• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed: Rivals | OT | In Theaters March 14

Interested in getting the game. Is the exclusive car from the ultimate cop pack any good?
Don't know if I should go for the limited edition.

That's the GT-R?

I used it a handful of times and it's completely unmemorable in comparison to some of the other cop cars you get access to.

With the rubber-band AI, there's no early advantage or anything either.

I wouldn't bother personally.

socialQ

Banned
didn't realise there was snow too. got up to the mountains and it was snowing. <3 this game.

had my 1st ps4 game crash.

banked 420k! :p

Lima

Stutter is gone now

(played with latest patch from Sunday on Xbox One)

Great. Now it is time to dive into this game and get Lvl 61 with both factions.

Nyx

Bought this for my PS4 last week, fun game but the graphics are pretty meh.

There's slowdown during every corner it seems, really annoying.

leng jai

Bought this for my PS4 last week, fun game but the graphics are pretty meh.

There's slowdown during every corner it seems, really annoying.

Graphics looks pretty great to me for a launch title. It does have some weird slowdown sometimes.

Nyx

Graphics looks pretty great to me for a launch title. It does have some weird slowdown sometimes.

I got BF4, Shadow Fall and NBA 2k14 as other games and Rivals is the least if I look purely at the graphics.

But don't get me wrong, Rivals IS fun to play and that's most important!

Vitor711

Patch is up for PS4! 122mb

A patch just came out today which fixes those framerate issues.

Yeah, it wasn't FPS dips but stuttering caused by the V-Sync. The actual game doesn't drop frames much.

Can anyone confirm that it's fixed the issue? Any other problems corrected? Cars spawning from the air mid-race being the main one that annoys me along with losing points due to host migration.

Weird my PS4 patch size is 134 mb ( maybe it's because i have a Eu version ? )

i'm going to try the game patched in a couple of minutes.
Brb

Does the patch fix crashing? I crashed last night with close to 500K (going for the trophy) along with various Golded HARD events. I lost everything. Annoyed isn't the word.

Yeah, it wasn't FPS dips but stuttering caused by the V-Sync. The actual game doesn't drop frames much.

Can anyone confirm that it's fixed the issue? Any other problems corrected? Cars spawning from the air mid-race being the main one that annoys me along with losing points due to host migration.

The stuttering should be gone. The game had an odd frame pacing bug where it played frames out of order.

Does the patch also come with the 2015 Mustang GT?

Yes. Patch notes specifically mention that on PS4.

Some impressions ( patch installed )

-Patch is 134mb for me
-2014 Mustang GT is included , nice car but underwhelming to the best ones in the game.
It does seems like it has better stats than the starting rank 1 cars

- Tried to go where I had those weird graphical glitches, saw none of them ( so far )
- The weird bug where you spawn in the opposite direction and crashes again seems to be gone ( but that requires a lot of crashes to be sure ) but a quick look make it like it's gone. Crashed 4 times in similar places & conditions so far.

They seem to have fixed some problems during host migration, however i didn't experience a host migration during my test (but it's in the in-game patch notes )

I do think that the spawning of cops car ( as a racer ) is still the same.

Rainy Dog

Some impressions ( patch installed )

-Patch is 134mb for me
-2014 Mustang GT is included , nice car but underwhelming to the best ones in the game.
It does seems like it has better stats than the starting rank 1 cars

- Tried to go where I had those weird graphical glitches, saw none of them ( so far )
- The weird bug where you spawn in the opposite direction and crashes again seems to be gone ( but that requires a lot of crashes to be sure ) but a quick look make it like it's gone. Crashed 4 times in similar places & conditions so far.

They seem to have fixed some problems during host migration, however i didn't experience a host migration during my test (but it's in the in-game patch notes )

I do think that the spawning of cops car ( as a racer ) is still the same.

Thanks for the impressions. All sounds good.

Thanks for the impressions. All sounds good.
No problem

Does the patch fix crashing? I crashed last night with close to 500K (going for the trophy) along with various Golded HARD events. I lost everything. Annoyed isn't the word.

If you're talking about game crashing ( and you get kicked to the PS4 menu )i also experienced that once ( yesterday before the patch ) ... there is no mention of that in the notes , but they do mention game stability. ( take that how you want i guess ? )

i had no stuttering before patch, but i have post patch.... PS4 ver.

Can you explain what you're seeing exactly? The stuttering existed prior to this patch for everyone. Some people just don't notice it as easily.

Prior to this patch I was noticing the framerate stutter probably every 20 seconds. I only got to play for a few minutes before leaving for work this morning, but after the patch I didn't notice a single stutter.

ACH1LL3US

Can you explain what you're seeing exactly? The stuttering existed prior to this patch for everyone. Some people just don't notice it as easily.

Prior to this patch I was noticing the framerate stutter probably every 20 seconds. I only got to play for a few minutes before leaving for work this morning, but after the patch I didn't notice a single stutter.

Ah nice! So nice and smooth now?

Lima

Yup it is completely fine now. Don't know what that guy is talking about. Makes the game much more enjoyable now and from what I can see (played for like 3 hours today) they also fixed the issue with the green and purple flashes in the mountains.

nampad

That's the GT-R?

I used it a handful of times and it's completely unmemorable in comparison to some of the other cop cars you get access to.

