• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation invites UK press for "slim" reveal

Omikaru

How does tearaway work on vitaTV?

It doesn't. There are several games which use the Vita's touch features that need to be patched to work on Vita TV, but Tearaway just flat-out won't work. The game is designed tightly around the Vita's form factor and putting it on any other system with different inputs would break it from a design perspective.

In short, it's the last game I expect to see working on Vita TV.

Nilaul

It doesn't. There are several games which use the Vita's touch features that need to be patched to work on Vita TV, but Tearaway just flat-out won't work. The game is designed tightly around the Vita's form factor and putting it on any other system with different inputs would break it.

So vita tv is pointless... I actually wouldnt mind buying it for 100 euros if everything worked. Just to play some tearaway and other funky stuff.

SmokyDave

So vita tv is pointless... I actually wouldnt mind buying it for 100 euros if everything worked. Just to play some tearaway and other funky stuff.

I'd buy one so that I could stream my PS4 to my bedroom TV. Probably wouldn't even touch the Vita features, I have a Vita for that.

Probably Vita TV, I guess. It needs to be as cheap as possible if they want it to be a success - £80 vanilla, or £100 with a controller (or £115 with a Dualshock 4?). Even then I think it's compromised hardware as some of the best Vita games won't work on it.

I can't imagine it's the Vita 2000, or whatever it's known as. Either way, if they're holding a Vita-focused event, hopefully they'll announce at least some new software. Preferably games that aren't ports.

I don't think they can slim the PS3 even more.
At least not with an internal power brick.

This is either Vita 200 or Vita TV. Maybe both.

Omikaru

It's a niche device, but if Sony pitch it right (i.e. not as a Vita) it could find its audience.

Provided they can get the support, they should pitch it as a Netflix/other apps similar to what Apple TV/Roku does, but with...

- PS4 streaming
- Library support for pretty much every PS1 and PSP game available on PSN.
- Future PS Now support
- And it also plays some of Vita's best games like Persona 4 Golden and Killzone Mercenary.

I wouldn't say it's pointless, but it is if you're just looking at it as a Vita. If you want a Vita, get a Vita. Vita TV changes nothing in that respect.

Playstation TV 2 with a built in Vita TV.

Now that would be dumb.

E: Can the Vita TV stream games from a nearby PS3 as well?

Twinduct

Man would love Vita TV if only to compliment my current TV setup (and get more couch gaming in). Worried about the games though. I mean is there is an English list that shows current compatibility?

pukko

Neo Member
The Vita 2000 is the slimmest among the PSPs and Vita 1000, so it'll be the 2000 announcement. So it seems they have finally sold out most of the old Vita stock..

I really really hope it isn't the Vita TV. There is no point in launching it until PS Now is released as well, it would only hurt the product to release it now. Better to save it for the Now hype.

Has to be the new Vita.

Really wished they would have just released a proper compact Vita, even if it didn't have the OLED screen.

jelly

PS3 Super Slim is kinda nasty. Maybe a slimmer and better designed PS3.

They can't really do any better with the PSP Vita or Vita TV.

Hip Hop

Could it be PS3 super slim? Considering they did a lot of redesign of it for PlayStation Now ..

I am inclined to believe this is it.

No way is it a PS4 and the Vita recently had two revisions with the new design and VitaTV.

A whole big press just to do the same thing again?

Wouldn't make sense.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Vita TV (showing PSNow running on it)
Vita Slim (all four colours)
64GB memory cards
Price drop.

Perhaps: A controller designed specifically for playing Vita games on the VitaTV.

Shahed

Please be Vita TV. I'd rather play Ys IV with a controller on a TV than on the Vita. Constantly having to press (and hold) the X button in Ys Seven and other games makes my right thumb hurt after a while

Top Bottom