• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Aaron

I find the new Arachne to be garbage in most modes. I liked the utility of the previous version. This new one is too focused on single target kills. Odin is pretty boss though.

Odin is the second warrior I've actually found fun to play. Herc is the other. Might be overtuned a bit, but I don't think much. I feel like a lot of his burst is avoidable, and so is his ult. Buy blink if you can't escape.

But what do I know, I'm still playing nothing but arena.

drotahorror

Every new or reworked god is autoban in league and SPL, it's the normal thing.

this

Does anyone know why my UI still looks like this? I'm not complaining but my buddy wants it to look like the old one as well and I can't figure it out.

9BGP91Q.jpg

On PTS it looked like the new UI.

The new UI should look like this :

F3Ra3vB.jpg

I'm trying to help my friend get rid of the party bar on the left side of screen (vertical bar) and he wants to move the item box (bottom left) back to the bottom right. I couldn't figure it out on PTS but I didn't spend much time looking either. And now that the patch is out I still have old remnants of the old UI. The only options I have turned off in the HUD is left alt and some other thing from the bottom right.

fuzaco

Go to the HUD editor, there choose Team Display and choose Original instead of Alternate. Then go to Item Display, and unmark Hide HUD Element. On Stats Display choose Stat Only instead of Stat & Item.

Aaron

Why do matches start if someone drops out?

Make these safe to leave please.
Depends when the person drops. If it's still in god selection, the match is cancelled.

Also, I'm not sure there's any penalty for abandoning considering how much I still see it.

Xyber

thought you could f6 once you have someone d/c didnt they add that like 2 patches ago?

I think it was that if someone votes no so the vote fails and then leaves, it will then surrender automatically (or allow you to vote again).

I've only had it happen 1 time, so I'm not completely sure that I'm remembering it correctly.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
whole surrender system needs a full look at imo anyway theres times where it should just pop up on its own like when you are just getting destroyed if its 5 to 30 it should just pop up and be like "you are getting your shit kicked in do you want out of this baby seal clubing fest?"

Xyber

whole surrender system needs a full look at imo anyway theres times where it should just pop up on its own like when you are just getting destroyed if its 5 to 30 it should just pop up and be like "you are getting your shit kicked in do you want out of this baby seal clubing fest?"

I've been in games like that that we actually managed to turn around after a fairly long struggle. Having that pop up would probably make people want to surrender when they otherwise wouldn't even though there still a chance to make a comeback.

Although that rarely happens, but when it does it feels amazing.

I've been in games like that that we actually managed to turn around after a fairly long struggle. Having that pop up would probably make people want to surrender when they otherwise wouldn't even though there still a chance to make a comeback.

Although that rarely happens, but when it does it feels amazing.

This debate will go on forever. Dota 2 has no surrender system and a lot of people say it's because of Xyber's example. But the thing is, you have to have the right teammates to pull off a comeback. Because so many people would rather whine and flame their teammates and give up as soon as they start losing, rather than try to catch up. When you have players like that on your team it's hopeless, and there are a lot of players like that in MOBAs. (Kinda like the Ra on my Arena team this morning who got so mad when he kept charging the team 1 v 5 and dying because we wouldn't save him, so he started flaming us and intentionally feeding.) So that's why I'm glad Smite has a surrender option and I wish Dota 2 did too.

drotahorror

Starting to see a new trend that is really annoying me.

Basically in Siege 90% of the time people start speed/red. I usually go for speed first unless there's a merc on the team that wants it.

This week I've been duo q'ing with a friend, we kill speed, and then we go to blue buff. 9x outta 10 he plays a mage so he gets blue. 2 times this week our 'teammates' start yelling retreat retreat enemies incoming! So we start sort of backing off but still trying to get the buff kill in, and then our teammates roll by and steal the blue buff. Usually I'm tanking it and already have a buff so it's not like I can save it, and it's hard to contest it when there's 2 people body blocking my friend and trying to steal it.

So yeah basically my 'teammates' our stealing our lane's blue buff in Siege. It's getting annoying.

