• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital game prices on PS4 (UK) are worse than I ever imagined.

Kyoufu

For example: FIFA 14 is £62.99

Knack is £52.99

oh

my

god

edit:

sASNE7q.png

Mumups

How can anyone expect us to go digital with prices like this? That makes eShop, PSN and Xbox hideously overpriced

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
At least you can trade them in because only a idiot would buy a game that expensive and be stuck with it.

Bradf50

Hopefully Amazon UK start to sell PS games (digital) here like the US. And I HOPE they be competitive on pricing.

Nevasleep

GAME are selling PS4 games for £59.99 so it's not too bad in comparison. Dat next gen price gouging
But most people don't buy games from GAME?
Asda are far cheaper, even giving £5 off per game with pre-orders. (Won't get deals like that with DD, or get any coupons/store discounts etc)

Zomba13

In an ideal world digital copies would be cheaper due to no manufacturing costs and shipping (yeah, there is still server stuff but there is also no case, no disc, no shipping to stores). Sadly though the big three like to just have games on their digital store often times be more expensive than you can get in store and especially online.

I'd be far more interested in digital if I was actually getting a deal for giving up some ownership rights. But nope, these publishers want it all.

ill never go digital

but for those who want to

its should be 10% cheaper

I guess there reason for not lowering the price is getting the game at 00:00 is convenience

I'm pretty surprised their first party offerings are priced so high, I figured The Last of Us pricing signalled the beginning of Sony embracing more sensible pricing for their digital games.

Atomski

Honestly I feel like digital will only ever work on PC. You need to be able to buy games from multiple storefronts online so that there is competition. With Steam you can buy game keys from tons of sites. Id say only about 1/3 of my Steam purchases actually come from steam. The rest are on GMG, Amazon, Humble Bundle and directly from developers sites. I never ever pay 60 dollars anymore thanks to this..

So yeah.. digital is fine. Just not on a corporate run closed platforms.

Omega

Banned
I don't know much about the conversions, so Knack doesn't seem that bad.

but LOL at Fifa. what a ripoff.

Publishers can go fuck themselves with these prices. I would happily go more digital, but they make it so damn unappealing. Even for PS3 games, I'd check the US store frequently and they'd pay $60 or less for almost every release, while here in the UK we hardly ever had parity with retail prices, with most publishers charging £50 or £58 for games on PSN. Sony was actually one of the few to charge reasonable prices for digital games, so it's a shame to see them taking the piss in this instance with Knack.

fade_

Amazon actually has a playstation digital store front now. Hopefully that helps you guys. RIght now in the US the prices are exactly the same as physical.

Bumhead

Banned
GAME are selling PS4 games for £59.99 so it's not too bad in comparison. Dat next gen price gouging

These will come down though. Retailers always gouge at launch. We will start seeing £40 (or £17 within 2 weeks..) soon enough.

I wouldn't bet against FIFA 15 still being £62.99 in a years time on PSN.

Mastamind

ill never go digital

but for those who want to

its should be 10% cheaper

I guess there reason for not lowering the price is getting the game at 00:00 is convenience

That doesnt work in the US, at least not east coast. Digital games dont release at midnight here, they release at 3am which is worthless if you wanted to play some that night.

jiggles

Banned
It's pretty disgusting price gouging. Sony's stuff usually gets slashed significantly within a few months, but EA rarely reduce PSN stuff, so that price is there to stay.

People need to stop fucking buying, though. I see ratings for these ridiculous prices all the time.

Top Bottom