• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Playstation Store is now two days late updating. Proof of a bigger problem?

Gammacide

It's becoming pretty incredible the amount of threads that are trying desperately to make mountains out of molehills. This goes for both sides of the fanboy war. "Proof of a bigger problem?" Really?? Do we have the best (i.e. worst) tabloid journos writing thread titles and posts for GAF now?

PBY

Banned
It's becoming pretty incredible the amount of threads that are trying desperately to make mountains out of molehills. This goes for both sides of the fanboy war. "Proof of a bigger problem?" Really?? Do we have the best (i.e. worst) tabloid journos writing thread titles and posts for GAF now?
I don't know about "bigger problem" but it's been a consistent annoyance. Not anything worth fueling "warz" but it'd be really cool if they, you know, fixed it.

Roto13

lol the lady who writes the blog posts.

What's even funnier is that on the ps blog podcast she said she has nothing to do with the update itself she just does the blog post. she just holds the blame usually.

I think there are people on this site who actually believe she just hovers over a big red "Publish" button every Tuesday and eventually just pushes it when she remembers.

I heard they're sending out personal emails to the three dozen people affected by that.

alright I'll admit I laughed.

While I doubt it's a huge problem it seems weird this is reoccuring like people said. Hopefully they figure things out before later console life when updates are needed ASAP for bigger titles.

LTWood12

What hasn't updated? I know towerfall was available but I didn't check for anything else.

Towerfall is there but the plus discount isn't active yet. It's supposed to be $11.99 it's crazy to me that Nintendo of America can put there titles up on the eshop the night of release, but Sony is still so bad at it. I mean, NINTENDO of all companies is able to do it. It's ridiculous.

Eusis

As easy as it is to joke they're all busy playing DSII, I do wonder if the game has created an abnormal strain on the service that made store updates problematic. At least they got the big games out to buy so now it's a matter of us waiting on freebies and discounts.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
It was kind of weird to have to re-log in the other day, but I was able to add all the existing Vita and PS3 Plus games to my account on the site without owning either system yet so it must be pretty damned alright for that to work as usual.

The unintended irony of this post is pretty funny.

kassatsu

Banned
SCEE or might just be AU, is still missing Miku with the DLC

But it published on time, no? (except for that one title) Plus there is a proper PS blog post about published EU content.

US store still doesn't have PS+ prices added for content.

Ponn

Banned
I don't know about "bigger problem" but it's been a consistent annoyance. Not anything worth fueling "warz" but it'd be really cool if they, you know, fixed it.

Or you know, some intrepid gaming journalist actually do some investigating.

Towerfall is there but the plus discount isn't active yet. It's supposed to be $11.99 it's crazy to me that Nintendo of America can put there titles up on the eshop the night of release, but Sony is still so bad at it. I mean, NINTENDO of all companies is able to do it. It's ridiculous.

Didn't realize Towerfall had a discount, might have to consider picking it up now. Wonder why that wasn't just made available with the games release, that just seems odd.

Pretty much. Kind of a baffling OP tbh.

Also, today is Wednesday. They don't update at midnight, and certainly not the evening before Tuesday so I'm not sure where you got 2 days...

Well it'll be Thursday in a little over an hour on the east coast, so is "1 day and 23 hours late" more acceptable to some of you?

ZeroX03

Banned
But it published on time, no? (except for that one title) Plus there is a proper PS blog post about published EU content.

We get inconsistent update times, poor pricing conversion, missing PS+ discounts, disappearing content often.

Poor/late PlayStation Store updates are not exclusive to SCEA.

I'm one of those people waiting to get Towerfall until the Plus discount goes live. And like a previous poster said, it might just be that I forget and/or don't care when the update finally happens. Got a lot of stuff to play and I'm finicky like that.

But yeah, it's totally embarrassing. Question for XBL users: how does the global thing work? Do you just not see content that's marked as being outside your territory?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

..But you're kind of doing the same thing, ain't it :p

jbw

Banned
The PlayStation Store has always been somewhat disorganized in one way or another.

Dats jus how dey roll yo.

Wannabe20Gangsters_xlarge.jpeg

shink

I'm not too sure when it actually updated.
Usually I check the webstore late Wednesday (after 10pm) and it's already updated, but didn't do so last night.

Flandy

Well it'll be Thursday in a little over an hour on the east coast, so is "1 day and 23 hours late" more acceptable to some of you?

The store doesn't update at midnight though so you're still wrong. Normal update time is 2PM PT/5PM ET. They're like 30 hours late now

Ljwinter

Banned
This is why I refuse to go digital. I don't want to wait until 10pm at night to download a game I can get from the store at 8am and play immediately or when home from work.

TimFL

I've always hated Sony a bit for having different stores/websites. The US PSN site had the new layout since PS4 launch, EU got it late january (we couldn't even check our PS4 trophies online... I mean come on).

That's the price you pay for having 50 different networks instead of one big global one with a bit of structure for regional content.

I want to give them money, but they don't seem interested in taking it from me currently. It's irritating as all hell, but how SCEA operates. Ergh.

While I don't think it's "proof of a bigger problem", I do think it's a symptom of the systematic jank that Sony has yet to shake off from last gen.

Zero315

Banned

It doesn't usually update until around 5 PM eastern time, so you'd still be wrong.

This is definitely the longest it's taken in a while though. Maybe trying to iron out some issues for next week?

Dolobill

As a previously xbox-only guy, getting on the Sony train with PS4, I find this problem laughable. The store should update my 9am EST at the latest. This isn't an issue with Sony's competitors like XBL or Steam, and is only going to become a more visible problem with larger digital downloads. If the store doesn't update until 5 pm, your 30gb game won't be finished downloading by the time you get home from work. It's obviously much worse for people who works shifts and may have Tuesdays off.

I just recently encountered this problem when Strider released. I was home the entire day, highly anticipating the game, and it was just infuriating knowing the game was available to everyone else all day, but I had to wait until 4 pm. It's this kind of crappy service that almost makes the XBL Gold fee seem justified.

Marleyman

Banned
As a previously xbox-only guy, getting on the Sony train with PS4, I find this problem laughable. The store should update my 9am EST at the latest. This isn't an issue with Sony's competitors like XBL or Steam, and is only going to become a more visible problem with larger digital downloads. If the store doesn't update until 5 pm, your 30gb game won't be finished downloading by the time you get home from work. It's obviously much worse for people who works shifts and may have Tuesdays off.

I just recently encountered this problem when Strider released. I was home the entire day, highly anticipating the game, and it was just infuriating knowing the game was available to everyone else all day, but I had to wait until 4 pm. It's this kind of crappy service that almost makes the XBL Gold fee seem justified.

Why did you switch?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Welcome to 8 years of us asking the question.

Thank god I moved to other platforms that update at a set-time. I don't miss the "when will the PSN store update!?" fiasco each week.

Ponn

Banned
I like how people are trying to correct one poster with update times that are all over the place. That itself is pretty telling of the ongoing problem.

Top Bottom