• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

U2NUMB

Great games last night Osirisblack and Bamelin; you guys are a blast to play with :)

Wanted to join you guys but was too tired... did win 3 arena games in a row. Game continues to be super fun and I have hardly touched the massive amounts of Gods.

dmosher

Wanted to join you guys but was too tired... did win 3 arena games in a row. Game continues to be super fun and I have hardly touched the massive amounts of Gods.

Eh that's ok, I think with a game like this you either go for breadth and then depth or just find your few gods/roles that you like and go depth first. We should play some tonight :)

I need to get better about checking who's on when I start up the game lol. Half the time, I reflexively start up an Assault match and only notice the clan tab when someone posts while I'm already in game.

Patch notes today @ 4pm EST!

FINALLY! I cool Mercury skin. I will buy this just because I hathatehate his default look. I could do without that "M" on his back though.

TA7Kmfs.png

Indignate

What is this Dota like Compendium thing that they're doing?

I only got the last 10 seconds of that segment.

Also, [people in] Assualt sucks. It's quickly becoming my least favorite mode.

What is this Dota like Compendium thing that they're doing?

I totally only got the last 10 seconds of that segment.

Also, [people in] Assualt sucks. It's quickly becoming my least favorite mode.

There will be 3 things to buy from each pantheon, if you buy the 3 you get a free chest.

If you reach a certain number of stuff bought in general (the first is at 6) you also win some exclusive.. thing.

Indignate

Yeah, sucks to see that they did it mainly to deal with Osiris, who now just has to rush Executioner and still be effective, while Kali kind of falls off instead.

Indignate

Assault is the worst game mode to go into without being stacked.

It's already pretty random in if you'll get skilled teammates like every other mode, but on top of that, it's random on whether or not your teammates even know their Gods.

It used to be my favorite too.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Great games last night Osirisblack and Bamelin; you guys are a blast to play with :)
Yea I look forward to playing with you guys always fun.

Qin's price hike hurts Kali so bad, out of everyone lol.

Cabrakan looks really cool.

Osiris also got an attack speed nerf I played with him for a couple of hours on the PTS and it only really hurts his camp clear early game The price of qin's just means im much more aggressive early to get a pretty decent gold lead to finish qin's. This actually is going to make Osiris and Kali play much more aggressively early on.

As far as Cabrakan I played with him for a long spell yesterday and his kit is lacking. Not sure exactly whats wrong with him but his damage is laughably low on everything that he does and getting a kill with full magic power gear was almost impossible. Building him as full tank makes him just that there is never a time where he feels like a threat. He ran up on me when I was on Thanatos and I just turned around and blew him up. This was a full build level 20 Cabrakan ....something about him just feels off.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
This actually is going to make Osiris and Kali play much more aggressively early on.

Unfortunately, Kali's early game is pretty rough as it is. Low physical power and her kit is lacking any real significant damage. She simply doesn't offer enough until Qin's are online.

FireSol

Had awesome games with Bamelin. 2 last Arena games was extremely close, but FUN! Full assasin teams is the pain in the ass its impossible to tank THAT amount of damage

I really think Kabra is very mediocre. What would I pick him and not, for example Ymir?
-Ymir is a bit more tanky in hp.
-His stun is 2.25 secs instead of the maximum of 2secs of Kabra, it's more consistent because lots of time Kabra won't have the 2 charged up for the 1 sec stun, on average he stuns more people because the range is a bit better and Kabra 1's stun only affect one person, and it's cheaper because you use 1 ability instead of 2 to do it.
-His damage in his basic combo is a bit higher at 370+70% of glacial strike + 210+50% of freeze, vs 290+275+50% on both in Kabra's 1+2.
-Hit ult has a much bigger AoE range and it does three times as much damage (even if you activate it earlier, I think he still will win).
-But he doesn't create a wall with the ult... oh wait, if you like creating walls, you can do it much more with Ymir's wall!

The only parts where Kabra wins is:
-His 1 has a nice movement speed buff, which is the weak point of Ymir. But you can always buy Sprint3 or whatever.
-the tremors ability which is pretty cool, big area with soft CC effect and damage, which combined with someone else doing a stun or a root to the enemy can be very nice. But even then there is fair amount of drawbacks: he is very vulnerable to enemies just attacking outside of range, Ao planting a tornado in the center, He Bo knocking him up and interrupting the channeling, Hunters filling him with holes, etc. It's a slow method to clear waves and jungle, as it needs several seconds to apply enough damage, and in the very early game the enemy can put a feet inside and you will eat the aggro of the wave.

