• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Numb

The fab modelling outfits of Jojo characters are the last to be judged. Too wild and awesome.
Like they on a runaway with even better posing

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Guys, I found our perfect ED https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KcIWlB019pM

That's actually a perfect explanation for it. Goofy protagonist and back to more absurdist/surrealist humor (it quickly sheds the typical shonen "HAHA look at how STUPID Hol Horse is HAHAHAHA" shit that part 3 had). Like part 2 is to part 1, it also builds on part 3's ideas in a significant manner by having a more "crafty" protagonist and methodical villains(I think). Big differences are that it's probably the least asspulley Jojo at that time (asspulls made p2 amazing mind you), and in stark contrast with p2's straightforward and all meat no filler overarching plot, p4 literally has next to none until a certain event.imo That's made up for with the compact setting with reoccurring minor characters.

The best way to approach part 4 is to know that, unlike the other 3 parts, it's very "slice of life" without much of a central plot aside from a few threads that pick up later on. It's kind of "monster of the week", even more so than part 3, but I think it flows better because there's a lot of variety and it's fun to see the community of Morioh become so fleshed out.

It's the twin peaks/simpsons of Jojo.
Ahhh crap. I really liked the pacing in Parts 1 and 2. I really dislike monster of the week. I guess I'll see!

Hatty

I dont think I'm prepared for people to complain about "filler" while missing the point of the series

Jaxec

The fab modelling outfits of Jojo characters are the last to be judged. Too wild and awesome.
Like they on a runaway with even better posing

That's what I love about Araki's character designs. They all feel unique and all of them could pass off as main characters. Jotaro (part 3) and Josuke's clothes are bascially school uniforms, but they have more style than most other characters in manga and anime.

Fandangox

Me tomorrow

tumblr_o0wm43NInb1s2kojso1_400.png

im ready

I dont think I'm prepared for people to complain about "filler" while missing the point of the series

People got really mad at Part 3 for being an bizarre adventure series despite the series being called JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

There is no filler in JoJo, the meat of the series is in the individual encounters. A majority of the best encounters in the whole series are one-off characters who have no real bearing on the overall arc.

Numb

That's what I love about Araki's character designs. They all feel unique and all of them could pass off as main characters. Jotaro (part 3) and Josuke's clothes are bascially school uniforms, but they have more style than most other characters in manga and anime.

Fav character designs
No limits. Starts as fab Fist of the north star and they keep getting more skinny and crazy

Lunar15

Ahhh crap. I really liked the pacing in Parts 1 and 2. I really dislike monster of the week. I guess I'll see!

For what it's worth, I loved part 1 and 2 and found part 3 somewhat disappointing. Part 4 immediately became my favorite Jojo when I read it. I didn't expect to like the slice of life approach, but I ended up really liking Morioh and its denizens.

Now that I've read everything, I think part 7 is the best, but Part 4 is probably the second best in my book. Part 2 is third.

Jaxec

Fav character designs
No limits. Starts as fab Fist of the north star and they keep getting more skinny and crazy

Yep. Whole heartedly agree. And he keeps topping himself.

Do you guys think we will get the opening tomorrow, or will they wait for the second episode

Hopefully tomorrow. With a name like Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town I'm hoping it impresses.

I will say that it pleases me how David Pro continues to improve each season. They may not get everything 100% but this wouldn't be a cash-cow for them if they weren't doing things with the source material that you don't see very often.

I will say that it pleases me how David Pro continues to improve each season. They may not get everything 100% but this wouldn't be a cash-cow for them if they weren't doing things with the source material that you don't see very often.

The subtle changes in the art style the whole way have been perfect.

The subtle changes in the art style the whole way have been perfect.

It's definitely helped. Part 4's manga art-style took on a more rounded cartoon style but David smoothed it out a bit more for animation.

I've seen complaints about this and while I understand, sometimes Stardust Crusaders ran into an issue where all of the characters needed all of their facial details from the manga and it looked off.

It seems to have paid off animation wise, there are way more inbetweens in those previews.

Following up a classic like Roundabout, a fun song like Walk Like An Egyptian and a classy smooth song like Last Train Home with fucking All Star would be criminal.

PK Gaming

For what it's worth, I loved part 1 and 2 and found part 3 somewhat disappointing. Part 4 immediately became my favorite Jojo when I read it. I didn't expect to like the slice of life approach, but I ended up really liking Morioh and its denizens.

Now that I've read everything, I think part 7 is the best, but Part 4 is probably the second best in my book. Part 2 is third.

Damn, get out of my mind

Gaston

Really hoping for less filler and low-brow humor than Part 3. But give me good music and posing and I'll stick around anyway!

Can't wait for the greatness that is part 4 which is only 2nd to part 7 after waiting so long for it. Here's hoping we might see cameo from a certain character from part 6.

Top Bottom