• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Playstation Store is now two days late updating. Proof of a bigger problem?

WELL WHOEVER does the American updating then. Fire them all. each and every one of them. You can't be this incompetent for this long and stay with a job. Either get parity with Europe in the way you handle updates, or stop. That's how simple Sony should make it for them.

Well, Layden just took over so maybe improving online services is on his agenda.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Why is there ever drama over a store update?

Technically you are correct but in relation to this problem she just publishes the post. Apparently there is a front end team for the PS Store and a back end team she runs the front end

The front end deals with the sales, campaigns and the offers related to playstation plus. The back end team or the operations team deals with the uploading of the content, q/a testing etc.

http://traffic.libsyn.com/playstation/51_Episode_051__1_Year_Older_70_Million_PS3s_Wiser.mp3

talks about it at around 01 hour and 30 mins in. She even talks about the misconception that its her fault whenever the store is late though I don't remember exactly where that part is.

Well, I must say that the sales, campaigns and offers are stellar. Kudos to her for bringing all of that together. I love getting games like Tales of Xillia on sale. Excellent work.

coldone

I dont know if it is the same team doing PS+, Store front, Sales etc.

PS+ and guys who work in pricing(called purchase dept in retail stores) are doing a awesome job.

Their tech team and the guys who manage the store front on a daily basis are very erratic.

Half-Joking/Half-Serious (as this could actually be helpful): Someone should make a Twitter account that says "Has The PSN Store Been Updated Yet?"

SSReborn

Well, I must say that the sales, campaigns and offers are stellar. Kudos to her for bringing all of that together. I love getting games like Tales of Xillia on sale. Excellent work.

Yeah her team does an amazing job imo which makes it pretty unfair when you have people saying she's incompetent or saying she should get fired. Imagine the store without her considering what she actually does in relation to it. It must be hard being the "face" lol.

I dont know if it is the same team doing PS+, Store front, Sales etc.

PS+ and guys who work in pricing(called purchase dept in retail stores) are doing a awesome job.

Their tech team and the guys who manage the store front on a daily basis are very erratic.

Who knows what kind of issues they run into though. I am not so fast to blame those guys as I am just as in the dark as anyone else. Tech problems are in a league of their own. Sometimes it isn't an issue of competence or lack of personnel as it is just a time consuming thing that involves testing numerous complicated, multifaceted factors that none of us here could even contemplate. It is a rough job that throws many curveballs.

Yeah her team does an amazing job imo which makes it pretty unfair when you have people saying she's incompetent or saying she should get fired. Imagine the store without her considering what she actually does in relation to it. It must be hard being the "face" lol.

Not to sound like a weird fanboy or anything but those sales are so good I damn near want to kiss her on the mouth and I've yet to see a picture. Nothing gets me hotter than a good game sale!

Zero315

Banned
Half-Joking/Half-Serious (as this could actually be helpful): Someone should make a Twitter account that says "Has The PSN Store Been Updated Yet?"

Didn't someone make a fake Grace Chen twitter account and never update it? I think I recall people actually tweeting questions at it.

Jburton

Banned
Proof of a bigger problem?

What bloody nonsense, by all means SCEA has always been lacking when it comes to store updates etc ever since the PS3 days and it should be better.

But this scaremongering bullshit, assuming bigger problems based on nothing (especially when updating issues for SCEA are well known for years) leads to bullshit click bait type thread titles.

I have already seen one idiot talk about a hack as if it is truth.

I love to see those who jump on these nothings like there a big deal and run away with themselves with tales of doom and woe ........... usually the same suspects too. (not referring to you OP)

I am not sure what many are talking about. I was able to DL Dark Souls II on the 11th. If the store didn't update then how was that possible?

Wipeout 2048, Uncharted:GA and Gravity Rush no longer have the "free" text underneath their prices in my "Instant Game Collection" area on Vita. Bork less, Sony.

lol. You are supposed to DL them at least once while their free. If you do that they should say purchased instead of free.

darkwing

I am not sure what many are talking about. I was able to DL Dark Souls II on the 11th. If the store didn't update then how was that possible?

it seems it didn't 100% update, it missing Miku I think, Towerfall is in the store too, plus a ton of Lightning Returns DLC

Persona7

Banned

lol. You are supposed to DL them at least once while their free. If you do that they should say purchased instead of free.

They added a few items but the entire update did not happen.

Ponn

Banned
it seems it didn't 100% update, it missing Miku I think, Towerfall is in the store too, plus a ton of Lightning Returns DLC

Vita store is exactly the same as it was monday. Was there anything releasing this week at all? No discounts, nothing new except the NFS games there just no longer discounted.

If Uncharted, Wipeout, and Gravity Rush are indeed out of the IGC rotation (and not just a glitch), I wonder if they will be replaced.

teiresias

I'm going to laugh my ass off if SCEA's incompetence impacts sales of Infamous because they don't get the damn thing on the store. I'd hope Kaz would rain divine justice down on the entire division in that case.

bebop242

Before the ps4 released, i made a post on how important it was for Sony to shore up the US store. I talked about all the 360 players jumping on the boat and expecting a smooth running operation, not one that seems incompetent.

