• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Split Screen in Titanfall

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
50% less sad that Titanfall isn't getting a PS4 release. Hope they manage split-screen in Titanfall 2.

Destiny save me...

Tagyhag

Let's be honest, as sucky as it sounds, splitscreen is slowly dying and there will be less games with splitscreen this gen than the last one.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Could've guessed that.

If they are having a hard time already at 720p with 60 frames with less than impressive graphics, no way they would have split screen.

Save us Halo!!! It's so fucking stupid that games can't come with a split screen. It's not ideal but when friends are over it's a blast.

KoopaTheCasual

Who plays split screen these days?
The gamers, who don't game online? Which happen to outnumber the number of online gamers?

Anyway, I don't think this is really going to disappoint the audience that's already hyped for the game.
This, every time a shooter comes out you see the "but does it have splitscreen!" i mean you guys do know you're the minority for a long time now right?
Lol, I would love to see any kind of source for this tale from your ass.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Most of my splitscreen experiences last gen were horrible. Small boxed sections of the screen in Resident Evil 5 and World at War. Halved FPS in Wipeout HD. This doesn't affect me or my excitement in the slightest.

Still sucks that the option isn't there for those who use it. Online-only is not a valid excuse, as there are games you can play splitscreen online.

Tagyhag

The gamers, who don't game online? Which happen to outnumber the number of online gamers?

Anyway, I don't think this is really going to disappoint the audience that's already hyped for the game.

I find that pretty hard to believe, at least in a first world country.

Tommy DJ

Good news guys, Goldeneye still has it.

Can't think of ever wanting to play split-screen again.

Split-screen is great for novelty factor, which is really the basis of good local multiplayer games. Goldeneye still has one of the best multiplayer experiences assuming everyone playing are around the same skill level.

For games like Titanfall, I can't imagine it being fun at all. Goldeneye had tons of bad game design that ended up working somehow.

tbm24

Lol, I would love to see any kind of source for this tale from your ass.
Well at least in this regard this makes no difference to those folks who game offline. Game isn't offline to begin with.

These days it's more surprising when there is splitscreen, sadly.

This.

I'm more surprised when I see a game that has split screen. The last game I played that had split screen was Lego Marvel and it was okay. Before playing that, the last game I played with split screen was... Motorstorm Apocalypse and rarely played it. Split screen was more of a thing I loved with N64 (goldeneye, Mario Kart) and used on the Wii (Mario Kart again). As games have progressed and become more of a graphical feast (and a complex online experience), split screen becomes more and more unrealistic/ necessity. For kart racing titles (and a few other games), I can see the benefit of dual screens but for hectic games like Titanfall, it' seem like it would be more of a burden and just not work.

KoopaTheCasual

I find that pretty hard to believe, at least in a first world country.
If you don't believe me, add up the number of gold members and PS+ users and divide by the combined install base. Shoot, MS boasts what 48million Live users, which also includes silver? Last time I checked the gold to silver ratio is about 1:1. So we're looking at less than a third of Xbox users being online gamers.

Is that number rapidly increasing? Yes. But it's really annoying to see people continue to throw around these false notions that online gaming is bigger than offline gaming yet.

Halo
Borderlands
Call Of Duty
Left 4 Dead
Resistance
Resident Evil
Gears of War
Portal 2
Army of Two
Uncharted 3
Killzone 3

Those are some obscure games that support this weird niche request for sure.

wotta

Everyone seems to think this game is the next best thing, but based on what? 25 mins play time? We know nothing about the content (or lack of it from what I can tell). So far, based on what we do know, there is no way this game is worth £50 in the UK. I hope EA/Respawn prove me wrong, but when I asked them direct after answering a previous question they went surprisingly quiet.

What my advise would be is to wait and see, rather than building this up as the next big thing (which all sounds like desperation that it is, rather than being sure about the fact).

Top Bottom