• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Earnings: 1.2 million Xbox One's shipped in Jan-Mar, 5.1M total (3.9+1.2)

Cannot believe people are saying these are good numbers, the x1 was heavily front loaded, and demand was met fast. 1.1 in the quarter is low, and it is trending lower then 360.

Why do people keep saying it's doing better then 360? Apples and Oranges, 360 was really supply constrained, and now it is falling behind 360. I see it falling permanently behind 360 in a few months,.

Dragon

Banned
Not that this really matters in the grand scheme of things as Xbox One represents tremendous value at its current price, but someone just told me that the Xbox One Titanfall Bundle is available for only £349 at Tesco for all UK consumers. Not only is this great value, it becomes even better as you can apply for a further 10% off, making it only £314.

I want to make a small comparison here. This is a Titanfall thread so I feel this is on topic. That's £314 for an Xbox One with the only game this year that matters, Titanfall.

If you were to purchase a PS4, it would cost you £349. That's just the console. A console and a controller. Nothing else. I don't even know if they give you a HDMI cable with it (PS3 didn't have it, so I don't think PS4 would have it either). The only notable purchase on that system isn't due for another 6 months and will likely cost you an additional £40. Until then, you have no games to play. You basically have a controller with a pretty blue light. That's fine for all you fanatics who love the colour blue, but not so much for those who maybe don't want blue, and want yellow or pink or orange.

This creates a difference of £75 and 6 months of no games. I don't know what SCE has been smoking (fucking drug addicts that they are), but I think it's clear that they're essentially lying to people with their narrative of presenting a cheap and powerful gaming system. It's also disheartening to see people on GAF are believing the false hype and have been caught, hook, line and sinker.

The fact is that the competitor is outmatching them in the only country that has centuries of legacy and history outside of the US. The Queen's land, Britannia.

£314 for Xbox One with Titanfall. Of course this console is going to sell millions.

Sterling-10.gif

stonesak

Okay, if you really insist
Not that this really matters in the grand scheme of things as Xbox One represents tremendous value at its current price, but someone just told me that the Xbox One Titanfall Bundle is available for only £349 at Tesco for all UK consumers. Not only is this great value, it becomes even better as you can apply for a further 10% off, making it only £314.

I want to make a small comparison here. This is a Titanfall thread so I feel this is on topic. That's £314 for an Xbox One with the only game this year that matters, Titanfall.

If you were to purchase a PS4, it would cost you £349. That's just the console. A console and a controller. Nothing else. I don't even know if they give you a HDMI cable with it (PS3 didn't have it, so I don't think PS4 would have it either). The only notable purchase on that system isn't due for another 6 months and will likely cost you an additional £40. Until then, you have no games to play. You basically have a controller with a pretty blue light. That's fine for all you fanatics who love the colour blue, but not so much for those who maybe don't want blue, and want yellow or pink or orange.

This creates a difference of £75 and 6 months of no games. Not only are we talking money here, but also time. And unless some of you have a time machine, you're not going to get that time back. I don't know what SCE has been smoking (fucking drug addicts that they are), but I think it's clear that they're essentially lying to people with their narrative of presenting a cheap and powerful gaming system. It's also disheartening to see people on GAF are believing the false hype and have been caught, hook, line and sinker.

The fact is that the competitor is outmatching them in the only country that has centuries of legacy and history outside of the US. The Queen's land, Britannia.

£314 for Xbox One with Titanfall. Of course this console is going to sell millions. This success is well represented in this report.

lawd.png

Furyous

Those are numbers shipped.

What are the total Xbox One sales numbers?

Is this the reason for the price cuts? They shouldn't cut price because their numbers look good. Then again, I don't know their internal sales projections.

geordiemp

That's £314 for an Xbox One with the only game this year that matters, Titanfall.

£314 for Xbox One with Titanfall. Of course this console is going to sell millions. This success is well represented in this report.

Is this a joke post or are you serious ?

Got Titanfall for 360 for my son, he played it for afew days and that's it, he has moved on.

Killing 2 enemy pilots or so in a multiplayer match is not exactly edge of seat stuff and the bots are kinda boring, not enough variety.

Titanfall would benefit from more dev time, more variety and classes, more players and less grunts, and a coop mode against escalating forces (with decent AI)

Syrus

Banned
I find it absurd that people are saying X1 is doing bad. Its outpacing all last gen. Ps4 is just dominating is only difference

I find it absurd that people are saying X1 is doing bad. Its outpacing all last gen. Ps4 is just dominating is only difference

Outpacing is not impressive since back then consoles were harder to send in bulk. 360 was supply constrained till may 2006. xbox one has no supply issues so if anything its not really that good.

