• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation invites UK press for "slim" reveal

Announce cheaper memory cards while you're at it Sony!

Yeah, this too. They should, in the very least, have 4GB built in by default, drop the price of the memory cards and phase out the 4GB card.

Man I can't believe Sony is still trying to make the Vita happen. I really don't get it.

It's a great device with some excellent software. They just need to get it into more people's hands. Maybe they should get demo units up in Game, Tesco or Toys R Us all over the country. Let people play a demo of Tearaway or Killzone Mercenary or Soul Sacrifice so they can see what they're missing.

A new VITA would be cool, but they're not getting me to buy one until there are more games for it.

What sort of games do you like? There's plenty of varied software for the system, except big-budget triple-A stuff any more.

Maybe they're holding a meeting to laugh at Nintendos slim profits.

tumblr_me62o4xHKw1r5c1dc.gif

pukko

Neo Member
I am inclined to believe this is it.

No way is it a PS4 and the Vita recently had two revisions with the new design and VitaTV.

A whole big press just to do the same thing again?

Wouldn't make sense.

Vita hasn't got any new revision in the UK?

Since the invitation says "join us for an introduction to the slimmest" (launch in playstation history), it would mean a ps3 slim that is slimmer than the ps2 slim, if they don't refer to handhelds. I think that would be next to impossible at this stage..

dock

PS3 mini would be the best thing Sony could release in 2014.
Something closer to the size of a PStwo would be excellent.

If they were super aggressive they could go for a digital-only PS3. With PSNow, PS+, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, etc, the Ps3 is a great option for streaming and DL-only content.

Realistically, it's probably Vita TV with PSnow, and perhaps the Vita 2000.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

If they were super aggressive they could go for a digital-only PS3. With PSNow, PS+, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, etc, the Ps3 is a great option for streaming and DL-only content.

God no. With the digital pricing of PS3 games a digital only PS3 would be a complete disaster.

Nah, probably just the Vita TV. Vita 2k isn't THAT slimmer from what I've seen.

Fun fact : it's the same day as the investor meetings for Nintendo 1st quarter results (results are the day before).

It is way slimmer than the OG Vita. I know, because I've actually used both.

roxya

I think it's the Vita 2000 rather than Vita TV. Amazon UK has not had standalone/unbundled Vita 1000 stock for a while now.

Olliewilldie

Neo Member
In all seriousness I would actually buy a Vita Go. A digital only Vita with a decent amount of on board memory would be killer.

I was ready for all digital with my PSP Go but it seems like everyone else wasn't. I have basically made my Vita a Vita Go by myself anyway.

DIGITAL4LYFE

Bigger memory cards sold in the UK would be nice.....

Hopefully it's a new PS3 model mine as been acting up after 6 years , not interested in the vitaTV unless the remote play function will be much better then the vita.

RalchAC

PS3 Super Slim is kinda nasty. Maybe a slimmer and better designed PS3.

They can't really do any better with the PSP Vita or Vita TV.

Why? I like my Super Slim PS3. It doesn't look that bad, though the disc cover could be better.

Yes, let's ignore all those Amazon 15€ games and release a console that only plays games that cost 15-45€ more on PSN. I'd prefer the 12GB PS3 than a DD only PS3. And I think 12GB are awful.

My hopes are:

- Vita 2000 announced. Price drop to 150€, new bundles, new games announced. Basically a relaunch.
- Vita TV rebranded and announced. 99€ with 1/3 months PS+ and a 16GB card (8 is rather small, 16 is perfect for the first few months). 130€ with 16GB card, PS+ and PS4 Controller. <- Those prices are if Sony wants to be slightly aggresive with prices.
- Some release dates like Borderlands 2 and Minecraft.

There won't be any announcements since it's a event for the press. They aren't even streaming it.

jabuseika

Sony announcing earlier how they're putting 8 PS3's on a single server blade for the Playstation Now.

I'll bet it's a super super slim PS3.

DieH@rd

Banned
PS3 shrink with the chips from their Gaikai server farms.
Western Vita 2000 deployment plans
VitaTV with much more coprehensive game support

I know people are pushing for OLED, but honestly if it let's them hit £149 to drop a feature that most people don't know or care about then I understand.

At the same time, it makes far more business sense to drop their restrictively overpriced proprietary memory cards.

Mr YuYu

PS Vita 2000 with a nice pricedrop would be the best news for me personally!

Allready bought some nice rpg's for the system :)

Top Bottom