• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#20V1T4

Cornbread78

Quick, everyone get on Twitter and thank Shahid and Yosp... Such a great day, who cares if they are ports, they will all be bought. Add these to Demon Gaze, Deception IV, Borderlands2 , Neptunia, Tales of Hearts R etc... damn it's gonna be a busy year! Someone needs to compile a list ASAP...

ZeroX03

Banned
All three of these games today are unique exclusives.

Soul Sacrifice is an updated version of a game I (and most Vita owners) already own thanks to Plus. See little reason to spend the money to buy it when I consider Monster Hunter and Toukiden superior. Opinion not fact obviously.
Tales of Hearts R is a remake that's considered a downgrade from the original.
Dead Nation isn't Housemarque's finest effort, and the PS4 port doesn't inspire confidence.

That leaves Oreshika and Freedom Wars, neither game having been released in Japan yet so there's no word on whether they're good or not. I hope they are. So yes, they're unique exclusives, but whether they're ones I would buy is another story.

Also remembered I'm looking for to P4 Dancing, that's 2015 in the West though.

https://twitter.com/nsuttner/status/455413277074657280

pYQJ2Em.jpg

YEAR OF THE VITA

Im so excited to pick up a vita 2000 next month the the handheld is just becoming more and more worthwhile to me. Especially with all these new announcements.

I sold my Vita last year. Loved the system and the games I played but didn't see much of a future in it considering how barren its lineup seemed last year.

Made a mistake. Not only do I still have to play Tearaway and KM because I sold the Vita before they came out, I have the games that were just announced coming this year. Definitely picking another one up.

I sold my Vita last year. Loved the system and the games I played but didn't see much of a future in it considering how barren its lineup seemed last year.

Made a mistake. Not only do I still have to play Tearaway and KM because I sold the Vita before they came out, I have the games that were just announced coming this year. Definitely picking another one up.
Young fool. Only now, in 20V1T4, do you understand.

18-Volt

It could be much better, there are still some missing localizations, I really want to see all of them in this year:

Legends of Heroes: Sen No Kiseki (It doesn't have to be both of them, I can wait for the other one next year. Come on XSEED!)
Operation Abyss (A dungeon crawler from Demon Gaze guys)
Stranger of the Sword Village (again, a FPDC with fantastic visuals from Demon Gaze guys Experience)
God Eater 2

Those are more probable ones:

Atelier Ayesha Plus
Samurai Warriors 4 (finally)
Toukiden Extreme
J-Stars Victory (hinted)
Moero Chronicles
Amnesia V (Idea Factory Int wants to bring those two Compile Hearts games to west)

Anything I'm missing?

It could be much better, there are still some missing localizations, I really want to see all of them in this year:

Legends of Heroes: Sen No Kiseki (It doesn't have to be both of them, I can wait for the other one next year. Come on XSEED!)
Operation Abyss (A dungeon crawler from Demon Gaze guys)
Stranger of the Sword Village (again, a FPDC with fantastic visuals from Demon Gaze guys Experience)
God Eater 2

Those are more probable ones:

Atelier Ayesha Plus
Samurai Warriors 4 (finally)
Toukiden Extreme
J-Stars Victory (hinted)
Moero Chronicles
Amnesia V (Idea Factory Int wants to bring those two Compile Hearts games to west)

Anything I'm missing?

God Eater will probably come after some burst edition or something is made. As in 2015.

The game we really deserve is Corpse Party: BloodDrive. Apparently out this summer in Japan. XSEED pls ;-;.

Also AFAIK the Sen No Kiseki games have unholy amounts of text to translate so that is one reason bringing them to west is difficult. Or was this the case with SC only?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, looking brighter each day, even though I'm not that interested in the HD remakes and collections. And certainly not Borderlands. Just give me Hotline Miami 2 and I'll be a happy camper with the indies until then!

18-Volt

Also AFAIK the Sen No Kiseki games have unholy amounts of text to translate so that is one reason bringing them to west is difficult. Or was this the case with SC only?

It has to be Trailsin the Sky trilogy only. Namco somehow localized previous Legend of Heroes trilogy for PSP pretty fast. I don't know anything about Sen no kiseki games besides the fact they look amazing, but localization shouldn't be as hard as Sky trilogy.

BadWolf

It has to be Trailsin the Sky trilogy only. Namco somehow localized previous Legend of Heroes trilogy for PSP pretty fast. I don't know anything about Sen no kiseki games besides the fact they look amazing, but localization shouldn't be as hard as Sky trilogy.

Weren't those PSP localizations not very good?

Kensuke

I know right? Vita is by far my most played platform this year. I've already bought and played OlliOlli, Danganronpa, Ys (EU here), Toukiden, Luftrausers and TxK.

That's a lot of games. Looking forward to: Demon Gaze, Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Gravity Rush 2, Trails in the Sky SC, Danganronpa 2 and Velocity 2X. I know many of this games are multiplatform (not late 'ports'), but I don't mind because I'm going to play them exclusively on Vita. I believe it's also the best platform to play this games on.

The above list also shows plenty of variety. I find it weird when people say there is nothing for them in the horizon. I guess they must have very limited interests in genres or bought a Vita for games like Killzone: Mercenary and AC: Liberation.

jimmypython

SE and CAPCOM are still missing from the roster...I don't really care about CAPCOM but SE could really do a FFXII ZJS HD......

Daedardus

What's a system seller?
PersonaQ will get me to buy a 3ds but that's not a system seller for anybody else.
Monster Hunter was the system seller for psp, but that was a fucking port also.

Well, for me it would be a new JRPG with Persona/Old FF quality. Or a great action/adventure game with the focus on adventure instead of leaning towards hack 'n slash. And a new MH would be nice too. Not going to happen though.

Yeah really looking forward to finally purchasing one of my own when the Borderlands 2 bundle comes out. My friend is tired of me jacking his Vita lol. Although I am more than satisfied with all the current releases and games to come (not to mention that region free-ness and double dipping on PSP games) I nearly forgot about God Eater 2 somehow (I expect them to localize GE2Burst, they damn well better given my love for the franchise), Phantasy Star Nova (with SEGA's staunch attitude towards Western markets I doubt that it'll get localized unfortunately) and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number and even then I'm" probably forgetting some other games.

Regardless of all that, so many great games to play and with more on the way I may have to hustle some extra hours to afford all of this shit lmao; just an awesome time to be a portable gamer.

SE and CAPCOM are still missing from the roster...I don't really care about CAPCOM but SE could really do a FFXII ZJS HD......
They're off chasing Moby Dick in Mobile Land.

But hopefully SE has already greenlit FF12 and Type 0 for HD make overs and are just waiting for the right time to announce them.

Prelude.

God Eater will probably come after some burst edition or something is made. As in 2015.
Didn't they explicitly say that there won't be a GE2 Burst?

But anyway, I don't think the online patch has been released yet in Japan so until then the game is 100% not coming.

Top Bottom