I have positive stats with Guardians, Geb, Ymir, Sobek, Bacchus, etc and right now I'm failing pretty hard with him.

Liberty4all

Banned
Had awesome games with Bamelin. 2 last Arena games was extremely close, but FUN! Full assasin teams is the pain in the ass its impossible to tank THAT amount of damage

Close Arena games (within 5 - 10 points) are the best experience you can have in this game IMHO.

Amneisac

So how many of you all play Siege? I really prefer it to Conquest, because the conquest games are so long. I also think the siege towers add a neat extra layer of strategy. I am getting a little burned out on Arena and facing Loki, Serqet and Ao Kuang for the 500th time.

Liberty4all

Banned
So how many of you all play Siege? I really prefer it to Conquest, because the conquest games are so long. I also think the siege towers add a neat extra layer of strategy. I am getting a little burned out on Arena and facing Loki, Serqet and Ao Kuang for the 500th time.

I play Arena and Assault most of the time. Occasionally I'll sprinkle in Siege. I avoid Conquest like the plague.

Tabby

I prefer it when Seige was 5 v 5, it's still fun though.
I mainly play Seige, Joust and Assault.

Dunlop

I play Arena and Assault most of the time. Occasionally I'll sprinkle in Siege. I avoid Conquest like the plague.

I came in new to MOBA and only did Conquest, now I am in the same boat and just run Arena and Assault.

The chat in Conquest generally makes MMO general chats look mature, it's embarassing

I'm playing Siege a lot. I like the idea of lane fighting, pushing and ganking, but there is less stress than in comparison full Conquest, Siege feels more casual.

U2NUMB

I'm playing Siege a lot. I like the idea of lane fighting, pushing and ganking, but there is less stress than in comparison full Conquest, Siege feels more casual.

So what is Seige? I have not played it yet.. stuck at work so just curious how it is different than conquest? All I have played is Arena and Assault but having another mode where people do not always rage would be nice.

Tabby

So what is Seige? I have not played it yet.. stuck at work so just curious how it is different than conquest? All I have played is Arena and Assault but having another mode where people do not always rage would be nice.
It's like conquest but there's only 2 lanes with a jungle separating the lanes.
There's a bar on the side that goes up with each creep kill and player kill, when it reaches 100 it'll spawn a siege tower that'll yknow, siege.

-2 lanes instead of 3.
-4 players instead of 5 (so usually no jungler role, also there are less jungle camps).
-No Fire Giant or Gold Fury, but a Siege monster in the middle of the map. When you kill him a siege tower spawns (a super tough creep) in your base and advances in a lane.
-Also, you win tickets killing creeps and stuff, each time you get up to 100 another allied siege tower appears.

U2NUMB

-2 lanes instead of 3.
-4 players instead of 5 (so usually no jungler role, also there are less jungle camps).
-No Fire Giant or Gold Fury, but a Siege monster in the middle of the map. When you kill him a siege tower spawns (a super tough creep) in your base and advances in a lane.
-Also, you win tickets killing creeps and stuff, each time you get up to 100 another allied siege tower appears.

It's like conquest but there's only 2 lanes with a jungle separating the lanes.
There's a bar on the side that goes up with each creep kill and player kill, when it reaches 100 it'll spawn a siege tower that'll yknow, siege.

Thanks for the info... so I assume the hard core players stay away? Seems like a fun gametype.. not as much worry about what type of God you pick as long as you have a variety I would assume.

I shall check it out!

Aaron

You still want a mage and hunter, but the final two roles can be any one of assassin, warrior, or guardian. If you double up the roles, you'll be at a disadvantage.

I really think Kabra is very mediocre. What would I pick him and not, for example Ymir?
-Ymir is a bit more tanky in hp.
-His stun is 2.25 secs instead of the maximum of 2secs of Kabra, it's more consistent because lots of time Kabra won't have the 2 charged up for the 1 sec stun, on average he stuns more people because the range is a bit better and Kabra 1's stun only affect one person, and it's cheaper because you use 1 ability instead of 2 to do it.
-His damage in his basic combo is a bit higher at 370+70% of glacial strike + 210+50% of freeze, vs 290+275+50% on both in Kabra's 1+2.
-Hit ult has a much bigger AoE range and it does three times as much damage (even if you activate it earlier, I think he still will win).
-But he doesn't create a wall with the ult... oh wait, if you like creating walls, you can do it much more with Ymir's wall!

