• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Tizoc

DO NOT POST PART 4 MANGA SPOILERS, NOT EVEN IN SPOILER TAGS!
BE MINDFUL OF YOUR FELLOW GAFFERS WHO PREFER TO FOLLOW THE SERIES VIA THE ANIME.
If you want to further discuss the events of the anime and the JoJo series in general, kindly do it in the JoJo OT-
https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517076

mNuc7Lp.jpg

Previously on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
7fXf9t6.jpg

Synopsis
Over a decade had passed since Kujo Jotaro defeated Dio Brando and ended the curse of the Joestars bloodline. It is now March 1999, Jotaro arrives at Morioh Town located within Japan’s Prefecture M, City S, looking for a young man with a peculiar pompadour.
Higashikata Josuke is a highschool freshman about to start the new school year, but little does Josuke know that he is is about to be entangled in a series of crazy escapades which will test his mettle and his wit, in this the 4th entry in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure.

While Part 3 was a world tour, Part 4 is more grounded and takes place mainly within the town of Morioh. In fact the town itself is modeled after the author's (Hirohiko Araki) hometown of Sendai.
Furthermore, Stands became so popular thanks to Part 3, that all later series start featuring them, with one neat twist: All Part 4 Stands and onward are named after bands or famous songs, among other things.

Where to watch
www.viz.com
http://www.crunchyroll.com/jojos-bizarre-adventure

The cast

Higashikata Josuke
Josuke lived most of his life in Morioh and is rather fond of his hometown, and his pompadour moreso. All prospects of going through a normal high school freshmen year go the way of the Zeppelli when he meets Jotaro.

Kujo Jotaro
Jotaro travels to Morioh in search of Josuke, but what would a late 20s, muscular, bold marine biologist want with a young man like Josuke?

Hirose Koichi
A 15 year old teenager who goes to the same school as Josuke. Much like Josuke, he just wanted to have a normal freshman year at school, but hanging around people whose nicknames are JoJo generally means normal goes out the window.

Nijimura Okuyasu
A highschool punk who eventually joins Josuke and co. in the many Bizarre Adventures that are to come. Contrary to the Currency notes on his school uniform, he doesn’t have a Yen to his name.

Previews
I suggest not watching these as they spoil the first 2-3 episodes, especially if you follow the series anime-only
http://youtu.be/IZd3H6qC1Gc
http://youtu.be/gagUdy3AY14
http://youtu.be/ofoOFCP6TTY

SERIOUSLY NO MANGA SPOILER DISCUSSION, BE MINDFUL OF YOUR FELLOW GAFFERS

munchie64

That artstyle is amazing.

I really wanna wait till it has a break so I can marathon, but I don't know if I can resist it that long!

Tizoc

That artstyle is amazing.

I really wanna wait till it has a break so I can marathon, but I don't know if I can resist it that long!

Rumor has it, and I strongly suggest taking this with a grain of salt, tat the show will be 39 episodes uninterrupted.

Those "previously" images are amazing btw

Because they're true!
Also happy Kenshiro.
In fact they all have Kenshiro~

Malo

Banned
About to re-watch parts 1-3 in anticipation of diamond is unbreakable. Can't wait for some more JoJo!

Tizoc

To tide our time til the Part 4 anime begins, let us have a moment of silence for the brave heroes that fell as they aided in the taking down of the NEFARIOUS DIU!
KtIeXNC.jpg

jett

D-Member
I will watch and enjoy this animated production.

I know nothing about Part 4 and beyond, and that's kinda nice.

Nottle

So many moments that I want to see well animated.

I'm so excited. I want to see where the first episode ends.

Nottle

To tide our time til the Part 4 anime begins, let us have a moment of silence for the brave heroes that fell as they aided in the taking down of the NEFARIOUS DIU!
KtIeXNC.jpg

Ok I've been seeing this image around. Whats up with Waldo? Does it have to do with Za Warudo?

Tizoc

I was going for the least spoilery possible with the OT so I only limited the primary cast revealed to the first 2-3 episodes @o@

I was going for the least spoilery possible with the OT so I only limited the primary cast revealed to the first 2-3 episodes @o@

I appreciate it. I've become a big fan of JoJo through these recent adaptions and I've decided not to go into the manga as I feel the anime really adds a lot to my enjoyment(not always the case with adaptations). I've avoided all spoilers for future editions and I'm glad for the thread policy supporting this!

D-Man

Best Part and Best JoJo finally get their time in the spotlight! I'm so ready for this to start airing. JoJo Fridays are finally back.

Rymuth

Before Persona 4...there was...Jojo Part 4.

I've yet to see a manga that fleshed out a sleepy countryside town like Diamond is Unbreakable.

Hello, Morio-cho

Jaxec

What a beautiful thread. Great job on creating this. Part IV is my favorite part so seeing it finally animated is a dream come true. I'm really looking forward to impressions from people who gonna experience it for the first time. Also remember to please be respectful about the hair.

Kthulhu

My Duwang is ready and willing. After the first PV came out I read all of parts 4-6 in anticipation.

Gonna show a few of my friends the 1st episode when it airs on Crunchyroll.

Top Bottom