• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Played an arena as Ullr last night, what a fun hero. Stance swapping comes natural to me as I played a warrior in WoW pvp for a while, and his ability kit is really nice.

Found a nice guide that captures some of the experience (while I wasn't able to land the rain of arrows yet, the other tips all kind of came naturally): http://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/talgors-diamond-level-ullr-arena-build-5-7-14-4403

Thanks for the link. Ullr is probably my worst god at the moment. I am extremely awkward with him.

dmosher

Thanks for the link. Ullr is probably my worst god at the moment. I am extremely awkward with him.

Yeah, I only started playing a week ago so I'm pretty new to _all_ the gods. There are a number of great guides at SmiteFire so I've been forming the habit of looking there first if I have a match with a god that goes horribly wrong.

Knew it was going to happen eventually. I'm pretty excited to try it even if I'll still primarily play on PC. I'm curious about the details though like whether or not your account is cross platform or not. They did confirm on Reddit that the servers will be separate.

Zukuu

Banned
was hoping for all consoles but its a start
I think it will be.

Smite has never got me interested on PC, but for consoles? Color my interest piqued. I dunno why, but somehow it looks appealing to play a moba on console. The game looks perfect for it. I may try it out. Also already saw a hero that looks like I so gonna main him. He threw his sword and pulled himself to it. Did a 360 slice afterwards.

I think it will be.

Smite has never got me interested on PC, but for consoles? Color my interest piqued. I dunno why, but somehow it looks appealing to play a moba on console. The game looks perfect for it. I may try it out. Also already saw a hero that looks like I so gonna main him. He threw his sword and pulled himself to it. Did a 360 slice afterwards.

Tyr, norse god.

was hoping for all consoles but its a start
I assumed it was going to be PS4 first due to that Erez tease a while back but it makes more sense to do X1 first the more I think about it. Tencent is going to have a large presence on X1 for the China release so it's only natural they'd want them to prioritize that one.

Tabby

Of all the mobas that exist, Smite seems like one of the few that would work well on a console.

Also, any tips on playing Hel?

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Of all the mobas that exist, Smite seems like one of the few that would work well on a console.

Also, any tips on playing Hel?

cdr with some tank items and a rod of asclepius for bonus healing

edit: shoes of focus, breastplate of valor, rod of asclepius, hide of the urchin, rod of tahuti then like a bancrofts talon or a polynomicon

U2NUMB

I am certainly excited to play it on console BUT.. I need to be able to use one account for both.. not gonna re-buy everything just for console.

Dunlop

I am so sad it wasn't a PS4 announcement.

me too.

I'm getting interested in the XB1 but it would be at the expense of my PS4. After owning a PS3/360 last gen I realized how it was not worth it for me as 90% + is the same game library.

I find it funny out of all the announcements today, Smite is the thing I am most interested in lol

Liberty4all

Banned
me too.

I'm getting interested in the XB1 but it would be at the expense of my PS4. After owning a PS3/360 last gen I realized how it was not worth it for me as 90% + is the same game library.

I find it funny out of all the announcements today, Smite is the thing I am most interested in lol

I basically feel the same.

edit: Also servers down right now grr

Liberty4all

Banned
Mind sending bleeb a clan invite.

So wierd, we gamed together for 3 years straight in a Planetside Outfit alliance .... you know how MMO's go, especially those with PvP. ... this was almost 8 years ago. Tonight I'm in a random match and he's like "Are you Bamelin from PS? I used to go by Immanuel".

Out of hundreds of thousands of players in the world it blows my mind that would happen. Anyways I pointed him in NeoGAF's direction, he's registering. In the meantime is it ok if we take him in?

Phades

Mind sending bleeb a clan invite.

So wierd, we gamed together for 3 years straight in a Planetside Outfit alliance .... you know how MMO's go, especially those with PvP. ... this was almost 8 years ago. Tonight I'm in a random match and he's like "Are you Bamelin from PS? I used to go by Immanuel".

Out of hundreds of thousands of players in the world it blows my mind that would happen. Anyways I pointed him in NeoGAF's direction, he's registering. In the meantime is it ok if we take him in?

The number of notable competitive online players is just a small handfull of folks compared to the larger base of more casual folks. So, if you did something that was worth remembering and they are someone similar, fair odds you will cross in another game if you get around enough.

Patch notes Friday at 4pm EST. Arachne rework confirmed for next week. Ao Kuang confirmed for Sun Wukong treatment with Kukulcan replacing him. Not sure if that's coming next week as well or if he's getting replaced before getting reworked (I would assume he is).

EDIT: Content reveal supposed to happen on Kelly's stream going on right now as well.

EDIT2: It was just a silhouette tease of Cabrakan.

al775lT.png

Phades

I hope they don't mess with AO's VP and skill set.

