• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katy B - Little Red

Status
Not open for further replies.
katy-b-little-red-201jxc9e.png

The Queen of UK dance music returns 3 years after the release of her acclaimed debut 'On A Mission'. This new record is a bit different from the first. Rather than drawing inspiration from her experiences as a young adult in the club scene, Katy's personal life and relationships are the focus on Little Red. Despite the deeper subject material, the album manages to be just as exciting and dance-y. Collaborations with producers Jacques Greene, The Invisible Men, Joker, Sampha, and George FitzGerald as well as a duet with struggling newbie Jessie Ware make the album a thrilling and vibrant listen from front to back.

katy-b-what-love-is-m5qyrk.png

de.png
/
ie.png
- February 7th 2014
gb.png
- February 10th 2014
ca.png
- February 11th 2014
au.png
- February 14th 2014

Purchase on iTunes

katy-b160aij.jpg

1. Next Thing
2. 5 AM
3. Aaliyah (feat. Jessie Ware)
4. Crying for No Reason
5. I Like You
6. All My Lovin’
7. Tumbling Down
8. Everything
9. Play (feat. Sampha)
10. Sapphire Blue
11. Emotions
12. Still

Deluxe
13. Blue Eyes
14. Stay Down
15. Hot Like Fire
16. Wicked Love
17. Sky's the Limit
18. Little Red (Continuous Mix)

3-katy-b-exclusive-sho5xdq.jpg

5 AM

Crying for No Reason

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can check out previews of all of the tracks in this album sampler video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVaSlSDEhbI

Enjoy the album and be blessed.

slayty20brkuhj.gif

botty

Banned
I really enjoy her music. I call her King B, because she's really music royalty in my opinion. Aaliyah with Jessie Ware is amazing. Woo!

gdt

Struggling newbie lol.

She got some fire producers for this album. Jacques and Fitz are genius. Route 94 did an excellent remix of 5am.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Everything I've heard from this so far is meh.

That first album had fire. This album feels like overexposed poppy flatness.

Grizzo

Loved her first album, and 5am was one of the best singles of 2013, so I'll make sure to check out this one as well. Thanks for the heads up!

Peru

This is all very good and I was raving about it (except Still) but the word on the street is the bonus tracks are actually superior to several of the 'regular' tracks so we may have to do some sequencing of our own here..?

I've listened to a couple of those on the EP that was released over a year ago. The one new song I listened to, "Crying for No Reason", is great though. Nothing little about that voice of hers.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I listened to the iTunes stream and as far as I can tell it shits and slays lives, Katy B is coming

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I saw 7th as the release date without realising it wasn't for the UK
Three days until I get my hands on those bonus tracks. It shall be a religious experience

I bought my girlfriend tickets to see her a few ago but I've never really listened to her. Just sitting listening to her first album and she really is the real deal. Thanks for turning me onto her op.

Cyport

I haven't listened to the new songs on the stream yet, only the material that's been released so far. I love it! Will be a treat on Monday and seeing her live in March. Aaliyah slays

Man, this girl is taking forever to blow up. I remember when I saw her perform at a event in NYC in 2011 for her album "On A Mission" And that record also took forever to drop as well.

Seanspeed

Banned
I Like You is a bit fun
jO7SYIO.gif

I'm a KatyCat
jO7SYIO.gif

If only Arte was here to create the OT for his favorite artist.
jO7SYIO.gif

Good luck with that. Not everybody can have a platinum selling album in the US like Lana Del Rey.
jO7SYIO.gif

25 posts. Chin up, Katy.
jO7SYIO.gif

Not that that's possible.
jO7SYIO.gif

Where the Annie threads at?
jO7SYIO.gif

Anyway, the deluxe iTunes version is out there, get your life.
The hell? lol

Not a single one of these posts does that smiley seem to make any contextual sense.

This is some weird PopGAF shit, aint it? If so, then <hands up> <backs away slowly>

mr stroke

This finally went up on Spotifiy and after a couple listens I fucking love it. Better than her first album IMO.

"I like you" is an absolutely wicked tech house banger with a catchy hook. Can't stop listening to it.

just heard this album. not impressed at all. looks like the op is banned so he can't update the low quality images and create some interest in this album.
jO7SYIO.gif

Funny this was bumped, been listening to it a lot recently in celebration of the end of the year. :p Might be in my top 10-15 favourite albums of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom