• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA in the running for "America's Worst Company Award" for 3rd year

Consumerist, the organizers of the Worst Company in America award, has stated that EA may once again win the dubious accolade when voting opens.

According to a blog post on the Consumerist website:

"We haven’t even begun to ask for nominations from readers for the next Worst Company In America tournament, but some are already making the case for once again giving the Golden Poo trophy to reigning two-time WCIA winner Electronic Arts."
Via Gameranx

Fracas

#fuckonami
Not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six.....

I think we're looking at something like an eight-peat here.

Sendou

Only a short time before the Battlefield boner, new EA CEO Andrew Wilson said his company’s two consecutive WCIA wins were a “wake-up call,” and promised to focus on providing the customer with a better gaming experience.

But perhaps what he really should have said was that the company’s decision to ignore those Golden Poos and continue releasing shoddy product should be a wake-up call to consumers, who should vote with their wallets and choose to not buy EA video games until the company learns to respect its customer base.

He has a point, you know.

People are so mad about EA but at the same time Titanfall is yet another anticipated shooter they're involved with.

RE_Player

I don't think they are the worst company but they did have a terrible year between the launches of Sim City, Battlefield 4 and NBA Live. Embarassing for a major third party and I'm shocked people still support their games when they clearly don't care about their consumers.

As long as they don't release anything on par with SimCity or Mass Effect 3 in March, they'll probably manage to lose to Microsoft this time.

Bundy

Banned
Golden Poo trophy
eogr.gif

But yeah, EA has my vote!

hunnies28

There are companies that affect more important matters and all that but it's still hard not considering EA for this. Specially after this last year.

Avallon

They will 100% win it. The voting for this thing is a farce. Last year they won by taking nearly 78% of the vote. Things like this get spread on Reddit, NeoGAF, etc. and end up being voted on en masse to make sure EA "wins".

Hope another company "wins" it because I can't take a third year of strawman nonsense, wagon-circling, and "BANK OF AMERICA DID THIS."

Of course this "award" last year didn't stop them from releasing broken products and charging a premium for them.

JDSN

Banned
Its a silly award from a silly site that will not have real-world consequences, not sure why people get up their own ass and start talking about evil bankers and all that crap.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Now cue the people taking this too seriously, who think if people voted for Monsanto or Bank of America, we could change the world.

bigkrev

There are so many worse companies in America that its still really dumb that EA is included.

That said, EA was so much worse this year than last, so they should be a shoo-in to win the award.

Bombless

I can't wait for the inevitable "It's not fair" EA speech again, in which they highlight the good things they made for the consumer. I bet the Offline SimCity will be part of it.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Not surprised at all considering what they did in 2013, oh well EA you might as well aim for four years.

Though to be honest I still don't why gamers keep buying EA products, since EA seems to be happy to rip you off.

IISANDERII

At this point I feel as though EA is a prop managed and maintained by a large conglomerate of companies who pull all the strings to make certain that EA takes these titles instead of the energy companies, financial firms, Walmart, etc.

Worst videogame company I'd agree, but while stuff like Monsanto exist, it seems silly that EA wins.
Seriously. Monsanto must just laugh at the masses when an entertainment company that causes no real world impact gets all the attention. Our current cultures priorities are completely out of whack.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
Pretty sure if people are still buying these games in the millions, EA is winning

seriously.

this company does not give a fuck about you or your hobbies. they will buy and squeeze, just like all those wonderful companies they've bought up and let die.

but hey, marketing budgets.

Top Bottom