• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Places You're NEVER Going to Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0523

Ever have a bad experience at a store or restaurant that made you vow to never go there again?

I went to the Big Lots store near my work, trying to buy bookshelves for our office, and found the ones that I wanted. So I go up to an employee nearby to ask if she could bring one from the back since there weren't any available, and she just kept walking past me, as if she didn't hear me. I was quite audible too. She just completely ignored me. So I just straight up left.

Then I went to the grocery store near Big Lots (called Giant Eagle) and it was probably the worst experience I've ever had there. The store was trashed but it almost always looks that way. So I get what I wanted and go stand in the checkout lines. In front of me was an old Asian woman who barely spoke English trying to pay for over $600 worth of gift cards with a check. As a cashier, shouldn't you know that doing something like that isn't possible in any store? But this cashier kept trying to make the check go through multiple times even though it kept getting rejected.

So, I decide to go to the self-checkout line instead. Once it was my turn, I set my basket down on the platform where you put your stuff before you scan it, and I was stopped by an employee. She said that I'm not supposed to put my basket on there and she grabbed my basket and plopped it down on the floor. I was so angry that an employee scolded me for something so insignificant that I just left without buying anything.

And now I never want to go back to either Big Lots or Giant Eagle ever again. How can employees like that be so rude to customers like that? It only takes one bad experience.

Pyrokai

I shop at Giant Eagle. I put my basket on the self check-out shelf all the time.

But I'm not a fan of Giant Eagle. But they pretty much have a monopoly in the southern side of Pittsburgh. Drives me crazy. They're not cheap, either.

bjork

Phoenix.

Unless Tom Waits tours and that's the only place he's appearing that I can reasonably get to, then I'd make an exception. Otherwise, fuck that shit.

Valhelm

contribute something
Anybody in the South Florida area probably knows to stay the fuck away from Brandsmart USA.

brandsmartusa.jpg

It's a plane of Hell operating under the guise of a discount warehouse store like Walmart, but once you enter you might never be able to escape.

DAMN I could hit up the Golden Corral right now.

Last time I went there it was unlimited wing night and I didn't even know it.
Filled up my plate with slop and then they put them wings out there? Shit
I was like "Am I about to have to get another plate just for wings?" then I was like "yea that's happening" and it happened.

Social

Sao Paulo, never ever going back there again unless I have a connection for my journey.

I spent 4 days there on a 'holiday' and everything about it sucked.

It's dirty, noisy, smelly and boring as fuck.

Yawnier

Banned
Florida, I went to all the big theme parks I wanted to go to when I went there 3 years ago but I have no desire to go back there.

G0523

Olive Garden
What was your bad experience there?

Last time I went to Olive Garden (which was a couple of years ago), the food was good, the service was fine, but I couldn't fall asleep that night. Turns out I had food poisoning. I got up to go to the bathroom and when I was done, the toilet bowl was black. Plus I was puking up the food as well. Like to the point where I was dry heaving. I have never dry heaved in my life until that night. You know it's bad when it comes out of both ends. Never going to Olive Garden again.

yukonrye

I'm never eating at Firehouse Subs. Went there once. The guy asked me if I wanted my sandwich "fully involved", then acted like I was an idiot for not knowing what the fuck he was talking about. Fuck them, I'm not joining in on their stupid sandwich larping fantasy.

Ephemeris

DAMN I could hit up the Golden Corral right now.

Last time I went there it was unlimited wing night and I didn't even know it.
Filled up my plate with slop and then they put them wings out there? Shit
I was like "Am I about to have to get another plate just for wings?" then I was like "yea that's happening" and it happened.

I went last night and it was glorious.

Anybody in the South Florida area probably knows to stay the fuck away from Brandsmart USA.

brandsmartusa.jpg

It's a plane of Hell operating under the guise of a discount warehouse store like Walmart, but once you enter you might never be able to escape.

Buying an off-brand blender for under $15 should buy you enough time to escape.
Seriously, we have a couple of these in the Atlanta area, and it's two mezzanines of pure horror.

Arksy

Anywhere in Florida or Pennsylvania.

I traveled to at least 30 States and those two were the worst by a wide margin.

Applebees. I read online they pretty microwave their food. My family decided to go eat there, and it was terrible. I told them what I read, and only after we left did they believe me.

Fury Sense

GetGo tho?

My boycott is on Chase Bank

Among multiple upsetting experiences is one that stands out. I decided to go in to the branch to deposit some checks. I had some questions about my account too, so I first sat with a rep at one of those side tables and discussed it. Then he brings up a recent change to their policy about overdraft fees and tells me to sign a piece of paper. First off, wtf, when were you going to tell me? Secondly, I haven't even read the paper, so hold your freakin' horses. I start skimming through it and he tells me I can read through the rest of it online later if I want. He says I can agree to the terms online later as well, but since I'm in the office, he wants me to do it now. Well you know what smooth talker, I really just wanted my question answered and to deposit my checks, so let's take care of that and I'll do this online later. I've got shit to do.

He stands up and implores me to sign it. He says stuff like "come on just sign it" and continues to ignore my requests to deposit my checks. His manager comes over and starts reinforcing him. Bitch, he already told me I can do it online whenever I want, get out of my face with this bullshit. Now I'm feeling pretty uncomfortable because these two people in suits are basically refusing to serve me and pressuring me to sign this document I haven't fully read or compared to the way things were before.

I ended up signing it then and there, but I felt abused. Ended up closing my account with them soon after.

sonicfan

Venerable Member
McDonalds, for anything other than a biscuit or coffee for breakfast. I have made the vow before, and somehow end up going back in an fit of stupidity, and always regret not sticking to my plan....