The only parts where Kabra wins is:
-His 1 has a nice movement speed buff, which is the weak point of Ymir. But you can always buy Sprint3 or whatever.
-the tremors ability which is pretty cool, big area with soft CC effect and damage, which combined with someone else doing a stun or a root to the enemy can be very nice. But even then there is fair amount of drawbacks: he is very vulnerable to enemies just attacking outside of range, Ao planting a tornado in the center, He Bo knocking him up and interrupting the channeling, Hunters filling him with holes, etc. It's a slow method to clear waves and jungle, as it needs several seconds to apply enough damage, and in the very early game the enemy can put a feet inside and you will eat the aggro of the wave.

I have positive stats with Guardians, Geb, Ymir, Sobek, Bacchus, etc and right now I'm failing pretty hard with him.

I've managed to pull him two times in Assault and I have to agree. Not a fan of his at the moment. His kit is just seriously lacking in some areas and "What were you thinking?" in others.

He can't really initiate. Even with Blink, what are you going to do? Get a 1 second stun on a single target? Hope you have the 5 stacks or nothing on your 2 that has a pathetic amount of range? It's pretty pointless.

His 3 is interesting but the only time I've found it useful was to clear waves when none of the enemy was around, or activating it in the center of a confusing team fight to add the little damage I can. Any other situation and I get lit up (first match was against a Poseidon and Ao so you can imagine how that went) and the fact that it can be interrupted makes it even more useless (second match had He Bo who would just water spout me out of it any time I tried it).

His Ult would be cool if it had better range and the walls weren't pathetically weak. Half the time I threw them up they'd almost instantly be cleared by the enemy and it doesn't help that I contribute to it with my own damage.

Even his passive is pretty useless in the scheme of things.

So I don't know what they need to do, but they need to buff him hard. His 1 should either have no movement penalty for the first AA or add some protection or something. His 2's stun should be scalable instead of being 5 stacks or nothing and maybe should have better range. His 3 needs to be uninterruptible and probably add protections against Gods affected. His Ult's walls should be a lot stronger and maybe have more range. I think maybe even switching his 4 and 3 would make sense. Make his wall ult his 3, and just lower the amount of walls that spring up. Make his 3 the Ult and add protection, CC immunity, and cripple everyone affected.

Semblance

Cabrakan almost feels half finished. There's some cool ideas in there but yeah. Dude's 3 is hysterical though, gotta say. One of the funniest / goofiest looking abilities in the game.

Also free gems this Sunday, in case anyone didn't hear. 40 per first win of the day.

Phades

Cabrakan almost feels half finished. There's some cool ideas in there but yeah. Dude's 3 is hysterical though, gotta say. One of the funniest / goofiest looking abilities in the game.

Also free gems this Sunday, in case anyone didn't hear. 40 per first win of the day.
Yeah, his 3 is like some weird hybrid between bacchus ult and hades pull. If i could just run straight out of it, I'd avoid a lot more of the damage. His ult though, is even weirder given the interactions between it and NPCs along with his own skill sets damaging them.

If they procced a gib/explosion effect like hade's #3, i think that would make it feel more like an ult and less like a weird ymir wall cross posiedon wave. Although with a gib effect, he might be too deadly.

Semblance

I've been seeing so many trolls and assholes lately. Really doesn't feel like reporting does anything.

Korten

Banned
Probably just me complaining or whining but does anyone else feel like gods like Poseidon and Au Kaung are just... To easy to use for their levels of dominance? It's like there's no effort needed to do amazing as them.

Probably just me complaining or whining but does anyone else feel like gods like Poseidon and Au Kaung are just... To easy to use for their levels of dominance? It's like there's no effort needed to do amazing as them.

They're definitely both on the easy side. Personally I don't have any problems with Pos, but Ao is basically TornadoTornadoTornado all day. Curious if they adjust his kit at all when he becomes Kukulcan.

Au does have one of the hardest Ults in the game, however. It is very difficult to land.

Xyber

Au does have one of the hardest Ults in the game, however. It is very difficult to land.

But when you do nail it perfectly in a teamfight it's so satisfying. Got 3 double kills with it in a conquest game yesterday.

The free gems got me 2 chests today, got Isis and Poseidon voice packs, don't really play either of them.. :(

It's only a little difficult. Bee Man's stinger is much harder. Au isn't easy mode though. I've seen plenty of inexperienced players just eat dirt with him.

Exactly. He requires finesse. You cant just make a beeline to enemy gods to try and drop tornadoes. Most experienced players will see you and dodge it easily. He also has no escapes, and his speed boost only helps if you don't get stunned, rooted, or mezzed.

And today the professional league starts.

splweek1-overview.png

After Dignitas sudden transformation and looking more to cheer for Cog, I also liked Andi's jungle style over Lass.

Top Bottom