Again, it is not outpacing 360 since january, 360 was really supply constrained, 1.1 ina quarter is not good and stock is not moving much at all. Only a matter of time before it falls behind 360's pace.

ascii42

Gamecube sold 3-times the Dreamcast in the US, Xbox 4-times. I am not the one that threw the Dreamcast under the bus, Sega did.....

When you take into consideration how much shorter the Dreamcast was around, the Dreamcast was probably sold at a similar rate to the other two. Besides, there are other areas besides the US. For example, the Dreamcast sold around 2.3 million in Japan, to the Xbox's roughly 500k and the GameCube's roughly 4 million.

Sega threw the Dreamcast under the bus because it had the PS2 as competition, and the PS2 won. The Dreamcast actually had the most succesful launch in North America, until the PS2.

ethomaz

Banned

This creates a difference of £75 and 6 months of no games. Not only are we talking money here, but also time. And unless some of you have a time machine, you're not going to get that time back. I don't know what SCE has been smoking (fucking drug addicts that they are), but I think it's clear that they're essentially lying to people with their narrative of presenting a cheap and powerful gaming system. It's also disheartening to see people on GAF are believing the false hype and have been caught, hook, line and sinker.

But the report says the opposite... or it is sarcasms?

Verendus

Banned
Is this a joke post or are you serious ?

Got Titanfall for 360 for my son, he played it for afew days and that's it, he has moved on.

Killing 2 enemy pilots or so in a multiplayer match is not exactly edge of seat stuff and the bots are kinda boring, not enough variety.

Titanfall would benefit from more dev time, more variety and classes, more players and less grunts, and a coop mode against escalating forces (with decent AI)
Sure you did. Titanfall is Xbox One exclusive mate.

Whatever game you got your son on the 360 isn't Titanfall, and quite frankly, I'm a bit ashamed you would stoop that low if your son indeed wanted a particular (ly amazing) game. You should have spent the money and got him an Xbox One with the actual Titanfall rather than Call of Duty Ghosts or whatever other FPS you have masquerading as Titanfall in this imaginary world.

Again, it is not outpacing 360 since january, 360 was really supply constrained, 1.1 ina quarter is not good and stock is not moving much at all. Only a matter of time before it falls behind 360's pace.

It's clear MS overshipped in Q1. The fact that they're still shipping 1.2M when the XO's Q1 was comparable to the X360's Q1 and Q2 combined is pretty rad.

TomShoe

Banned

8.9/10

Verendus does it again.

This just has to be a parody post. Just gotta be.

Moneal

Whatever game you got your son on the 360 isn't Titanfall, and quite frankly, I'm a bit ashamed you would stoop that low if your son indeed wanted a particular (ly amazing) game. You should have spent the money and got him an Xbox One with the actual Titanfall rather than Call of Duty Ghosts or whatever other FPS you have masquerading as Titanfall in this imaginary world.

Amazing. Great Post. Truthiness at its finest.

Dragon

Banned

archer-401-mindbrain.gif

When you take into consideration how much shorter the Dreamcast was around, the Dreamcast was probably sold at a similar rate to the other two. Besides, there are other areas besides the US. For example, the Dreamcast sold around 2.3 million in Japan, to the Xbox's roughly 500k and the GameCube's roughly 4 million.

We were talking about US. Anyway if you want to say that Dreamcast was competition for the PS2 from November 2000 to November 2001, I will say it. But I find hard to believe the fact that a discounted console could compete with the top selling console ever.....

Yoday

Although we are sourcing ourselves for those numbers, it doesn't matter. 4M after 6 months is healthy. Very much so.
It isn't a healthy number when 3M of it was sold in the first month and there is no supply constraint. The numbers look fine for now, but with the way they are trending, things could look pretty bad by the end of the summer.

ttech10

Supply chain has gone a long way since the PS1/PS2 days, back then companies had very limited manufacturing capacity. Some countries didn't get the PS2 until 2003/2004 at time for example. Now there are companies like Foxconn that can handle millions of orders quit easily.

I realize that. I don't personally agree with comparing console sales now to even the last generation, it's a different world (the iPhone still had months before releasing and 512MB was still an acceptable amount of RAM). Just posted as it was asked for.

SolidJum5

Neo Member

fafdGpB.gif

Dat sarcasm.

beast786

Lol

735.gif

ZehDon

Gold Member
...There also appears to be a lot of back and forth in this topic about sales claims made by both companies. I'll just say that I have reasons to doubt the PR claims made by both MS and Sony and I'll leave it at that...
Care to elaborate on such a statement? Because we're not dealing with "PR Claims" here. Microsoft's figures are coming from their earnings report. If those figures are false, Microsoft just broke several laws, and are in for a world of hurt that would directly effect the Xbox division's profitability, and thus Microsoft's Xbone Strategy. In Sony's most recent earnings release, in February if I recall correctly, we can extrapolate some of the necessary sales information. I believe several Gaffers have already done this, actually.

