• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miiverse on 3DS coming in system update next month

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Actually Wii U still uses "friends codes" as a back-up system in the event Miiverse is blocked and turned off, such as by parental controls.

I could see the 3DS update retaining its friend/system code but within that context: it's a backup way to add friends, and the primary way is now via Miiverse.

Cody_D165

Banned
I do hope that we can add friends via NN ID after the update. Would be convenient.

Anyone know if there's a possibility of 3DS-to-Wii U messaging over Miiverse or vice versa?

Clefargle

Question:

Since they said the animal crossing plaza would be going away late 2014, does this foreshadow a Wii U animal crossing title around the same time next year?

SuperSah

Banned
YES!

Finally!

We can now screenshot all the games, and it looks like it's integrated with the browser!

Man, oh man, this is SO good. :D

SuperSah

Banned
I wonder if this means in-game screenshots on 3DS.

On the screenshots, some people had Luigi Mansion shots, unless you can do that in-game, screenshots are in.

I love how you don't even have to close the game to use it, props to Nintendo for getting that to work!

R0ckman

I'm curious. Why is GAF excited for this? Everyone I've seen on GAF that makes a comment about Miiverse is usually negative. Referencing the disturbing amount of stupidity on it.

Vibranium

Banned
Awww yeah! I can't wait to interact with people in other games, there better be a Rune Factory 4 board since I just started the game. Have to see who other people's waifus are :p

I'll also be using it for ALBW since I decided to pick the game up after going through the launch trailer.

I'm curious. Why is GAF excited for this? Everyone I've seen on GAF that makes a comment about Miiverse is usually negative. Referencing the disturbing amount of stupidity on it.

Not sure where you read that? The main quality of Miiverse is that you need a Wii U (soon a 3DS) to post, meaning it's close to being troll-free, and on top of that you can filter out comments from people who don't own the game.

Vibranium

Banned

Hmm? A of Nintendo fans here love Miiverse, just like any community though you'll get people who hate it for some reason and indifference (which is understandable). I'm super excited myself, it'll be fun to share stuff with others online, knowing that there will be proper moderation.

Neiteio

There have been many posts and threads about how great Miiverse is. It's full of amazing art, it's a way to share screenshots and accomplishments, it's a venue to ask questions and get answers quickly. But best of all, it creates a persistent sense of community, always in the background, and is positive in tone, although you can still politely air criticisms of games, Nintendo, etc, without fear of censorship. It's a great feature that makes the very act of playing the system feel alive and more involving, just knowing it's there.

SigSig

Super excited!
I don't own a Wii U (yet), but I really like the concept of Miiverse.
I'll still miss Letterbox, the whole look and feel was really cute.

rpmurphy

so we now have an instant messaging app now?

don't know how miiverse works
Miiverse is a Twitter clone, with the main differences being that there are also communities for games where you can post messages to (instead of being seen just by your followers), you can post hand-written messages, and you can post screenshots of software you're running in the background (for when you can go back to the home menu).

Elija2

I can't wait a whole month for this. Curse you, Nintendo.

So doesn't anyone know what happens to the FC system? Did they say anything about it?

I don't think they'll be getting rid of it since they're not forcing the NNID onto everyone. Hopefully everyone on your friends list is automatically transferred as a Miiverse friend (or however that works).

kitsuneyo

I've got a PAL Wii U, but I was planning to get a North American 3DS when I'm there at Christmas...

I've got no hope of using the same NNID on both, have I?

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
This will achieve to make 3DS awesome.

And it will create a 40 million members Nintendo online twitter like community, pretty crazy when you think about it.

Bumhat

I'm getting a 3DS XL next month so this is pretty good timing! I love the Miiverse so I'm interested to see how similar it is on the 3DS, and if there are any additional drawing features (a zoom would be nice given how much smaller the screen is).

One thing that'll be great is having a larger user-base as it's a bit of a shame that the older game communities are dying out. Zombi U, for example, was uber-popular at the start of the year but has sadly fizzled out a bit. Even popular games on the Virtual Console (like Super Metroid) don't get much attention at the moment, which sucks.

With that out of the way, it's time for a SHAMELESS REPOST OF MY OLD MIIVERSE PICTURES!

neogaf3.png

neogaf2.png

neogaf12.png

neogaf12.png

neogaf20.png

mii1.png

julynew1.png

julynew3.png

july1.png

pika.png

Nintendo ID: TomWright

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
This is gonna be so amazing. Miiverse on 3DS, finally it's coming. I could become addicted as hell to some communities. And so, 3DS becomes much, much more social than ever. :D

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Good to hear about this. I wonder whether Miiverse will get upgrades to have more color throughout like Swapnote did. In addition, will you be able to send messages between people in the same way as Swapnote?

MegalonJJ

Banned
This is good news. I used to mention this in every Nintendo survey.

I plan to swamp Miiverse and the Nintendo surveys with Cross-buy now. Who's with me?

Markster

They nuked SwapNote to save the children from pictures of penises...

How exactly is Miiverse not going to have exactly the same problems?

Clearly shutting down SwapNote was just to reduce operating cost.

Oregano

They nuked SwapNote to save the children from pictures of penises...

How exactly is Miiverse not going to have exactly the same problems?

Clearly shutting down SwapNote was just to reduce operating cost.

You can report people on Miiverse and they can be banned. That would be the major difference.

Top Bottom