• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation invites UK press for "slim" reveal

Massa

From IGN UK

Vita 2k incoming?

playstation-breakfast-briefing-redactedjpg-886d6d-610x308.jpg

L~A

Nah, probably just the Vita TV. Vita 2k isn't THAT slimmer from what I've seen.

Fun fact : it's the same day as the investor meetings for Nintendo 1st quarter results (results are the day before).

Vodh

Could this be a new thing? I mean, seems a bit silly to tease an event about 'oh yeah you're getting the thing we've released in Japan a few months ago'...

I'm hungry for new reveals after being pampered to for a year...

Slime

Banned
Random prediction time:

It's a rebranded version of the Vita TV, with a new interface and greater focus on the streaming/set-top box features than being a Vita device. Probably PlayStation Now-branded.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The PS2 Ultra Super Slim. Yes, they've managed to make it so small it's the size of a paper CD sleeve.

Scanna

Does somebody know if this is UK only or are the other divisions of Playstation inviting press from the rest of EU?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Random prediction time:

It's a rebranded version of the Vita TV, with a new interface and greater focus on the streaming/set-top box features than being a Vita device. Probably PlayStation Now-branded.
I doubt they'd put that much effort into it, but that would've been a great move on their part.

I am sure the 3rd iteration will have OLED again... if we get a 3rd, that is.
OLED is dead. It was used in the original because the thinking was that OLED would become a standard in mobile devices and the price, efficiency would improve.

Lo-Volt

The PS3 Super Slim's price is a little steep considering the platform's age. If this is the Triple-S, hopefully its effect on the wallet is a little slimmer too. Or yeah, a Vita? Considering it's allegedly wretched performance, I wonder if Sony would pay for a passport and plane ticket for the Vita TV and favor the 2000 instead. (Screen aside, most consumers have waited a while for a Vita revision and the 2000 does have useful improvements.)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Random prediction time:

UK isn't getting Playstation Now until 2015. So unless they brand it Playstation Then, it'll probably stay as Vita TV

stryke

Didn't you guys know PS4 demand have been falling off the cliff? Good on Sony to act quickly by releasing a refresh model.

TomShoe

Banned
Hopefully the PS Vita Slim.

If it doesn't come with a price drop and a slash in the memory prices, then it's basically DOA in the states. If it's cheaper though, I might just pick one up myself.

Top Bottom