• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
arachne spoils looks like she has a web wall and can climb on ceilings/ walls?
BwJFsPpIYAA336F.png:large

Indignate

Looks like she has a jump attack with that. I wonder if you can move along the walls or just position yourself on one.

She goes invisible in the web.

Just like Broodmother.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
could of made it so she spans web across the roof of the lane to run along but that might be a little cheap with no way to get her down unless they are going to give all gods brooms to smack her with

edit: yeah i have no idea how her wall will work thinking it will just be like a slow or a stun if you run into it

Phades

could of made it so she spans web across the roof of the lane to run along but that might be a little cheap with no way to get her down unless they are going to give all gods brooms to smack her with

Rolled up newspaper. Also effective with various dogs and cats in the game.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Man, going invisible in her web like Broodmother would be fucking crazy lol. I don't even wanna know how Hi-Rez would attempt to balance that out.

Wonder if they're throwing out her current kit entirely or keeping anything, with some tweaks.

Aaron

Even though it's a rare ability, I don't like how invis is currently handled in Smite. If Loki gets a little advantage early on, he becomes a complete bastard.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
was doing some fun smurf games as loki mid he gets pretty stupid cheap if you start off with a blink and vanish new players do not know how to handle it

Phades

Well handling it in that instance equates out to not being tied up by a support unit or actively evading a heavy DD and having a team mate react fast enough to loki's ult to try and deny the kill. Short of stunning loki, nothing is giong to stop him from combat blinking out.

I finished my Skyrim binge and I'm back to playing Smite. Jesus I'm rusty.

Who are the flavor of the month gods right now? Is Scylla still in every match? How about Bastet? And how is that Rama god? He had just came out when I stopped playing regularly. I generally like playing hunters and he seemed good.

Semblance

That was like June or so, right?

Mercury and Nu Wa are absurdly popular, but there's a lot of common gods right now that people get worked up over. Scylla got some nerfs and I guess the community thought she was butchered or something, because her popularity took a noticeable hit. Her damage is still all there though, she'll be trendy again sooner or later. Bastet got some nerfs too, is still good, is still a little popular. Rama's considered pretty solid. If you like hunters, you'll probably take to him. Heavy Hammer starts for supports is hilarious / annoying. Qin's got a price increase. Cabrakan was a letdown. Arachne's getting a rework very shortly. Nemesis still strongest waifu.

That serpent/dragon looks awesome. Is he replacing Ao Kuang like Hun Batz replaced SWK?

Edit — Nevermind, just saw this explanation on reddit:

The Ao Kuang to Kukulkan Scenario for those who are still in the dark. said:
The scenario is this. Ao Kuang is getting the "Sun Wukong to Hun Batz treatment".

For those who weren't around when this happen, there was a God called "Sun Wukong" from early in the game that was converted into Hun Batz, by which I mean SWK became Hun Batz and Hun inherited old SWK's kit with a new name and model. At a later point Sun Wukong was re-released as the current incarnation.

This is what is happening to Ao Kuang. He is being converted in Kukulkan, Kukulkan will have current Ao's kit, and Ao is being re-released as a new god later down the line.

Now, to the finicky stuff. Similar to "SWK to Hun", masteries will carry over to the new god. That is, if you have mastered Ao, you have mastered Kukulkan. Plain and simple. This goes for the voice pack and skins too.

Now from Archov's comments earlier this week, Ao's original voice pack is being preserved in the "Sacred Dragon" skin that Kukulkan is inheriting. So we can keep the CELEBRATION going!

This should clear some things up so people are clear on this situation.

Cheers :D

So the answer is yes. Sweet! I wonder what the new Ao Kuang will look like?

Double Edit — For those of us who missed the Arachne rework video yesterday, here's some gifs and explanations (found on reddit):
(Triple edit — Removed the gifs because they were huge, put them as links instead)

New basic attack chain

New ability #1: A steroid for one basic hit and you get healed from it. Lasts 4/5 seconds before expiring. Applies a Damage over Time buff.

New ability #2: Grants attack speed. 5 second timer. Third hit of the attack puts them in a cocoon. You need to hit all three attacks on an enemy for it to cocoon. It stuns.

New ability #3: Creates a wall of web. You can have at least 2 out at a time. If an enemy runs through the web, it slows them and spawns broodlings. If an enemy runs through the web, the enemy "drags" the web forward along the floor. If Arachne gets on the web, she moves faster. If an enemy jumps/teleports etc. out of the web, it is planned to break it. You also have visibility of the enemy when the broodlings spawn. The walls cannot be destroyed at present, but it will be removed after a timer. Currently set at "minutes". You can put two webs on-top of each other to get double the broodlings, but they don't stack the slow. The attack works on minions too.