With the rubber-band AI, there's no early advantage or anything either.

I wouldn't bother personally.

Thank you, just bought the normal version.

OSHAN

Figures the patch comes out when I'm without internet till January. Guess I'll keep this one on the shelf a little longer.

How much sp do yall pile up before you make a safehouse run? I've been a sissy and usually only get up to like 100,000 and then get back. I have a 250,000 challenge right now though

Now after more time playing i can safely say that the bug double crash bug ( one car crash make you crash twice ) is no more ...

the police car pop-up ( another wierd behavior ) is still there and it seems like it applies now to every car.

My professionnal collector trophy finaly unlocked itself , even when i'd bought 10+ cars already

The mountain pass graphical glitches are now gone.

Now after more time playing i can safely say that the bug double crash bug ( one car crash make you crash twice ) is no more ...

the police car pop-up ( another wierd behavior ) is still there and it seems like it applies now to every car.

My professionnal collector trophy finaly unlocked itself , even when i'd bought 10+ cars already

The mountain pass graphical glitches are now gone.

I was going to ask about that. The cop pop up is annoying. There will be no cop in sight and then persuit resumed and then a second later escaping. It always happens right as I'm about to get away. Any tricks to get around it or escape better?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Ok so I love this game, the driving physics are a blast, the online is a ton of fun, the visuals are great, but why is rubberbanding still a thing in modern gaming? At least to this extent. Damn the hot pursuits as a racer are difficult, it doesn't matter how good you do, I've killed it on times, but they still find some magic way to just pull ahead at the very end. not to mention the double crash glitch, random cops spawning, etc.

Also anybody else experience the bug, where you'll be driving, then all of a sudden you come to a complete stop for a second, then pick right up where you leflt off?

editedit- I did the cop career first... they should have implemented something in the raceer faction where you could do a quick restart without having to lose the cops... maybe sacrifice your multiplier or sp.

system11

I am sensitive to frame rates.

The vast majority of stuttering is gone in the 01.02 PS4 patch, a few dropped frames here and there remain, but nothing really to complain about. It was absolutely terrible before.

I just picked it up and so far i like it much more than hot pursuit. Which isnt saying much i guess..because i absolutely detested hot pursuit. *edit* I should clarify that i do like this game. I like the weight to the vehicles and the locale is very pretty.

I was going to ask about that. The cop pop up is annoying. There will be no cop in sight and then persuit resumed and then a second later escaping. It always happens right as I'm about to get away. Any tricks to get around it or escape better?

I was having the same problem until i realised that you don't need to have escaped to bank your SP at a hideout

I was having the same problem until i realised that you don't need to have escaped to bank your SP at a hideout

Yeah I realized that already, which I'm really glad they did. It's just I like doing races in order to get my score really high, especially with a high multiplier but you can't start one if you are in pursuit. You can do head to heads but unless I'm mistaken you don't get as much

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Seriously... what am I doing wrong on the easy hot pursuits as a racer... I'm getting smoked half the time. I'm crushing the time trials, but I cannot keep up with the racers no matter how good my time.

Kemal86

Yeah I realized that already, which I'm really glad they did. It's just I like doing races in order to get my score really high, especially with a high multiplier but you can't start one if you are in pursuit. You can do head to heads but unless I'm mistaken you don't get as much

I'm really sure you can start events while in a pursuit - you just can't set waypoints to them in EasyDrive. Might be wrong but I'm pretty positive you can. The cops can still smash into you during the events opening cinematic which sucks.

Anyway, I haven't noticed any of the purple/neon loading textures after the patch, but I only played about 30 minutes.

How much sp do yall pile up before you make a safehouse run? I've been a sissy and usually only get up to like 100,000 and then get back. I have a 250,000 challenge right now though

I was really bad with just "forgetting" to make safe house runs.. So I'd be driving around, find a new event, do it, find a new event, do it etc.. Then I'd get taken out and glance up to see 275k lost or whatever haha..

Tried to drop off around the 200k when I thought of it though. Dat multiplier risk/reward debate.

I'm really sure you can start events while in a pursuit - you just can't set waypoints to them in EasyDrive. Might be wrong but I'm pretty positive you can. The cops can still smash into you during the events opening cinematic which sucks.

Anyway, I haven't noticed any of the purple/neon loading textures after the patch, but I only played about 30 minutes.

I'll try it when I get home. I thought I tried one time and it said escape cops to start or something. Could be I was too caught up in craziness and wasn't paying attention.

Has anybody gotten the platinum for it yet?

I was really bad with just "forgetting" to make safe house runs.. So I'd be driving around, find a new event, do it, find a new event, do it etc.. Then I'd get taken out and glance up to see 275k lost or whatever haha..

Tried to drop off around the 200k when I thought of it though. Dat multiplier risk/reward debate.

I kept wanting to get money to buy performance upgrades and I was afraid to lose SP so I kept banking a lot. The highest I've had is like 175,000. I think I'm going to start being a little more lax with going back to safehouses. I like the pressure of having a high bank and heat level and trying not to lose all the work I put in

Atolm

I managed to get the 500k trophy easily in the mission with the Cop Koenisegg Agera. It's overpowered as fuck for racers.

Top Bottom