As a whole their updates have been a lot more timely compared to a year or two ago, but their lack of communication is maddening.

PBY

Banned
I'm going to laugh my ass off if SCEA's incompetence impacts sales of Infamous because they don't get the damn thing on the store. I'd hope Kaz would rain diving justice down on the entire division in that case.
It's prob hurting towerfall way more. Which sucks for that one dude.

It's prob hurting towerfall way more. Which sucks for that one dude.

Seriously.

Everyone belittling this 'drama' isn't understanding the financial impact it has on the little guys. You can't be outraged about this era of studio closures and layoffs one minute, and then come into a thread like this the next -- where the product is not being delivered to the consumer and it could be directly hurting some of those smaller companies -- and completely act like this isn't an issue.

teiresias

The OP should be beyond embarrassed. What a rubbish title and rubbish post.

So a chronic problem in updating the store that's happened YET AGAIN this week isn't an indication that something needs to change in how SCEA manages updates to the PSN store front? Keep making excuses and no indie will want to release on this platform anymore because they won't be able to count on gamers being able to actually buy their software.

Seriously.

Everyone belittling this 'drama' isn't understanding the financial impact it has on the little guys. You can't be outraged about this era of studio closures and layoffs one minute and then come into a thread like this the next -- where the product is not being delivered to the consumer and it could be directly hurting some of those smaller companies -- and completely act like there isn't a bigger issue here.

the game is there on the store...

its the $3 discount thats missing, and I don't think anyone here is qualified to take a gander at how that affects sales- taking into account how many people have ps+, how many people know about the discount, how many said people are on the fence because of $3 discount, etc...

the game is there on the store...

its the $3 discount thats missing, and I don't think anyone here is qualified to take a gander at how that affects sales- taking into account how many people have ps+, how many people know about the discount, how many said people are on the fence because of $3 discount, etc...

Towerfall is not in my store. At all. Not even when I specifically search for it.

My store is the exact same from last week. Nothing has changed. That's what most people in this thread are talking about...

So...what region are you in?

jayu26

Every time someone from Naughty Dog does a presentation or an interview, I'm always amazed by how efficient they are at doing everything. People in charge of PSN at SCEA are just as inefficient. Actually, worst then that, they are incompetent.

Edit: I wasn't sure if I wanted to use the word "incompetent", I debated for 10 min nefore committing to it. Now that I have, I will stick with it.

libregkd

Towerfall is not in my store. At all. Not even when I specifically search for it.

My store is the exact same from last week. Nothing has changed. Like most everybody else in this thread...

What region are you in?
It's appearing on my store and I'm in NA. In fact, I think everything that was suppose to be up on Tuesday is up there, except PS+ discounts/the PS+ game for the week.

EDIT: USA to be specific.

KiraXD

You're the exact type of apathetic 'yes man' consumer I'm talking about three posts above yours.

Exactly... how many people are not buying towerfall until the PS+ discount? That number means so far... its missing sales... which for the developer... sucks hard, since those people waiting for discount would probably not pay full price otherwise (which still kinda sucks but a sale is still a sale even if its discounted)

Me on the other hand... im just patiently waiting for my free Lone Survivor... i paid for this after all... we all are ACTUALLY paying for these freebies... so its not asking too much to get them on time is it?

fernoca

It has been a problem for years with the (NA) store. Really disappointing that it is still a problem when not only their competitors; but their other regional divisions have no problems updating on time and even twice a week.

At least all I wanted this week was buying 9 PSone Classics with the $60/$10 deal; which I did.

This is a world-ending problem if you have the agenda for it to be.

It's not a problem at all and you are a bad person for mentioning it if you have the agenda for it.

For everyone else, it is still a dumb problem that needed to be fixed, but because of the above groups (especially the second one, holy crap guys), a conversation can't be held concerning it.

Grace Chen time.
I knew something had to be wrong. I kept on checking the store for days.
I hope a MGSV GZ preorder goes up with the update. lol

TheCloser

Banned
So a chronic problem in updating the store that's happened YET AGAIN this week isn't an indication that something needs to change in how SCEA manages updates to the PSN store front? Keep making excuses and no indie will want to release on this platform anymore because they won't be able to count on gamers being able to actually buy their software.
If he really wants to advocate for change, he should do it in a constructive like starting a twitter campaign or tweeting at Shu or Layden to express his discontent. The scare mongering in the post is embarrassing. The problem is that the updates seem to be manual and not automated like xbl. We need to be talking to Sony about this as they are the only ones who can address this problem. He should be embarrassed with his post and title because its rubbish.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I... didnt remember Towerfall had a PS+ Discount. I already bought it, and it's well worth the $15, but it's bullshit that I didnt get the discount because Sony continues to fuck up Tuesday releases (although, I didn't notice things were missing till I read this article, all I wanted was Towerfall and that was available on Tuesday...)
Contact customer support for a refund. If that doesn't work, contact Morgan Haro (SCEA community manager) on twitter.

tYSuR3L.png

Top Bottom