Xyber

This debate will go on forever. Dota 2 has no surrender system and a lot of people say it's because of Xyber's example. But the thing is, you have to have the right teammates to pull off a comeback. Because so many people would rather whine and flame their teammates and give up as soon as they start losing, rather than try to catch up. When you have players like that on your team it's hopeless, and there are a lot of players like that in MOBAs. (Kinda like the Ra on my Arena team this morning who got so mad when he kept charging the team 1 v 5 and dying because we wouldn't save him, so he started flaming us and intentionally feeding.) So that's why I'm glad Smite has a surrender option and I wish Dota 2 did too.

Yeah, there's both good and bad stuff that comes with having or not having it. For the most part it works good in Smite and I wouldn't mind if the option was there in Dota as well.

And as you say, it totally depends on the people you play with. I usually play with 3 other people and we mostly play Siege, so I don't have to deal with a lot of random people.

Indignate

I just want the ability to leave a game that someone did not connect to without receiving any negative marks.

I never want a surrender option in Dota. I'm probably fine with it in Smite because I don't play a ton of conquest.

Do you guys ever just have those really bad days? Days where like you're missing every other skill shot, or have so much bad luck (like getting body blocked while walking out of Hades' ult).

I played Herc and Janus today. I missed every Driving Strike and Portal, lol. Hilarious because this month I've been playing pretty well overall.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
lmao I did 60K damage on Scylla tonight in a conquest game and we still lost because our Artemis didn't know how to build and wouldn't accept advice. VVGT I guess.

Also, Scylla skin when? :[

Aaron

Vulcan needs a defense buff. Sure he's mage class, but his regular attack is melee, and he's made of paper. There's not enough armor to pile on him in the game to give him remotely decent sustain.

As a Chronos fan, I really wish they brought back Gem of Binding. Removing that item was a huge nerf to him. He's still good, but nowhere near as deadly as he used to be.

Also, what are your favorite assassins to use in Arena? I almost never seem to do very well with them. The combination of being melee and squishy does not go well when the enemies are constantly bunched up. But I see plenty of people absolutely wreck with assassins, so I'm starting to think I just suck.

Kali is the only one I can consistently do OK with. She has a stun and her ult + passive combo lets you go balls to the walls and get away with it.

I like Hun Batz for Arena because he has the best teamfight ult of all the assassins. However, I usually play with randoms so the backup is often not there — even when I use emotes and execute a perfect blink + ult into the middle of the enemy team, I end up dying because my teammates were too slow to follow up. So that's discouraging.

I just can't get the hang of Loki, and I've been playing him for a long time now. I go up against some amazing Loki players and I still don't understand how they do it. I spend the whole match looking for squishy or low HP enemies to separate from their team, and then I pounce and their teammates catch up and kill me. But the good Lokis can somehow avoid this fate.

Bastet is pretty cool. Honestly I kinda forgot about her until I made this post. I stopped playing her for a long time because when she was OP everyone picked her and I got tired of her. I'm gonna try playing her again.

I used to like using Arachne purely because her ult was hilarious and extremely satisfying to land, but now it's gone. I don't really like the new Arachne so far. She's an autoattack machine but that means that I run into the same usual assassin problem — I have to get close to attack and I end up getting CC/burst down by ranged gods. The same thing goes for Bakasura and Ne Zha.

As for the rest, let's see: I see Mercury a lot but I don't have much experience with him. The few times I played him I didn't do very well, but I was probably building him wrong. Serqet seems pretty cool, I'm interested in her. I hear her 1 is bugged right now though. I am absolutely terrible with Thanatos. I just don't like him. I'm still not used to Thor being classified as an assassin, but anyway I never owned him. He has that great stun and escape, so maybe I should try him out some more. And finally there's Fenrir. I almost never play him but when I did I felt like he fell off like crazy.

Also, what are your favorite assassins to use in Arena? I almost never seem to do very well with them.

Mostly Mercury. I just go deep into crits and spam 1. Catch stragglers with 3 and batter them with 2.

Other than that I'm the same, I see a ton of Thor players and they seem to be doing something right.

Phades

Mostly Mercury. I just go deep into crits and spam 1. Catch stragglers with 3 and batter them with 2.

Other than that I'm the same, I see a ton of Thor players and they seem to be doing something right.

Thor does need a distraction though, or he has to pretend he is a warrior instead of an assasin. Too much time spent being committed to a move with far less damage output compared to say thanatos for example.