New Ultimate ability: You climb on top of the screen for the duration of your ultimate on a web in the sky. The duration is currently 8 seconds. You are CC immune as you're on the ceiling. When deployed, she pounces from the ceiling onto the target, dealing damage on the landing. The ultimate does not ignore collision (you cannot walk through walls - you can pounce (when the ultimate is activated again) through them). Used as an escape and an initiate. She will be able to activate abilities whilst on the ceiling. It doesn't count for your 2nd abilities hit counter when the attack lands. You can still take damage whilst in your ultimate with a DoT attack or something similar. You can't blink in your ultimate (well, you shouldn't be able to).

Can't cross walls but can pounce over.

http://forums.smitegame.com/showthr...-2014-The-Winds-of-Change&p=128043#post128043
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zwNkn9R4FVqvEuvd-qJMFfehFOVgFGlD5MGy8SvlzWg/pub

Three new gods (Odin, Arachne and Cabra, as I waiting to master him until he was better :p), new items, some good balance like Guan Yu, new UI, Pixel Buster Freya skin, I'm hyped for this patch.

And if anything, Odin seems a very good warrior. And Arachne maybe OP.

Balance

Items

Wards / Sentry Wards

Sounds on Ward Skins now only play on deploy and death.
Wards and Sentry Wards can now only be hit by basic attacks, and always take 3 hits to destroy.

Bulwark of Hope

Fixed an issue that caused Bulwark’s passive to trigger on respawn, if purchased while dead.

New Items:

Odysseus's Bow

+40% Attack Speed. Passive: Every basic attack has a 25% chance to trigger chain lighting, damaging the target and up to 4 nearby enemies for 30 damage +50% of your total physical power. This cannot trigger more than once every 1s. Cost: 2300.
This item extends off of Balanced Blade.

Imperial Helmet

+10 Magical Power, +10 Physical Protection. Cost: 750.
This is a new Tier 1 item tree.

Jade Mountain Helm

+20 Magical Power, +20 Physical Protection. Cost: 1250.
This is a new Tier 2 item in the Imperial Helmet tree.

Dynasty Plate Helm

+30 Magical Power, +30 Physical Protection. Passive: You gain 15 Magical Penetration. Cost: 1900.
This is a new Tier 3 item in the Imperial Helmet tree.

Celestial Legion Helm

+40 Magical Damage, +50 Physical Protection. Passive: If you are crit, you cannot be crit again for the next 3s, and gain 40 magical power. Cannot activate more than once every 20s. Cost: 3150.
This is a new Tier 3 item in the Imperial Helmet tree.

Gods - Balance/Updates/Fixes

Ah Muzen Cab

Hive

Hives no longer provide lifesteal to enemies who attack them.

Aphrodite

Kiss

This ability now has a 3s cooldown if it hits a friendly target, rather than no cooldown at all.

Cabrakan

General

Increased base movement speed from 360 to 365.

Refraction Shield

This ability has been changed to gain protections on each hit, rather than remove them. 4/5/6/7/8 per stack, max 5 stacks. Stacks are reset after 8s, or upon use of the active part of this ability.
This ability no longer gives passive protections.
Base damage increased from 90/140/190/240/290 to 90/160/200/260/330.

Tremors

Magical Power scaling increased from 25% to 35%
Fixed an issue that caused the animation for Tremors to end without the ability being canceled.

Tectonic Shift

Walls no longer have health, but instead take 2/3/4/5/6 hits for enemies to destroy. Walls can now only be destroyed by basic attacks.
Base damage increased from 100/200/250/300/350 to 150/250/350/450/550.

Chang’e

Jade Rabbit

Fixed an issue which caused him to be missing from the minimap. Silly Rabbit.

Freya

General

Spent some time at the orthodontist and plastic surgeon.

Guan Yu

Conviction

Reduced cooldown from 14 to 10s.
Reduced mana cost from 60/70/80/90/100 to 60/65/70/75/80.
This ability no longer provides protections.

Taolu Assault

Physical and Magical protection debuff increased from 3/4/5/6/7 to 2/4/6/8/10.
This ability now (or once again) steals physical and magical protections per hit, granting the protections to Guan Yu, at the same rate as the protections debuff.

He Bo

Water Cannon

Base damage reduced from 90/145/200/255/310 to 90/140/190/240/290.

Waterspout

This ability no longer slows when it knocks up enemies.

Hercules

Mitigate Wounds

Damage returned as healing reduced from 30/50/70/90/110% to 30/45/60/75/90%.

