• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Notebook |OT-Redux| Around the World in 124 Dick Pics

xkramz

am i missing somehting?
next person in line is eLZhi

but it says thats an invalid username when sending a message. so do i skip him?

xkramz

ok my idea for the books is done.

i have taken pics of my favorite spots in nyc my hometown and im gonna make a small montage. itll then be put in a folder with my name on it for viewing purposes. itll be in a flashdrive, i hope the next person makes a folder with their GAF account name in flashdrive and put photos of their neighborhood or hometown professional or not and pass it along.

please for future book holders no griefing lol please do not keep the flashdrive i have supplied.

i am gonna contact the next in line within two days.

Should the book be put on quarantine over the xmas holidays unless it changes hands physically? Lot of stuff gets lost in the mail during december...

I mean, we don't want another catmincer on our hands! :D

xkramz

Any scans brother sir?

sadly no =[ hopefully my flash drive idea wont get lost ..itll be cool having a flashdrive with folders of gaf usernames with photos saved that they can relate to.

slight update i already got the next persons address and will be shipping soon!!

xkramz

Any reports? Has the dream died?

Holy crap the holiday made me almost forget about this thing. Where we at?

sorry

i lost my job and was very busy looking for work and stuff. the book is done. didnt get to do much but the book will be mailed out tuesday to the next person so expect him to have it by next week,

AGAIN sorry for the huge delay. my company went bankrupt and there were just too much real life shit i was dealing with.

Ourobolus

Banned
sorry

i lost my job and was very busy looking for work and stuff. the book is done. didnt get to do much but the book will be mailed out tuesday to the next person so expect him to have it by next week,

AGAIN sorry for the huge delay. my company went bankrupt and there were just too much real life shit i was dealing with.

It's ok man.

So...uhh...

Update: I FINALLY got a hold of catmincer again, and he's pretty sure he lost it still. :(

People who are not sure about going through with the notebook should ask to be taken or decline the project.

Another notebook thread reminded me of this... but it looks like it's still going around?

I hope it picks back up. Feb 10th 2016 gonna make it two years this undertaking has gone so far. We're not even out the US yet!

Jhoan

Happy Holidays Notebook bros. I've been meaning to post my entries since they were very personal and allowed me to get candid in a way that I don't show very often. I've had them scanned for ages but finally decided to post it now because I was participating in the GAF Secret Santa and wanted to wait. You guys can view the entries here:

http://imgur.com/a/gtT7h

Also, I'm bummed out to see that catmincer lost the book going in reverse. It sucks for the international GAF members that the current one in the U.S. probably won't be hitting Canada for another several months but as long as it keeps moving is all that matters.

Happy Holidays Notebook bros. I've been meaning to post my entries since they were very personal and allowed me to get candid in a way that I don't show very often. I've had them scanned for ages but finally decided to post it now because I was participating in the GAF Secret Santa and wanted to wait. You guys can view the entries here:

http://imgur.com/a/gtT7h

Also, I'm bummed out to see that catmincer lost the book going in reverse. It sucks for the international GAF members that the current one in the U.S. probably won't be hitting Canada for another several months but as long as it keeps moving is all that matters.

Thanks for sharing :) i will have to see you again in that Barcade we met at in August 2013. ...and steal the book for us Europeans! :D

Jhoan

Thanks for sharing :) i will have to see you again in that Baracde we met at in August 2013. ...and steal the book for us Europeans! :D
My pleasure! Hahaha, remember that night like it was yesterday including you buying the NTSC version Saints Row The Third and number47 going ham on The Simpsons pinball. It's hard to forget the people I've met on this forum; especially if they're from abroad. I haven't been back to 2 Bit's Retro Arcade since that day because since then, 2 Barcades have popped up in Manhattan. I'll leave the book on top of a Tetris arcade cabinet.

Still haven't traveled to Europe yet but Norway is on my to do list from the Nordic countries. I mean you guys have Sam Lake as a big game industry celebrity.

My pleasure! Hahaha, remember that night like it was yesterday including you buying the NTSC version Saints Row The Third...

Still haven't traveled to Europe yet but Norway is on my to do list from the Nordic countries. I mean you guys have Sam Lake as a big game industry celebrity.

It was Saints Row 4 ;)

Yeah all our Remedy, Supercell and Rovio guys are national heroes :D

I got a job from Unity 3D as well two months ago. Moved from advertising to... game advertisement on mobile game Ads :D

I will return to NYC.

I remember that time I had the notebook, scanned all the pages, uploaded them to NeoGAF, and shipped the book out all within ~2 weeks of getting it.

Soka is efficient with the notebook.
Be more like Soka.

This is like a Robert Louis Stevenson novel, the book is a black spot causing procrastination to all who receive it. Who can break this curse?!

P.S. this thread is over two years old and some how the book isn't lost yet. And, this thread is the sequel to the original one which I'm not sure how old that one is.

Ourobolus

Banned
P.S. this thread is over two years old and some how the book isn't lost yet. And, this thread is the sequel to the original one which I'm not sure how old that one is.

I'm going for longest-running, non-necro'd, less than 20,000 posts, thread on GAF.

I poked him a few days ago - he's still got it, just some...stuff has come up. He has cwmartin's address, so hopefully it goes out relatively soon.

I don't get why the people cannot pop in here and give us an update... is it that hard? Do they not have subscriptions set up?

I don't get why the people cannot pop in here and give us an update... is it that hard? Do they not have subscriptions set up?

xkramz' last post wasn't very promising with all the "my company went bankrupt" stuff, so this might not be in his top priorities.

Although, could we put out a general guideline of:
If you don't have time or energy to put anything in the book when you eventually get it, just pass it along to the next one on the list.

You can scribe in your signature on the last pages or something as a guestbook thing and just toss it in the mail :D

It's a good guideline but I think most people have sincere intentions to add to the notebook but when they get it it's a different story.

Edit: it's gonna be two years since I first sent it out in like two days.

It's a good guideline but I think most people have sincere intentions to add to the notebook but when they get it it's a different story.

of course, but if life kicks you in the balls at the moment it's your responsibility, don't keep the poor book as a hostage. Take part in Secret Santa and other Gaf community fun times later on :)

2nd year anniversary of the notebook going out in the wild, maybe it's lost but still pretty cool it lasted as long as it did. Thanks for the scans and creative contributions to the gaffers that mailed it off.

Pour one out for the project maybe it will get back on track.

xkramz

Sent. I had to relocate cause I lost my job and I have to move swiftly and the book got lost in boxes. I finally found it and I mailed it to Cmartin. Priority mail. Again sorry for the huge delay. Very irresponsible of me. But I went through a very rough patch after receiving the book. Please forgive me.

Jhoan

All is forgiven. The book is finally moving again is the important part so thank heavens it didn't get lost.

cwmartin

Book is safe in my hands now, and I've enjoyed every second reading through it. Love you guys.

Will be shipping by this weekend!

edit: some of you wonderful souls put some heartfelt and intimate information in here almost 2 years ago. You guys are the real champs and I hope life is still good for you guys over those two years. I'm proud of myself being a part of it!

Top Bottom