Probably the easiest one to use/get away with being sloppy being bastet in arena. Loki can get dumpstered if folks pay attention along with serket and fenrir. Nemesis being great for duo burndown, but can get caught too.

I just find it funny when teams bring 2 or more assasins. I mean sure lots of damage potential, but which one of those folks plans on taking a hit exactly considering what mages do from range or what hunters pull off late game?

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
think thor still has his base stats from when he was a warrior dont think they changed anything with that so makes sense for people to still build him kinda tanky

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Vulcan needs a defense buff. Sure he's mage class, but his regular attack is melee, and he's made of paper. There's not enough armor to pile on him in the game to give him remotely decent sustain.

He needs his passive reworked into something useful. Right now it's like a cheap Heavy Hammer that doesn't reapply until a few seconds have passed. That or a nerf to his 1's damage scaling, with a larger distance kickback in return. Dude does a lot of damage but it never really matters because nine out of ten team fights start with him getting instagibbed. His kit is really cool but like damn.

Also, what are your favorite assassins to use in Arena? I almost never seem to do very well with them.

Well, Arena is not exactly the friendliest Assassin mode, as the element of surprise is largely gone. In Conquest you wait for a greedy mid or solo to push up and then run around their back for a kill. In Arena 3+ people are gonna see you jump on their Ra and will promptly trash you. Having said that, Mercury is okay. His 1 is bullshit, so abuse it - get Golden Bow, sit in the back and poke like you're a Mage. Safe and easy.

Thor isn't bad either, I agree with that.

drotahorror

If you want to play melee in Arena, I recommend just playing a warrior. I'm strictly a melee person when it comes to Smite. I love assassins, I love warriors. Any other mode I'm down to play assassin. Warrior for arena though. If you have to play an assassin, play Merc (for his poke and CC), Thor (for his poke and CC), or Nemesis (decent survivability and insane burst with Ult).

Liberty4all

Banned
I'm really bummed out about them adding all those emotes to the treasure chest. 57 gods that adds potentially another 57 X 2 rolls of fluff (assuming they add a dance and special to each god). As I understand it the dance emote and special emote will each be it's own separate 200 gem chest.

I think it was a bad move to be honest. With that said, I'm happy I got Nuclear Ymir, and Derpules (and unlocked almost all the skins in the game) before they added emotes to the chests.

I'm kinda sad but I won't be getting the Elvis skin .... it's not worth it to me to have to swim through so many fluff items ... and considering I'm probably "closer" than most to being able to get the Elvis skin given that I have most of the content in the game aside from the emotes, i think that says something about how other people are going to feel about buying chest items.

It was bad enough I had to get a bunch of wards (I don't play Conquest) and icons, but the addition of all those emote rolls has kinda poisoned the well for me. Anyone else feel the same?

edit: I did abit of research and it appears they are removing the emotes from the chests next patch. I guess I wasn't the only one complaining lol https://twitter.com/schisam/status/509001226491404288

double edit: Can somebody give me a quick rundown of how the odyssey stuff works? With my new job I haven't been able to delve into this and I haven't bought any Smite stuff since going crazy with the treasure chests about a month ago.

double edit: Can somebody give me a quick rundown of how the odyssey stuff works? With my new job I haven't been able to delve into this and I haven't bought any Smite stuff since going crazy with the treasure chests about a month ago.

Every Tuesday they release a new item, (either a ward, skin or avatar). You get a free chest with every purchase. You unlock 'rewards' after a certain amount of purchases.

6 - Esports loading frame.
9 - ?
12 - ?
15 - ?
18 - ?
21 - ?

I'm really bummed out about them adding all those emotes to the treasure chest. 57 gods that adds potentially another 57 X 2 rolls of fluff (assuming they add a dance and special to each god). As I understand it the dance emote and special emote will each be it's own separate 200 gem chest.

Didn't the remove the emotes? I remember a reddit post about it.

That's the reward for buying 6 items in a row with gems? pfft.

ha,

Full title if it helps: E-Sports Supporter Loading Frame

I don't think it has to be in a row, but yeah, pretty crappy reward. Really curious to find out what the others are though.

Didn't the remove the emotes? I remember a reddit post about it.

edit: I did abit of research and it appears they are removing the emotes from the chests next patch. I guess I wasn't the only one complaining lol https://twitter.com/schisam/status/509001226491404288

Top Bottom