These aren't mindless PR claims that can be thrown around without consequences. These are reported figures for shareholders and, in some parts of the world, financial regulatory bodies, the latter of which are on the hunt after the fallout of the Global Financial Crisis. So, if you're saying there is reason to doubt these figures, you're saying you have reason to believe these companies are lying to their shareholders and the authorities. That's getting into "megaton" territory.

So, what do you have to make you think that? If its nothing concrete, I think it might be a good idea to edit your post and remove such vague claims.

Care to elaborate on such a statement? Because we're not dealing with "PR Claims" here. Microsoft's figures are coming from their earnings report. If those figures are false, Microsoft just broke several laws, and are in for a world of hurt that would directly effect the Xbox division's profitability, and thus Microsoft's Xbone Strategy. In Sony's most recent earnings release, in February if I recall correctly, we can extrapolate some of the necessary sales information. I believe several Gaffers have already done this, actually.

These aren't mindless PR claims that can be thrown around without consequences. These are reported figures for shareholders and, in some parts of the world, financial regulatory bodies, the latter of which are on the hunt after the fallout of the Global Financial Crisis. So, if you're saying there is reason to doubt these figures, you're saying you have reason to believe these companies are lying to their shareholders and the authorities. That's getting into "megaton" territory.

So, what do you have to make you think that? If its nothing concrete, I think it might be a good idea to edit your post and remove such vague claims.

Doubt he comes back to this thread lol, ridiculous claim.

geordiemp

OK, so I have not seen Titanfall. Have you seen titanfall.

He is 10, he played for 2 days and went back to COD Ghosts on Ps4 and his COD zombie mates on 360...I tried it for a few games, does not replace my COD itch of killing other real players every 20 seconds or so...

I need to roll up what you are smoking...

Verendus

Banned
OK, so I have not seen Titanfall. Have you seen titanfall.

He is 10, he played for 2 days and went back to COD Ghosts on Ps4 and his COD zombie mates on 360...I tried it for a few games, does not replace my COD itch of killing other real players every 20 seconds or so...

I need to roll up what you are smoking...
Okay, so you're going to lie and feign ignorance then. This is what it's come down to. Well, I know the perfect place for you to work. It begins with S and ends with Y. I'd rather not say the name because I'm a professional and not someone who would buy a game called Batman but then claim it's actually Super Mario. Not that anyone would want to play Mario these days since it's not the 80s and no one gives a crap about Krillin or whatever name he's going by these days.

It isn't a healthy number when 3M of it was sold in the first month and there is no supply constraint. The numbers look fine for now, but with the way they are trending, things could look pretty bad by the end of the summer.
This is the important part people keep missing. It's also the factor MS is looking at when approving those price cuts.

The momentum hasn't just slowed down, it's kinda fallen off the side of a cliff.

I'll just say that I have reasons to doubt the PR claims made by both MS and Sony and I'll leave it at that.

"Sony Too" (trademark)

Coxy got the Sony Jihadist post, here's the Vita evangelist post http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=108885138&postcount=6626

Oh yeah, I remember that guy and his posts. I thought he was kind of right though, some of the Vita fans on GAF are... well, a bit overbearing at times. Too bad the guy was just being a total jerk though.

I want a Y2Kev and Verendus Fusion.

GAF wouldn't be able to handle it.

To be honest if it had to break out vs completion it had to do it last month. It will sell millions but it didnt with the biggest game on any console in 2014 to date. Its going to be tough with that to get into the lead this year, if ever

Cess007

Goddammit man! Stop it! I gonna get caught at work with all my laughing! xD

StoopKid

franco-so-good.gif

Question!

Isn't the Xbox One outpacing even the Xbox 360? Sure, the XBO isn't performing anywhere near the PS4 , but when you compare it to the 360 (which didn't have market competition for a year) it's looking pretty good.

Or am I missing something entirely? Aside from the influence of social media in 2014 vs. 2005.

geordiemp

Okay, so you're going to lie and feign ignorance then. This is what it's come down to. Well, I know the perfect place for you to work. It begins with S and ends with Y. I'd rather not say the name because I'm a professional and not someone who would buy a game called Batman but then claim it's actually Super Mario. Not that anyone would want to play Mario these days since it's not the 80s and no one gives a crap about Krillin or whatever name he's going by these days.

Can you not give us one of your sony riddles for E3 ?

You are allot closer to Sony than most of us on GAF

Question!

Isn't the Xbox One outpacing even the Xbox 360? Sure, the XBO isn't performing anywhere near the PS4 , but when you compare it to the 360 (which didn't have market competition for a year) it's looking pretty good.

Or am I missing something entirely? Aside from the influence of social media in 2014 vs. 2005.

XboxOne had a pretty good launch, I think thats mainly the reason why its outpacing the 360 at the moment.

Top Bottom