• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Catholic nun: Masturbation causes homosexuality, child abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demon Ice

Banned
Well at least they're not trying to claim it causes blindness anymore.

http://samuel-warde.com/2014/04/catholic-nun-turns-people-gay-gays-abuse-children/

Nuns on the Bus does not represent all nuns and some, like this lecturer in Charlotte, N.C., harken back to the days of rulers across the knuckles and telling children that masturbation will make them blind. This sister’s message, though, has been updated to reflect 21st Century hate. Instead of blindness, according to this nun, masturbation afflicts students with the gay and gay parents, well, they’re downright abusive.

On March 21, Sister Jane Dominic Laurel lectured a group of students at Charlotte Catholic High School. In the lecture, she condemned homosexuality with alleged statements like, “people are gay because they have an absent father figure, and therefore they have not received the masculinity they should have from their father.” She also claimed that, “gay men have had either over 500 or 1000 sexual partners.”

Then, citing a single case of abusive gay parents in Australia, Laurel claimed that LGBTQ people are unfit parents.

This isn’t the first time Laurel has expressed such outdated views on gender roles and sexuality. The Sister, who is a traveling lecturer for Aquinas College in Nashville, as part of a group called, “Sisters on the Road,” (a response to Nuns on the Bus, perhaps?) A common lecture topic is on masculinity and femininity.

Some of her quotes include doozies like, “When a woman nags at her husband, his manhood is diminished and he usually reacts in a negative way. He longs for her to need him, and he wants to help her.”

She has also equated heterosexual oral sex with gay sex, saying, “This is not a normal sexual act. It’s something that’s imported from the homosexual culture. It’s not part of the natural love between man and woman.”

More amazing nuggets of wisdom from her at the link. It's quite entertaining to see people doing their best to keep their religion from entering the 21st century. While it's disturbing that she gave such a lecture in front of high school students, the backlash it received is encouraging.

Did a search but excommunicate if old

Dragon

Banned
I hear physical, emotional and sexual violence on children is child abuse. The Catholic Church has a history of hiding such abuse from the authorities. Tactful for sure...

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if there's a LGBTQ themed film called Nuns on the Bus.

stuminus3

I once knew a guy that got confused when people died in movies then appeared in other movies.

Some people are just plain crazy.

I'm sure there's a stronger correlation between Christian belief and saying unscientific things, but it would be silly to say it's a causative relationship.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Instead of blindness, according to this nun, masturbation afflicts students with the gay and gay parents, well, they’re downright abusive.

On March 21, Sister Jane Dominic Laurel lectured a group of students at Charlotte Catholic High School. In the lecture, she condemned homosexuality with alleged statements like, “people are gay because they have an absent father figure, and therefore they have not received the masculinity they should have from their father.” She also claimed that, “gay men have had either over 500 or 1000 sexual partners.”

Then, citing a single case of abusive gay parents in Australia, Laurel claimed that LGBTQ people are unfit parents.

1231946-feathers_mcgraw.jpg

Not another word woman.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
We should take pics of ourselves masturbating in front of the school

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
So, how many more masturbation till i turn gay? I think i already reach 500

What a lightweight. I beat that (heh) before I turned ten.
I'm totally gay now.*

*not really

daw840

I once knew a guy that got confused when people died in movies then appeared in other movies.

Some people are just plain crazy.

Interesting attempt to downplay somebody spreading anti-LGBTQ propaganda to high school students in a time where same-sex marriage is commonly illegal.

I wonder why you did that.
Ok.....we added another letter. What the hell am I missing? Is Freddie Mercury his own category now?

I guess you've never heard of the Jesuits. This lady doesn't represent Catholicism.

I wasn't actually making any kind of inference about the compatibility of science with religious belief, and that was more or less the point I was trying to get at, that you could draw a stronger correlation there, and it's still a specious observation.

I'm pretty sure it's your filthy priests giving young boys private lessons in the power of Christ that turns them gay, Sister. Why don't you fix the corruption within your own organization first?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So, I'm a homosexuell paedophile now?

Am I the only one thinking "Nuns on the Bus" sounds like a name for a band?

dekline

500 to 1000 sexual partners? Wow I guess this straight shit just isn't working for me.

She has also equated heterosexual oral sex with gay sex

So wait...does this mean I'm gay? Oh god I'm so confused.

Talon

It's comforting that this type of view on homosexuality is considered out of the mainstream even among nuns nowadays.

The Catholic Parish here has LGBT outreach and one of the cantors is openly gay.

royalan

I like the cut of this nun's jib.

And if any male Gaffers here are questioning their sexuality and what to test this nun's claims, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Jarlaxle

It's strange for me to think that masturbating to big tits and vaginas is going to turn me gay but is she says so, I guess that's what's going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom