• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie on Destiny PC: "We're not saying we're not going to do it."

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm still going to go with it's presumably coming as a late port.

This is from the same video as the 500 person revelation.

Game Informer said:
Game Informer: Is there a PC version? Did you...

Bungie: We have not announced that. And by not announced I mean we're not even hinting we're doing a PC version. I'm going to be clear there because I will get in trouble.

Game Informer: But by not hinting, are you hinting?

Bungie: Hahaha. We're not saying we're not going to do it. Wait... *smiles and laughs*
Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...he-big-decisions-of-destinys-development.aspx

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I wish they would give a definitive answer. This is game is one of the big reasons why I would buy a console

It's generally not a good idea to announce a version that isn't available at launch if you want to sell lots of copies at launch and potentially get double dippers.

Fuck off with this stupid shit.

Everyone with half a brain knows you're making a PC port, and everyone with the aforementioned brain matter knows you can't say shit because you assholes decided to partner up with the cancer of the industry to publish the title.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
49ded2238ba4eaaca94bf22f509c13db3e7699d8a1934664cd942a491650b05f.jpg

Woorloog

Banned
Stupid console agreements.

Perhaps the simple fact Bungie's spread across four versions at the moment... adding a PC version to it is no simple task.
And Mac, since Bungie would probably do that too given their background. Well, might do anyway.

Nokterian

And the teasing goes on. Just let it go bungie if your not making it just say it. Going through hoops every single time is getting tired now.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Putting my ear to the traintracks. Hopefully I don't get run over by an ambulance while I'm waiting.

Zomba13

I really wish devs would be straight up about this shit.

I'd much rather play all these games on the PC but if they aren't going there then I'll get them on the PS4 or something. If they act all coy about it and 'never say never ;)' then I either wait and get nothing, just holding out hope or I buy on the platform and then get a late port announced a few months after release.

Just say yes there will be one x months after consoles or say no. No plans at all right now. None of this 'we aren't going to say no. But we aren't going to say yes ;)'. I know they want you to buy it on the console and then again on the PC but it sucks. Main reason I'm ok with MGR doing this is because it comes with all the DLC and it was dirt cheap and it was one of my favourite games of 2013. If they do release a PC version of Destiny it'll be full price and seeing as it's Activision publishing will probably be like CoD and rarely get anything knocked off the price in sales.

Burgerface

Neo Member
I wish they would give a definitive answer. This is game is one of the big reasons why I would buy a console

This is one of the reasons they aren't announcing it now, people will hold off for the PC version. I was one of those people who bought a 360 mainly for Mass Effect, then later they announce it for PC.

Madness

Stupid console agreements. I bet they made a deal with Sony/Microsoft to not make a PC version.

They have exclusivity with Sony that Activision signed. Remember, Activision is publishing Destiny, they're not really big on PC as it is, they like consoles, DLC etc. Also, Destiny is always online as well. Something that would piss off PC gamers.

And the teasing goes on. Just let it go bungie if your not making it just say it. Going through hoops every single time is getting tired now.

They were asked the question, it was answered as best it could be for some one in that position. They were not going to suddenly announce a PC version in an interview.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
ugh

this secretive nonsense is one of the worst things about the game industry.

"yes we are."

"no we aren't."

it's not hard.

Des0lar

will learn eventually

Everyone with half a brain knows you're making a PC port, and everyone with the aforementioned brain matter knows you can't say shit because you assholes decided to partner up with the cancer of the industry to publish the title.
I love the honesty in this reply

kuYuri

The guy clearly wants to say there's a PC version, but can't because he will get in trouble. Can only really blame Activision PR, not the dev.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It's generally not a good idea to announce a version that isn't available at launch if you want to sell lots of copies at launch and potentially get double dippers.

i would argue that deception is not an acceptable business model, fullstop. If you can't announce a port because you have no idea when it'll be ready or contractual obligations prevent you from technically confirming it or whatever, that's one thing. But if it's because you want people to buy your game multiple times and you think if you lie to them they will, that's... really not okay.

Grief.exe

Bungie and Respawn had to team up with Activision and EA respectively...why why why why?

Well, realistically, both of those publishers can offer the teams near unlimited funding. In Respawn's case, EA Partners is one of the few deals that would allow them to retain creative autonomy and ownership of the IP.

i would argue that deception is not an acceptable business model, fullstop. If you can't announce a port because you have no idea when it'll be ready or contractual obligations prevent you from technically confirming it or whatever, that's one thing. But if it's because you want people to buy your game multiple times and you think if you lie to them they will, that's... really not okay.

Capitalism Stump, I hate it just as much as you but there is nothing to stop them other than morals.

I'll pick up the PC version when its available, and for a reduced price. I can wait, I have some of the best games of all time in my backlog.

Nzyme32

I genuinely think they are just keeping it as a rumour for more publicity. It seems to me as if it is really just unknown to them if they will be able to probably because of whatever deals Activision have set in motion.

Madness

Isn't it an MMO?

Not really, it's a first person shooter set in several locations. There is a persistent hub however, plus there are areas where you'll see tons of other players such as public events. I wouldn't really say it's an MMO. Basically, the gist of the game is an FPS with loot drops, upgrades and coop gameplay. Think of it like a mix between Halo/CoD/Borderlands

If anything, we'd love it more since we don't pay for XBL/PSN.

Really? Because I thought not having the ability for offline play was a nonstarter for a lot of PC'ers? Especially after Diablo III, SimCity? I agree though that a game like this is perfectly suited for PC, with its large worlds, coop PVE or PVP gameplay.

Grief.exe

They have exclusivity with Sony that Activision signed. Remember, Activision is publishing Destiny, they're not really big on PC as it is, they like consoles, DLC etc. Also, Destiny is always online as well. Something that would piss off PC gamers.

That really only frustrates us when it shouldn't be required.

Something like SimCity and Diablo III are great examples of games that should have never had an always online requirement. In both cases it actively made the game worse for different reasons.

In Destiny's case, it will fundamentally make the game better with constant player interaction that was designed in the game from the ground up. We are nuts for something like DayZ or MMO's, for example, where online interaction is built intrinsically into the games and benefits the games in every way.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
When developers can't give a definitive answer on PC versions of games, I immediately write that game off. It's a poor practice.

It's a PvE focused RPG shooter where you kill giant monsters, I can't imagine you'd need the precision of a typical multiplayer shooter.

I don't need a keyboard for precision. I need a mouse for precision. I need a keyboard to type and hit shortcuts.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member

What if they saved their anxiety ridden users the hassle of accounting a 500$ console and game purchase into their budget they might not even need because they're literally forcing me to play Destiny at this point. Its just too awesome.

BigDug13

I want quick patches for broken things. Will wait for PC version.

By then the game will be more functional too.

Lulubop

One year later, when I don't give a shit any more. No doubt a game like this would do incredibly well on PC. Baffling.

Top Bottom