. Though I guess you can't bring him in since he might have actually been able to beat Pucci.
Surprising Winner: Anasui for somehow achieving his goal of ending up with Jolyne.
MVP: The Dolphin

TLDR;
Overall, it's a solid part. Jolyne/Stone Free is/are excellent. Pucci is good. I'm pretty shaky on the ending. Just as the series starts to really hit its side and be great, its practically over. Enjoyed part 5 more.

Sorry for the long post. Might take a break from Jojo before jumping into 7.

Lol another one taking a Jojo break after Part 6. I just couldn't dive into more craziness after a dose of Made In Heaven and Gold Experience Requiem in quick succession. I did like Part 5 more than Part 6 for a good portion of my read into Part 6. Seems like Araki took a bit to figure out what he wanted to do with the story and get the stand fights down. Part 5 does have more fights and I do think the cast is more solid minus dumb ass Fuego. I didn't like Anansui, but whatever...now FF and Hermes are my squad. They bounced off of Jolyne very well. I didn't like Weather as well. He's a mute that turns into an asshole when he gets his memories back and his stand becomes even more fucking broken.

caliph95

Lol another one taking a Jojo break after Part 6. I just couldn't dive into more craziness after a dose of Made In Heaven and Gold Experience Requiem in quick succession. I did like Part 5 more than Part 6 for a good portion of my read into Part 6. Seems like Araki took a bit to figure out what he wanted to do with the story and get the stand fights down. Part 5 does have more fights and I do think the cast is more solid minus dumb ass Fuego. I didn't like Anansui, but whatever...now FF and Hermes are my squad. They bounced off of Jolyne very well. I didn't like Weather as well. He's a mute that turns into an asshole when he gets his memories back and his stand becomes even more fucking broken.
The fights were better in 5 as well because they didn't have the Disney stand and that spit stand

While I like FF I wasn't a huge fan of Feng shui dude

The fights with Jolyne and the actual crew minus the guys except Emporio are generally pretty solid though

The fights were better in 5 as well because they didn't have the Disney stand and that spit stand

While I like FF I wasn't a huge fan of Feng shui dude

The fights with Jolyne and the actual crew minus the guys except Emporio are generally pretty solid though
Yes Jolyne had some awesome fights. She had bordering on Joseph Joestar levels of on her feet thinking. Sports Max was also interesting but Hermes had the worst battle stand. In fact I think out of her crew Jolyne was the only one with a good stand, something the Gangstars couldn't complain about.

I completely forgot Araki's manga theory book was out until I saw it at a bookstore today (then bought it for $11 on Amazon because come on retail prices). Has anyone here read it?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I completely forgot Araki's manga theory book was out until I saw it at a bookstore today (then bought it for $11 on Amazon because come on retail prices). Has anyone here read it?

I skimmed it at the bookstore, was kind of disappointed it was so short when I thought it was going to be this really in-depth book with a lot of art and such.

Top Bottom