• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miiverse on 3DS coming in system update next month

SmokyDave

Hmmm. I had the NNID 'SmokyDave' on my Wii U. I deleted it when I sold it. I wonder if that means I can never have the name on my 3DS?

I'm going to guess that's exactly what it means. Bummer.

Berordn

Good, MiiVerse is a lot of fun. Does this mean all 3DS games get their own page now? Awesome.

Nice cross-platform promotion potential. Wonder if they'll add something akin to WaraWara Plaza down the line.

Hmmm. I had the NNID 'SmokyDave' on my Wii U. I deleted it when I sold it. I wonder if that means I can never have the name on my 3DS?

You can recover that account on your 3DS and it should work on both platforms, based on what they said in the direct. They haven't said how, though.

GulAtiCa

Finally! Looking forward to it. Be interesting to see the different games start to pop up on the Miiverse.

Be kinda cool if we somehow got WaraWara plaza too.

Berordn

Thanks! All I wanted to know. I guess it wouldn't be a big deal if Miiverse is an app since swapnote was too. At least this would allow people to send messages from 3DS to Wii U.

Miiverse is browser based so they'll probably just stick a new icon on the 3DS home screen that just pipes it through there.

You can recover that account on your 3DS and it should work on both platforms, based on what they said in the direct. They haven't said how, though.
But if/when he ever buys a Wii U again, he likely won't be able to link his 3DS to it if he uses the "SmokeyDave" moniker for his 3DS. Best to make up a new NNID for 3DS in case he ever decides to get a Wii U again.

When you deleted it on the Wii U, you might have come across two options. Delete Mii and NNID from console alone or from the console and Nintendo's servers. Which did you pick?

(I was given that option when I bought my used Wii U as the previous owners had not deleted their accounts).

SmokyDave

I dunno. I deleted it 'properly' because I was selling the console. It depends if they free the names up after deletion or if they disappear into some ether somewhere.

When you deleted it on the Wii U, you might have come across two options. Delete Mii and NNID from console alone or from the console and Nintendo's servers. Which did you pick?

(I was given that option when I bought my used Wii U as the previous owners had not deleted their accounts).
I can't remember how it was worded exactly, but I chose the option that totally removed any of my info from the console. I'm going to try logging onto the Miiverse from my browser.

Edit: I can login from my browser, so I reckon I'm all good.

Visit anytime

You can access Miiverse by hitting the Home key—without leaving your game. When you’re done posting, you can pick up your game right where you left off.

You can also write and save your posts in Offline Mode, then post them when you’re connected to the Internet.
http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/built-in-software/miiverse

iu7ihxiGpagSG.gif

Dougald

Finally. Miiverse is something I was pleasantly surprised by when I go the Wii U, and my first thoughts were "why the hell isn't this on 3DS"

Damaniel

Banned
Not a fully unified account (there's no cross buy capability, for example), but that's way, WAY better than what we have right now.

Ramenman

I fear I'm reading too much into this NNID thing. Does that mean that, finally, my purchases are tied to an online account ? And can be recovered in the case that my 3DS is broken/stolen/dead/lost/something ?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Hooray! I guessed it, but so did everybody

Elija2

t9FBqed.png

XoXBUba.png

I hope it isn't going to be as stupid as some of those Miiverse posts I've seen posted here at times.

Is that a legit screenshot? The Direct didn't show the HOME screen so it's impossible to tell if it's a standalone app or integrated into the OS.

jaz013

Banned
It will be all fun and giggles until some @55hole uses the Miiverse to lure a 12-years old into an hotel and do something sick...

I really hope it never happens :(.

Top Bottom