• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft confirms second Assassin's Creed (360/PS3) out this Fall

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Presumably the leaked one.

VG247 said:
Assassin’s Creed Unity is just one game in the series hitting this fall, according to what Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot told investorss today.

The rumored working title at the moment is Assassin’s Creed Comet per earlier reports and in the works to launch alongside Unity on last-gen. It will purportedly put players in the boots of a Templar named Shay.

Ubisoft has yet to confirm the name of the title, but Guillemot said it will release this fall on PS3 and Xbox 360.
Source: http://www.vg247.com/2014/05/15/ass...rmed-as-pc-ps4-xbox-one-only-out-in-the-fall/

dakun

will wait for the inevitable "HD Edition" for PS4/Xbox One spring 2015.. would be a shocker if they don't do this.

meptrep

Wow, two titles in a single year. I still find it odd that CoD and other similar yearly series get criticized so much more than Assassin's Creed ever does.

vypek

I still never played Assassin's Creed 4. That might be the last one I play if I ever bother to buy it. At this pace, I guess I'm done with the franchise. Didn't like the annual releases and multiple a year is definitely not going to fly for me personally.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
"Confirmed" is a bit of a stretch based on Yves' comments during the call today...

... but c'mon. We all know it's coming. :)

Kazerei

Banned
VG247 said:
It will purportedly put players in the boots of a Templar named Shay.

I'll be honest, I would buy a game featuring Haytham, even if it just re-used ACIII assets and environments.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I wanna complain about this but I gotta be honest I just can't resist them at this point. I try to downplay them and poke at the flaws before release, but as soon as I hold the game disc in my hand and start playing I just become giddy with overflowing joy. This series is my favorite series. I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and assume that this one will be the one that reuses the anvil next engine assets like Connor's climbing animations and double counters. Pretty sure Unity is the one to REALLY look out for when it comes to revitalizing the series.

_woLf

It's funny because we all thought it couldn't get worse than a yearly release for this series. Ubisoft finding ways to crank up the terrible everywhere they can.

FourMyle

One of the worst things to happen to gaming. Assassin's Creed is everything wrong with video games today wrapped up in a broken fucking mess of a package.

Hip Hop

AssCreed everywhere and anywhere. Once i really like the franchise but its just too much now.

Isn't it more like a spin off though?

It has to do with the transition of a new generation. I'm glad they are going this route, instead of just making one game for all systems. One game for the weaker console, one game for the stronger consoles. I dont see nothing wrong here.

Hope to see the same for other series until the previous gen dies off.

sjay1994

Wow, two titles in a single year. I still find it odd that CoD and other similar yearly series get criticized so much more than Assassin's Creed ever does.

Nope. GAF castrates ubi pretty harshly on this since AC3.

What I don't understand is how pokemon goes unscathed.

The versions have been yearly released since 2009.

Aruhamel

Banned
GameBlog's report claims that Comet will take place in and around 1758; that it will star a sailor named Shay who betrays the captain of his ship; and that it's set on the Atlantic Ocean. Comet, GameBlog says, will continue the nautical theme established in last year's Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

They should rename the series to 'Pirate's Creed' already.

Hip Hop

Quick somebody find the Wii U Window image.

2441703-jmmvtnrefmure.jpg

theWB27

If I had a last gen system still I'd pick up both versions. Favorite series. There are plenty of other games out there if I need something fresh....i don't get the complaints really.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Franchise is cross gen, anger: WHY YOU HOLD BACK MY GAME PUBLISHER?! EFF CROSS GEN

Franchise is split gen, anger: WHY YOU MAKE SO MANY GAMES PUBLISHER?! EFF SPLIT GEN

Why do they bother?

oh yah... money

but yea, this solution seems like it would make people the least angry, but it seems to not.
That way you get a true 'new gen' game and people who haven't upgraded yet a true 'previous gen' game, major fans get 2 entirely different story experiences, Ubi hits revenue goals, and both games will have dedicated teams instead of split resources to optimize each.

but naw, anger anyway. its super fashionable. haha.

Warner's literally did the same thing with batman. though I suppose they staggered the releases a bit more.
This isn't the first or last time it'll happen though, assuming it's a successful model.

MayMay

Banned
I try to look at it like they're using the last gen one as a failsafe in case Unity turns out to be the worst thing ever (Or if it repeats the things AC3 did.. which might as well be close to 'worst thing ever'). I don't think Ill play it, but I will sure as hell play AC Unity!

Edit: I'm interested if it comes out on PC tho

Wow, just don't give a shit about this franchise anymore.

And this is coming from someone who 100%'d all of the previous five...haven't even bothered with AC4 yet.

Top Bottom