Kali

Lash

Damage increased from 30/40/50/60/70 to 35/45/55/65/75 per Blade.

Destruction

Damage increased from 20/25/30/35/40 to 25/30/35/40/45 per tick.

Nu Wa

Mysterious Fog

Base Damage lowered from 50/100/150/200/250 to 50/75/100/125/150.

Fire Shards

No longer deals damage to players who were dead when Nu Wa activated the ability, but respawned before damage was dealt.

Rama

Astral Barrage

Fixed an issue that caused the camera to stay zoomed in after coming down from the sky.

Scylla

General

Fixed an issue where her dogs were missing from her lobby animations.

Sun Wukong

Somersault Cloud

Fixed an issue which caused jumping from your cloud onto an enemy to activate the CC protections of Magi’s Blessing.

Gods

Arachne

General

Arachne has had her kit redesigned, to better fulfill her role as an Assassin.

Predator (Passive)

Arachne's basic attacks gain 1.5% physical damage for every 5% of a target's missing health.

Venomous Bite

Upon activation, Arachne's next basic attack within 5s does an additional 50/80/110/140/170 +40% of her Physical Power as damage, and infects the target with Venom, dealing an additional 10/20/30/40/50 +10% of her Physical Power as damage every 0.5s for 3s, and healing Arachne the same amount. Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11s. Cost: 60/65/70/75/80.

Cocoon

Arachne spindles her webbing, and her next 3 successful basic attacks within 6s are executed with 30/40/50/60/70% increased attack speed. If all three attacks hit the same target, that target is wrapped in a Cocoon and stunned for 1/1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4s. Cooldown: 15s. Cost: 70.

Web

Arachne spins a wall of web. Enemies who pass through and break the web are slowed 25% for 4/4.5/5/5.5/6s, revealed to Arachne for the duration, and leave a trail of web behind them that increases Arachne's movement speed and makes her immune to Slows. Breaking the web also spawns 2 Broodling Spiders, which deal 20/30/40/50/60 damage per hit. Arachne can have 2 walls active at a time, and they expire when broken or after 4min. Cooldown: 18s. Cost: 50/55/60/65/70.

Night Crawler

Arachne flips up to her infinite web, hanging upside down above the lane and increasing her movement speed by 40% for 5s. She may leap off the web to deal 150/250/350/450/550 +100% of her Physical Power as damage to all enemies in the target area. Cooldown: 90/85/80/75/70s. Cost: 100.

Odin

General

Odin has had part of his kit redesigned, to help him better fulfill his role as a Warrior. Many of his base stats have been adjusted.

The Allfather (Passive)

If an enemy dies in Odin's Ring of Spears, Odin permanently gains 5 physical power. This can stack up to 10 times.

Lunge

Odin lunges to his target location, doing 140/180/220/260/300 +40% of his physical power to all nearby enemies. Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11s. Cost: 45/50/55/60/65.

Raven Shout

Odin summons a flock of Ravens that create a shield around him that blocks damage equal to 100/175/250/325/400 +50% of his Physical Power for 4s. When the shield expires it explodes outward, dealing damage to nearby enemies based on how much health it had remaining. If the shield is at full health, it deals an additional 25% bonus damage. The shield will not expire while Odin is using Lunge, and will detonate upon landing from Lunge. Cooldown: 15s. Cost: 50/55/60/65/70.

Gungnir's Might

Odin does a sweeping spear attack that hits twice dealing 35/50/65/80/95 +30% of his physical power as damage and slows enemies 40% for 2/2.2/2.4/2.6/2.8s on the first hit. Cooldown: 10s. Cost: 70.

Ring of Spears

Odin summons a wall of spears that blocks his and enemy movement, but allies may move freely through. It does not block attacks. Enemies inside the ring have their attack speed lowered by 20/30/40/50/60%, and have their healing reduced by 100%. Cooldown: 60s. Cost: 100.

Semblance

Wow I'm totally dumb. I just reread the Maelstrom item thing, I thought it gave physical power too. Oh well. Mega Woman skin is still awesome.

I am excited for this next patch. I will be getting Pixel Buster Freya day one. She was the first god I mastered. Also, I look forward to hearing Kakulkan's voicepack, which I will already have thanks to old Au.

Long live the Newdle!

Amneisac

I cannot solo queue in this game anymore. Just wanted to get some favor and my friends aren't on. Seriously, I understand not everyone is an MLG all star, but how am I consistently paired with such TERRIBLE players. It kills all the fun.

Tabby

I cannot solo queue in this game anymore. Just wanted to get some favor and my friends aren't on. Seriously, I understand not everyone is an MLG all star, but how am I consistently paired with such TERRIBLE players. It kills all the fun.