Unless he keeps "a mighty storm" skill, I have a feeling it is going the way of nu wa for the VP.

AO is getting a new kit entirely. His old kit is going to kukulcan, whenever he is getting released. Allegedly a different mayan god is up before him though being teased already.

Phades

It would be funny if they gave him the "Ra 'merica" dude-bro treatment and be all muscled out and all that jazz to be more "faithful" to the original lore.

read not at all faithful similar to nu wa

Liberty4all

Banned
From what I understand these replace the current legendary skins.

Current (gold/black) Legendary skins will be available at Mastery 5 for 15k favour. Gold skins (blue/gold) will still be available at Mastery 1 for 15k favour. Diamond skin at Mastery 10 will be free.

If you currently own a Legendary skin you won't have to pay for it come patch day.

I'd like a gaf clan invite. I'm kind of just getting into the game and have mostly been playing coop to get the hang of it. Smite name is the same as gaf name.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
New emotes are gonna be put into that treasure chest, apparently. Not really sure how I feel about that thing anymore. There's a lot of trashy skins and voice packs I'd never pay money for in Smite, don't want to end up with Alienware Ra or cowgirl Artemis or w/e when something I inevitably do want ends up exclusive to that chest.

gogosox82

I am so sad it wasn't a PS4 announcement.

Same. Not going to get a PS4 and XBone when they mostly have the same games.

Patch notes Friday at 4pm EST. Arachne rework confirmed for next week. Ao Kuang confirmed for Sun Wukong treatment with Kukulcan replacing him. Not sure if that's coming next week as well or if he's getting replaced before getting reworked (I would assume he is).

EDIT: Content reveal supposed to happen on Kelly's stream going on right now as well.

EDIT2: It was just a silhouette tease of Cabrakan.

Arachne? Is that the spider god? Is she bad or something b/c I've never seen anyone play her unless she's in the free rotation. Never tried her myself.

Also what is happening with Ao Kuang? What's the Sun Wukong treatment? If they are getting rid of him, that kinds sucks since I liked his abilities.

Edit: Nevermind answered above but holy shit smite looked way different back in the day.

Also, here's Cabrakan in game:

Is Hi-Rez committing into that "head way too small for the body" thing now? First that Hercules redesign, then the Derpules skin (which, granted, was a joke, but still), now this.

Arachne? Is that the spider god? Is she bad or something b/c I've never seen anyone play her unless she's in the free rotation. Never tried her myself.

Also what is happening with Ao Kuang? What's the Sun Wukong treatment? If they are getting rid of him, that kinds sucks since I liked his abilities.

Yes, Arachne is pretty bad.

And no, they're not getting rid of him. The Sun Wukong treatment is as following - original Sun Wukong was not very conform with the lore, so in order not to entirely lose it, they gave his kit to Hun Batz, who replaced him. They removed old Sun Wukong and reworked him into his current form.
They're planning to do the same with Ao Kuang - his current kit is going to be inherited by the Mayan god Kukulcan, and Ao Kuang himself is going to get removed until they re-release him with a new design and kit.

From Reddit: The details on what they're doing with emotes.

Good feedback. We will start with the following (or something close to it).

Clap - 50 Gems or 2,375 Favor

Wave - 50 Gems or 2,375 Favor

Frustration - 50 Gems or 2,375 Favor

Dance - 200 Gems

Special - 200 Gems

There will be a chance to roll a Dance or Special Emote in the current Treasure Chest, but if you roll that you will also get a Booster (similar to Voice Packs).

Note: The current Treasure Chest as setup will not last forever and will likely be replaced over time by different chests with different content, just to mix things up.

FireSol

I understand that Im far from good in Smite, but in full defence Athena build I, almost over damaged hunters from my team 0_0
de482c412487.png

The new god

Passive is a small damage reduction aura for allies
1 is a speed buff with a small stun for your next basic attack
2 is smallish cone attack/stun, it's also a second passive where you win more protections, but the amount of protections diminish as you receive consecutive basic attacks, up to 5 attacks then after a few seconds it resets
3 is the channeled AOE ability with low damage, and causes soft CC.
4 does aoe damage in a smalish area and creates a curved wall in there, formed of 5 small wall sections that have a long duration but can they have hp bars and can be destroyed.

Phades

The new god
[...]
4 does aoe damage in a smalish area and creates a curved wall in there, formed of 5 small wall sections that have a long duration but can they have hp bars and can be destroyed.

Does this mean minions/towers will attempt to beat down the wall? In which way will this be more effective than Ymir's/Thor's wall? They are both simply tools to force time loss in motion around them after all...

dmosher

I understand that Im far from good in Smite, but in full defence Athena build I, almost over damaged hunters from my team 0_0

I think I found my new favorite arena hero in Athena; great initiation and her taunt synergizes as a great aoe lockdown initiator for so many other teammates.

Top Bottom