• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Dugna

Just as a technicality but this game should've ended at chapter 1, because that is when Junko killed Mukuro there should've been a class trial if the rules were actually followed by Junko that is.

kewlmyc

nfuImMD.jpg
Fuck you Junko.

pariah164

Are you fucking kidding me with how ripped Oowada is.
Well yeah, he's the Ultimate Biker Gang Leader after all.

Just as a technicality but this game should've ended at chapter 1, because that is when Junko killed Mukuro there should've been a class trial if the rules were actually followed by Junko that is.
She didn't count since Monokuma killed her in front of everyone, I think.

I wonder if that class trail would have been unsolvable considering technically Junko would have been the murderer and well no one would pin Junko for killing Junko at that point.

Though since Maizono got killed first, wonder if Junko's would happen afterwards and then everyone would die.

Fuck you Junko.

Ishimaru never had a chance.

Dugna

This last case they haven't done bad with Junko's mood swings, only one I don't like is the one were she is covering her face with her hand. The Dubbed VA cast that is.

I approve of Genocide Chie. Syo was one of my favorite characters, probably my favorite voice performance in the game, so I'm glad to see it's been handled well here.

kiryogi

Banned
So I need more and I won't get that fix until Fall. . . Is the TV series somewhat worthwhile?

And goddamn Megumi Toyoguchi and her Enoshima performance. HOLY SHIT. Japanese actresses have talent!

So I need more and I won't get that fix until Fall. . . Is the TV series somewhat worthwhile?

And goddamn Megumi Toyoguchi and her Enoshima performance. HOLY SHIT. Japanese actresses have talent!

Well I mean if you already played the game and just would like to see the main and only the main plot again, the anime is somewhat worthwhile.

It's not as if it'd be a waste of your time watching it, but it's little more than a recap of the game with a bunch of changes and plot points cut out to fit. Don't go with any expectations and you'll be alright.

Just finished the game about an hour ago. Phew. Man, what a game. Can't wait for DR2, I'll try to tide myself over with Dual Destinies in the downtime.

Well, you're partially right. Yeah, she's not following her own rules [with the express purpose of covering up the identity of Mukuro], but I don't think it would have mattered. In the eyes of the regulations, she killed herself and everyone saw it, so it wouldn't have needed any investigation or much debate in order to reach a conclusion.

Man, I don't need to watch more than a few minutes to know that show is a total mess. The character designs look absolutely terrible, especially contrasted against the stylish ones in the game; plus, their poor attempts to have certain expressions or actions represented in the animation (example, Junko's constant personality switching) go from bizarre to downright cringe-worthy. If you've got a [3]DS, you should hit up the Phoenix Wright or Zero Escape series. Best fixes in the meantime if you haven't touched them yet.

Dugna

90% of the budget just went to her and her chest in the anime

the other 10% went to animating syo/jack

Don't remember her chest moving that much during the final case, but she definitely got alot of the animation budget because of the last case.

Dugna

Finally into School Mode and I can't buy presents during it....any possible way to buy them without leaving school mode?

Labrys

Don't remember her chest moving that much during the final case, but she definitely got alot of the animation budget because of the last case.

ha, i meant more in how more, um, focus was put on it than everything else. though we all know the reason for that.

aoi's shirt was also inexplicably lower in the animation, for the same reasons

Noi

I've been watching the animation since the day after I beat the game and.... it's nothing stellar, but it's still pretty cool to see everything animated. Plus I get the added bonus of recognizing what plot points they cut/moved around and laughing about it. It's pretty inoffensive if you're watching it after playing the game rather than before it.

Dugna

I've been watching the animation since the day after I beat the game and.... it's nothing stellar, but it's still pretty cool to see everything animated. Plus I get the added bonus of recognizing what plot points they cut/moved around and laughing about it. It's pretty inoffensive if you're watching it after playing the game rather than before it.

That and just like how the Persona 4 anime was it was only an entry point to interest people on the edge, so if they want to learn more about the story and characters they can just buy the game.

Dugna

But then I only have 361 coins right now... :T Having Raise helps, but not a lot. And when I'm spending 30 coins and up for that 0% repeat rate...

This might drive some people insane but I'm just doing one coin at a time. sure I get duplicates but it gets me a lot of presents and I still get new ones without having to spend a lot coins That and oddly each character accepts the same present over and over and over, never changing their excitement.

pariah164

This might drive some people insane but I'm just doing one coin at a time. sure I get duplicates but it gets me a lot of presents and I still get new ones without having to spend a lot coins That and oddly each character accepts the same present over and over and over, never changing their excitement.
Oh, they do? Fuck. Never thought about that. Okay, spending 1 from now on.

Dugna

looking through the artwork gallery and man this game has some nice pics, thinking of making some of them my Wallpapers

redhood56

Banned
I just finished it, and I assuming we will get what the world is really like in dangan ronpa 2? The epilogue was sequel bate to me, and I can't wait for it! I thoughtI was spiled for this game, but I totally wasn't which was nice! The chihiro twist really took me by surprise! I can't wait for dangan ronpa 2, I NEED MORE!!!

pariah164

Woah.

Just got back and started doing 1 coins in the Monokuma machine... Got the Escape Switch on my third coin (and a Lucky! extra capsule as well).

I must have pleased the Monokuma lords somehow. Not sure if I should be proud of that.

Top Bottom