It's not just that.
The other day I played aram and I got queued up against a full 5 premade while my team was just full of randoms.
Needless to say it wasn't very fun.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Messing around on the PTS and both Arachne and Odin are entirely too strong at the moment. Odins early damage is higher than anyone else in the game he can drop anyone from full to dead starting at level 2 absolutely absurd damage. Arachne is terrifying now..... literally terrifying.

Strazyplus

It's not just that.
The other day I played aram and I got queued up against a full 5 premade while my team was just full of randoms.
Needless to say it wasn't very fun.

Sounds like SMGAF needs to unite and play together more often!

drotahorror

Messing around on the PTS and both Arachne and Odin are entirely too strong at the moment. Odins early damage is higher than anyone else in the game he can drop anyone from full to dead starting at level 2 absolutely absurd damage. Arachne is terrifying now..... literally terrifying.

Really? I couldn't get a good feel for Arachne, wasn't diggin her at all. New Odin on the otherhand was awesome. His 1, 2 combo is sick.

Aww man, right when I'm getting back into Smite my GPU decides to take a giant dump. It's barely over a year old, MSI better exchange it for a new one...

Indignate

Buying a voice pack for a character gets you all voice packs for that character, correct?

Am I allowed to choose which voice pack I hear?

Cuz goddamn that one is so horrendous.

Semblance

1) Yes 2) No

Her normal VP is pretty bad in its own right, honestly. Freya can't win there.

1) Yes 2) No

Her normal VP is pretty bad in its own right, honestly. Freya can't win there.

Actually you can. There is a drop bar right above the skin selection. You can choose the default, skin, or God.

Also, I love the pixelbuster skin. Freya is the first god I mastered, and is my most played.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
dat match making tho just made a smurf to play cabrakan because i havnt really played him yet just one practice when he came out but holy shit first match with a fresh account and it puts me against a team thats full of god level 6 and 7 people they all had to be account level 25+ what the hell happened to the match making hirez

After a few days of no PC gaming I couldn't take it anymore and busted out my old college laptop. It has a GPU so it can run Smite, just on the lowest video settings. But that's better than nothing. I played an Arena match and I was pissed because the whole time I had like 10-15 fps and it was just almost unplayable. Thankfully I was playing Ao Kukulkan so I was at least able to place tornadoes whirlwinds on the minions and keep the waves cleared for my team. I exited the game afterward and wrote this rant on r/Smite about how Hi-Rez made the game too hard to run on low-end computers now (since it used to run fine), and then a light bulb went off in my head.

My laptop has switchable graphics and it was running on the power-saver mode with the integrated graphics instead of my GPU. -_-

Thank god I thought of that before posting that thread.

dat match making tho just made a smurf to play cabraken because i havnt really played him yet just one practice when he came out but holy shit first match with a fresh account and it puts me against a team thats full of god level 6 and 7 people they all had to be account level 25+ what the hell happened to the match making hirez

Lol yeah they're having issues. But even before this patch, smurf accounts made the matchmaking so broken. I hadn't played in months so I hopped on an old low level account I had made to play with a friend who was new, and I could tell that a bunch of the people I was playing against were also smurfs. You can just tell by the way they utilize active items and counterbuild, and just in general by the skill they control their god with. You can also tell by the fact that they play a carry and go 15-1. I mean come on, at least play a god that you aren't very good with.

Valygar

I feel like both odin and arachne are a bit op now. I particularly hate Arachne's ulti even if it's not so different from Freya.

Since Odin's shield skill levels up to do so much damage, I've been upgrading that first for arena matches. It's incredible the amount of damage you do with that + jump, I ended being the one with most damage done while building a bit tanky.

I love Freya new skin particle effects but I hate the armor. It seems ridiculous and ugly. Am I alone in this?

I feel like both odin and arachne are a bit op now. I particularly hate Arachne's ulti even if it's not so different from Freya.

Since Odin's shield skill levels up to do so much damage, I've been upgrading that first for arena matches. It's incredible the amount of damage you do with that + jump, I ended being the one with most damage done while building a bit tanky.

I love Freya new skin particle effects but I hate the armor. It seems ridiculous and ugly. Am I alone in this?

Arachne Ult is better to escape (or to catch up to someone) as it also gives you a movement speed and a jump at the end. It covers more ground. But the Freya's wop is better as both defensive and offensive tool than Arachne's web, if you avoid it it's hard for Arachne to get a kill, if the enemy is smart.

Odin seems a bit gimmicky for me, it's his 1+2 combo all the time.

Top Bottom