• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack Review Thread

Xater

They won't. To do that, they would need mass firings and an infusion of outside talent and some risk taking. And while I like Sony's hardware direction, their Japanese game talent is poor. I still cannot believe they thought Demon's Souls was garbage.

It's already a bad sign. If I remember correctly this is the first big game since new guy from Sony Santa Monica took over Japan Studio.

QaaQer

ouch

no wonder cerny wasn't mentioning it in that ign interview and was all like 'well i spent 2/3 of my time on the hardware'.

Yeah, reading between the lines, he seemed to be saying: "this game is really embarrassing to me and I want to get back to actual game design they way I want to do it instead of this 'must be launch game playable by everyone' bullshit"

meppi

Saw this coming from miles away. So much for flaming me for saying it looked mediocre at best now.

Still sucks though. Would have loved to see a good platformer.

Im still gonna enjoy playing this game for what its worth, I never go in expecting previous games expectations. This game deserves at least one play thru before I trade it in!

But yeah, scores are pretty bad......

KScv896.jpg

lantus

I really don't like being a pessimist when it comes to this game because I think a lot of love went into it, but I think the writing was on the wall folks. Even after the initial reveal it just didn't look that good.

Fabrik

Banned
Called it. It smelled original Playstation platformer type game since the beginning. Happy the press recognize it as such and are not caught in next-gen hype. The game "looks" 20 years old.

Every time I was close to buying Knack, something in my head told me to stop and that I shouldn't do it.

Thanks, instincts! You have saved me again.

Cheech

Maybe it would be a 10 for your son? This game is being reviewed by adults, but it does look attractive and accessible for children.

No, the game probably sucks for all ages. Kid games review well all the time. Skylanders, for example.

MaDKaT

Seems about what I expected. Picked it up with the B2G1 sales and the GF and I will likely coop it and forget it.

amacross

Banned
I played it yesterday and had fun with it. It's a bare bones experience and nothing revolutionary but it was fun and that's all that matters to me. I'm still buying it at launch.

Gaz_RB

I think I said something along the lines of

"I swear to god Knack is going to be good and get good scores."

How wrong was I. Glad I didn't buy it.

noobasuar

Banned
Next time try making a platformer.

Also stop this whole "videogame for children shit." Kids are better at videogames than adults, stop treating them like morons.

drgambit

Banned
Knack was the game that convinced me to cancel my PS4 preorder... no surprise. I did not like the demo at PAX prime.

I am still going to purchase a PS4, just going to wait until there's some good games out there first.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Okay, so luckily I ordered from ebgames, and that have that game guarantee thing. I should be able to just return the game, get some store credit towards PSN cards and buy some indie games instead. Looks like they'll be floating the launch lineup.

Top Bottom