• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Playstation Store is now two days late updating. Proof of a bigger problem?

Thread title basically says it all. The store hasn't updated and we're now headed into Thursday. This has happened in the past, seemingly at random, but this is the worst it's been in a while.

What is Sony getting wrong exactly? Many people (myself included) don't understand how this can happen when the competitors seemingly get it right each week like clockwork. Is Sony's updating infrastructure borked? Is it a management/personnel issue? Sony usually remains silent when it happens, and that just adds to the speculation.

Also, wouldn't publishers and developers force Sony to be accountable for this? If you have a digital game releasing and no one can get it, how is that acceptable? That's gotta impact sales, right?

Nemesis_

Is it maybe possible they are waiting until later so that all the stores can update at the same time.....maybe?

Hatchtag

Banned
No. It's annoying, but this seems like the first time it's happened in a while. If it happens again soon, then there'd be a trend. But there's not just yet.
Plus they have bigger problems to worry about, like how come music unlimited is so glitchy on the vita.

They are prepping the PSN servers for Towerfall.

But PSN will always be a mess while they have completely separate stores for each country while every other major digital platform operates on a global system.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Grace Chen is too busy playing Dark Souls 2. She forgot to hit the update button and nobody can get in contact with her :(

Seriously though its insane. I hope the first thing the new SCEA boss does is rectify the issues surrounding updating the store in a timely manner. It's fucking embarrassing really.

No. It's annoying, but this seems like the first time it's happened in a while. If it happens again soon, then there'd be a trend. But there's not just yet.
Plus they have bigger problems to worry about, like how come music unlimited is so glitchy on the vita.

I heard they're sending out personal emails to the three dozen people affected by that.

PBY

Banned
Store has been crap lately.

I was just gonna post that I can't even get into it from my ps4

All I want is that 10/60 deal man.

It's honestly utterly embarrassing. If this is a one time thing it would be excusable but they're late way too often, even though this is by far the worst time aside from the hack.

They need to get their shit together on this front. Honestly it's bad enough that most tuesday releases drop at like 4pm instead on midnight, but this? Come on Sony. If I was the Towerfall guys I'd be pretty pissed that my two initial launch days have gone without the PS+ discount applied to it. People are going to see that, say "I'll wait for the discount" then forget about it and get distracted by other games.

I can't think of another company that has this many difficulties with simple digital store updates.

Mieu

some delays are inevitable. sometimes, unwanted. maybe the person flipping the switch got diarrhea or something.

someone will be accountable for this, but just let it go. it will update in due time.

hmm.. it seems that some people are fit and knowledgeable about running an online store. Maybe you can tell your ideas to Grace Chen

Wipeout 2048, Uncharted:GA and Gravity Rush no longer have the "free" text underneath their prices in my "Instant Game Collection" area on Vita. Bork less, Sony.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
That they still don't have a set time early Tuesday morning to flip the switch is hilarious. It's like they try to discourage people from buying digital.

PBY

Banned
some delays are inevitable. sometimes, unwanted. maybe the person flipping the switch got diarrhea or something.

someone will be accountable for this, but just let it go. it will update in due time.
Every Tuesday is a total shitshow though. I got screwed last week- bought awesomenauts before the plus discount was applied. Vita prices were all over the place today

I pay for ps+, I want this shit to work.

kassatsu

Banned
SCEJ store published fine.
PSM store published fine.
SCEHK store published fine.
SCEE store published fine.

It is just SCEA.

AleeN634

The part that annoys me the most is there have been no updates from Sony today about the delay in the store update.

If someone was accountable for every delay for the PSN Store update, they would have had no employees left to fire many years ago

The store is updated fine..all the new content was there yesterday.

They even took the new Vita exploit game down! There just hasn't been a post about it.

SSReborn

Who the heck is Grace Chen people have been talking about?
lol the lady who writes the blog posts.

What's even funnier is that on the ps blog podcast she said she has nothing to do with the update itself she just does the blog post. she just holds the blame usually.

Sony doesn't have network programmers, apparently.

But on a more serious note, their entire content delivery network is fucked. It's honestly pretty baffling. Isn't this like a solved problem? Pretty much every company has figured this out other than Sony and Nintendo.

ktFf0.gif

Jeels

It almost seems like something else is going on.

Why did I have to type in my password when I turned on my PS4 yesterday?

I had to as well, forgot to ask on GAF if anyone else had to but it was weird because I am set to auto log in. Glad to know I wasn't the only one.

That they still don't have a set time early Tuesday morning to flip the switch is hilarious. It's like they try to discourage people from buying digital.

I still don't know why the don't start pushing titles and updating the store around 12:01 Tuesday Morning. It is officially Tuesday, and people can start downloading, buying things, etc. when they find it convenient on Tuesday.

Or, is it to much to ask to do it at the same time each week? Damn!

Top Bottom