EdreyV

Neo Member

By far one of the worst place to be taken to as a child, I would completely hate this place if it weren't for the fact that i got a 43 inch plasma for pretty cheap

Ever have a bad experience at a store or restaurant that made you vow to never go there again?

I went to the Big Lots store near my work, trying to buy bookshelves for our office, and found the ones that I wanted. So I go up to an employee nearby to ask if she could bring one from the back since there weren't any available, and she just kept walking past me, as if she didn't hear me. I was quite audible too. She just completely ignored me. So I just straight up left.

Then I went to the grocery store near Big Lots (called Giant Eagle) and it was probably the worst experience I've ever had there. The store was trashed but it almost always looks that way. So I get what I wanted and go stand in the checkout lines. In front of me was an old Asian woman who barely spoke English trying to pay for over $600 worth of gift cards with a check. As a cashier, shouldn't you know that doing something like that isn't possible in any store? But this cashier kept trying to make the check go through multiple times even though it kept getting rejected.

So, I decide to go to the self-checkout line instead. Once it was my turn, I set my basket down on the platform where you put your stuff before you scan it, and I was stopped by an employee. She said that I'm not supposed to put my basket on there and she grabbed my basket and plopped it down on the floor. I was so angry that an employee scolded me for something so insignificant that I just left without buying anything.

And now I never want to go back to either Big Lots or Giant Eagle ever again. How can employees like that be so rude to customers like that? It only takes one bad experience.

So where in Cleveland do you live?

Edit: As for me, I will never step into another Denny's after the last (and regrettable) visit in a desperate moment of hunger. Everybody that ate with me felt a bit sick afterwards. This includes our own gaffer NaughtyCalibur. Never again.

G0523

GetGo tho?

My boycott is on Chase Bank

Among multiple upsetting experiences is one that stands out. I decided to go in to the branch to deposit some checks. I had some questions about my account too, so I first sat with a rep at one of those side tables and discussed it. Then he brings up a recent change to their policy about overdraft fees and tells me to sign a piece of paper. First off, wtf, when were you going to tell me? Secondly, I haven't even read the paper, so hold your freakin' horses. I start skimming through it and he tells me I can read through the rest of it online later if I want. He says I can agree to the terms online later as well, but since I'm in the office, he wants me to do it now. Well you know what smooth talker, I really just wanted my question answered and to deposit my checks, so let's take care of that and I'll do this online later. I've got shit to do.

He stands up and implores me to sign it. He says stuff like "come on just sign it" and continues to ignore my requests to deposit my checks. His manager comes over and starts reinforcing him. Bitch, he already told me I can do it online whenever I want, get out of my face with this bullshit. Now I'm feeling pretty uncomfortable because these two people in suits are basically refusing to serve me and pressuring me to sign this document I haven't fully read or compared to the way things were before.

I ended up signing it then and there, but I felt abused. Ended up closing my account with them soon after.

What the hell?! That is awful and absurd. What kind of a bank does that? It's like they don't want your money. What bullies! Good thing you're not associated with them anymore.

O_O How did you know?

...Oh right, it's in my profile. Lol.

I live in Mayfield. But the Big Lots and Giant Eagle I went to were in Beachwood, on Chagrin Blvd..

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
No disresptect to people who live there, but i would never go back to Australia and Brazil , I hate everything about those places

Why;
-Brazil : I hate happy people, I got so sick I almost die there, and I hate how people is there all happy and stuff

- Australia: at least the people I waswith was too egocentric,shallow and was the most boring people alive. no parties no girls just talk about their diets, abs and drink coffee

What the hell?! That is awful and absurd. What kind of a bank does that? It's like they don't want your money. What bullies! Good thing you're not associated with them anymore.

O_O How did you know?

...Oh right, it's in my profile. Lol.

I live in Mayfield. But the Big Lots and Giant Eagle I went to were in Beachwood, on Chagrin Blvd..

I didn't look. You said Giant Eagle and I believe that's a Cleveland area only grocery store. :)

Cool. I used to stay in Mayfield Heights. Now in Willoughby.

Cleveland GAF Represent!

Cleveland sucks

G0523

I didn't look. You said Giant Eagle and I believe that's a Cleveland area only grocery store. :)

Cool. I used to stay in Mayfield Heights. Now in Willoughby.

Cleveland GAF Represent!

Cleveland sucks

Oh, I thought Giant Eagle is a northeastern-US store. Someone even mentioned that there's one in Pittsburgh.

Laos.
Spent a week there and everyone just wanted to sell me drugs. From the manger of the hotel I was staying at knocking on my door in the middle of the night asking if I wanted some, every single taxi driver offering and even the waiting staff at restaurants.
I've never been so uncomfortable.

brandsmartusa.jpg

Why is it worse than Walmart? This almost look like an advertisement.

I'm never eating at Firehouse Subs. Went there once. The guy asked me if I wanted my sandwich "fully involved", then acted like I was an idiot for not knowing what the fuck he was talking about. Fuck them, I'm not joining in on their stupid sandwich larping fantasy.

I just had firehouse a couple of minutes ago. So good.

DedValve

Banned
Australia. The only thing you have to worry about in the US is people, in Australia even the plants are trying to eat you.

Edit: As for me, I will never step into another Denny's after the last (and regrettable) visit in a desperate moment of hunger. Everybody that ate with me felt a bit sick afterwards. This includes our own gaffer NaughtyCalibur. Never again.

To be fair I ordered talapia... at fucking Denny's. But yeah even the rice was shitty. I'm conviced they only have decent mozzarella sticks.

2/10, would not eat again.

P.S., NE Ohio GAF needs a meetup. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom