• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Magwik

Banned
IgMyx.gif

Guys it's Anime BOSTON that's going on right now - an American JoJo anime event, not a Japanese one

Edit: Welp I guess I should have posted in the other thread

I'm fearing that we'll only get maybe five minutes of on-screen stands in the film.
The little glimpse of Aqua Necklace looks promising, but I can't say I'm optimistic.

The stands need to be a mix of practical effects and CGI. The perfect balance of the two could potentially lead to something special if done right.

Why a film of this and not pt2, that would look much better as a film.

The Japanese film industry is much better equipped to handle a story set entirely in a small Japanese town than they are one set in New York, Mexico, Italy, Switzerland, etc. during the 1930s. Also, Japan doesn't care about pre-Stardust Crusaders JoJo all that much.

Betty

Banned
Why a film of this and not pt2, that would look much better as a film.

Because PT 2 is set in lots of different locations and has a story some might find hard to be interested in.

DiU is all Japan and about creepy killers.

I'm also hopeful we'll get to see actual stands based on the pictures they released for the film a while ago. Whether they look good or not is another matter.

izcd0ul.jpg

StayDead

EDIT: I just looked at the film poster and saw it's only covering the first "part" of Part 4. Ok, that eases my worries a bit. Still doesn't look great.

cntr

Banned
The Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan stories just star Rohan involved in some standalone thing (e.g., there's one where he's sitting in a confession box listening to someone else tell a story), so Josuke, Koichi, and the others probably won't show up outside of cameos.

There's a chapter starring Tonio, though that probably won't be in the OVA.

cntr

Banned
You get it by buying all the BD volumes, so yeah you'll have to wait to get it officially.

...speaking of, Stardust Crusaders will probably get a dub premier on Toonami by next month. So if you want your Jojo fix, you'll have that to look forward to!

Top Bottom