• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Places You're NEVER Going to Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allentown, PA. Thought we'd stop here for a night on a holiday trip home. Thought wrong. What a fucking shit hole. It could best be described as a shitty dirty Walmart, but a city.

Allentown in the middle of the state, or Allentown in Pittsburgh? Both are awful, but the one in the city is significantly worse.

I sympathize OP, Giant Eagle and Big Lots are both rough places to be in, with the exception of a couple Market Districts. All Big Lots are trash around the board.

There are few places I'll almost refuse to shop or go to, but a few would be:

K.Mart
Applebees
TGIF
Mad Mex
Olive Garden

As far as locations, Pittsburgh in general is one of the worst places in the country, and I'm being objective. Never pay any weight to "Best Places to Live" lists; they're ridiculous. This is coming from someone who's lived in 7 different major cities and states along the east coast all the way to Florida. I was forced to move back for work, however within the next year and half I should be out again, and this time for good.

hwalker84

My wife's home country

646px-Location_Togo_AU_Africa.svg.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Togo

I'm sorry but it's the crappiest place or trip I've ever had.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
The Rio Piedras market in San Juan, Puerto Rico. I've never been so scared in my life.

Beaulieu

No disresptect to people who live there, but i would never go back to Australia and Brazil , I hate everything about those places

Why;
-Brazil : I hate happy people, I got so sick I almost die there, and I hate how people is there all happy and stuff

- Australia: at least the people I waswith was too egocentric,shallow and was the most boring people alive. no parties no girls just talk about their diets, abs and drink coffee

hahahha that post is gold.
LOVED Brazil.

Beaulieu

Brussels. What a shithole.

Weird, I really liked the city, but I am a fan of good beer so maybe that's why. I found lots of nice places where the staff was very knoweledgable abour their beers, 60+ beers on tap, etc.

I agree with the people of Paris being horrible tho', I'll never go there again unless it's for a girl.

So India, why shouldn't I go?

No reason, India is fuckin awesome. GO. So much to see.

Pretentious vegetarian bistros/coffee shops. Basically, anywhere that I'm asked if I wanted a soy wheat or gluten free rice tortilla for a wet burrito with just beans and rice in it.

New Orleans - I've been there before (pre-Katrina) and there's nothing there that would make me want to go back. It was dirty, smelly, and unpleasant.

Washington DC - I've been there before and it was super crowded and hot and humid as hell. It was probably just a bad time to go (Summer), but I wanted to go to the Smithsonian for years and this was an opportunity. I was fairly disappointed in the end, though. Also, the signage around DC (highway, street, and public transportation) is terrible for the nation's capital.

ZMangz

Neo Member
itz: a shitty dave and busters. i worked there for two days, i quit because i couldn't stand the rude customers, unhelpful and totally mean coworkers, and the job i was doing (busing). i was so fed up with everything about that place that i left and never looked back

any small town in new mexico (farmington, gallup, roswell, etc): the people who live in these small towns are generally rude and selective on who they talk to, and in general there is nothing to do in those small towns besides drugs (which aren't as hard to score). bewilderingly enough, a lot of metal bands love to go through farmington (like lamb of god/in flames last year; periphery and aramanthe this year).

Let's see, places:
-Central America in general, with the exception being Costa Rica. Maybe.
-TJ

Businesses:
-Lee's Sandwiches. Not sure if they're a local thing (SoCal) or what, but I've been there twice and they have the worst customer service ever. The sandwiches I had were not worth putting up with their shitty employees.

-Jersey Mike's(sp). Nothing against that place other than I just don't like their subs.

-Smart & Final. I've been to a S&F about three times in my life (two different locations). Terrible customer service every damn time. It's almost like they're being forced to work there.

RetroMG

My wife and I went to Denny's a few nights back, because it's right by our house and neither of us have been in years. We walked in and were promptly ignored for ten minutes by every employee in the restaurant. it wasn't busy, there were maybe one or two tables with people at them. One employee looked up at us, and then promptly went back to sorting her silverware. No, "Someone will be right with you," or "Just a second." Nothing.
Just as we were walking out, someone came up and asked if we were next. I said we were, but we were going somewhere that had decent service.

Dollar Tree

Went in for some party supplies to be met by the most depressing feeling I've ever felt inside of a store. Garbage everywhere, not a smile to be found, and dim broken lights.

Just awful.

Carlisle

Paris is cool for the history and world famous sites and monuments. But there's not much else there to speak positively about. My wife and I spent a weekend there as part of our honeymoon (with Barcelona being the true destination), and we rushed through and saw all the big things we could, which was great. But in between, there were a lot of rude people--especially if you didn't speak French and especially-especially if you spoke it badly. Pickpockets and scammers everywhere, and it smelled like piss. I wouldn't say I'd never go back there, but I've certainly been disenchanted. I'd love to see other parts of France though.

I'd love to say I'll never go back to Las Vegas, but my in-laws live there. So my final answer is Los Angeles. For no particular incident. It just did nothing but aggravate me while I was there.

J-Roderton

Applebees. Fuck that place. I can never seem to get into one that has a decent dish, warm wings, beer that doesn't taste like the keg as been sitting out in the sun for fifteen years, or remotely competent employees. Terrible establishment.

Geologically, I will never go back to Alabama or New York City. What an overrated experience that city was.

Cuba,
went there twice, tired of it as a Sun destination. I discovered there are superior sun destinations for Canadian tourists and better food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom