• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft confirms second Assassin's Creed (360/PS3) out this Fall

DedValve

Banned
Rumored the Americas and New York, presumably reusing as much from 3 as possible.

Perhaps more haytham like in the ezio trilogy? I could see it happening, 4 was very well received.

I enjoyed 4 greatly but I won't be going back to the series until major combat and stealth overhauls are made. 4 somehow had worse combat than 3! It felt like everyone was playing with air swords than fighting with real swords.

Braag

As much as a tosser Desmond was... the series feels very bleh without him. The worst parts of 4 were going to the present and being reminded you're now just some faceless schmoe bug testing a computer game.

I feel the same way. Everyone bitched about Desmond but without him the present day stuff feels just incredibly boring (even more so). At least as Desmond you could listen to the crews banter (Shaun especially was great) or explore areas and the main missions such as infiltrating Abstergo as Desmond was actually pretty cool.
Even the side effects of the Animus were interesting to watch as Desmond felt a little crazier each time he got out of the Animus.
But nope, Ubisoft decided to drop it all and give us a faceless dude to run around and hack computers with.

They should either do something more interesting with the present day stuff or just get rid of them completely.

Loxley

Uh what does this even mean?

Them splitting the game into this gen and last gen is a good idea.

At this point I'm beginning to think there are people who just read "Ubisoft" or "Assassin's Creed" in the thread's title and then some sort of involuntary reflex kicks in, causing them to post some damning comment about the current state of both the developer and the franchise.

It's not unheard of, up until recently many people suffered from a similar condition pertaining to the trigger words "Blizzard" and "Diablo 3".

sjay1994

Assassin's Creed isn't shit because of its yearly releases, it is shit because its broken mechanics (since the very first game), awful missions and sleep-inducing worlds with their worthless collectibles. AC is at the forefront of the "Press A for awesome!!" gaming. That's why it is shit.

Different strokes.

I think the assassins creed games are superior open world games than mostly anything rockstar has put out. I don't like games that a lot of people love, but I don't go into threads, call the game shit and leave.

Its harder and harder to find any enthusiasm for anything anymore because people just constantly shit on things.

Just let the people who enjoy the games enjoy them.

NZNova

Let's all sing the franchise oversaturation song. AC used to be one of my absolute favourite games but man are they ever running it right into the ground.

Kssio_Aug

LOL, what??
Another one, other then that Unity one?

Well... I think I can give up about this franchise definitely now. It doesnt look like that they are working to improve that precarious automatic gameplay, and fix that messed story.

Epcott

One is a rumored next gen co-op game set during the French Revolution.

The other is for last gen featuring more sailing (the best part of III and IV) and a Templar protagonist.

/imokwiththis.jpeg

People are acting like this hasn't happened before. At Ubisoft.

Boxart_eur_splinter-cell-double-agent.jpg

Splinter Cell Double Agent on 360, PS3, and PC was a different game from the PS2, Xbox, and GC versions. This is just that same idea taken to its logical endpoint: if it's a different game, why not have a completely different story?

elhav

Ubisoft milking the franchise dry.

Not surprised really, seeing as they did it with pretty much all their big franchises, only Assassin's creed's huge success made them go berserk with it.

Stopped playing the series after half finishing Revelations.

I know folks like to criticize Ubisoft for milking franchises, and maybe they deserve it, but when it comes down to it I'm actually impressed they are able to produce as much content as they do. It's not like these games are "bad". They may not be your cup of tea, or it is perhaps too much of the same thing, but you don't have to buy it.

A huge company like that could easily gum up under its own weight, but they keep pushing tons of AAA titles each year. I'm seriously impressed with their organization.

AHA-Lambda

I used to like this franchise.

Yep, I'm sad to see what it has become.

And I've said it before, I think this is a ridiculous move akin to Activision releasing multiple guitar hero games a year. I think you'll only do brand damage here.

And yet far cry 4 is cross gen? Bloody crazy.

What if they're both good games?

*Shyamalan Twist*

haaaaaaahahahahaha oh my god

that's gold jerry. my sides

but I mean I'm sure they'll be pretty games which going by the last few months of Watch_Dogs and Assassin's Creed thread is solely what justifies dropping money on games anyway

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I know exactly what choice I don't have. I can't buy Comet(the AC game I want) because it's not available on anything but old trash consoles I don't own anymore.

If they're doing last gen versions, they should be cross gen. Period. Or at the very least PC so I can run it at a proper framerate and resolution.

I still own those old trash consoles (and PS4 and PC) and I still agree with you 100%.

Gaz_RB

Man AC3 may have been a misstep but AC4 was the fucking bomb. I played the hell out of that game. As for this year, I think I'll just be picking up the PS4 version.

I haven't played a Ubisoft game that I didn't like in a very long time. Driver: San Fran, Blacklist, Far Cry 3, Child of Light, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Rayman etc. are all truly great games. Ubisoft may pump out title after title, but they have almost ten thousand people working for them, and can pump out the games without sacrificing quality. It's not even like they aren't taking risks or investing in games that may not sell gangbusters like AC. I really do think that Ubisoft is the best of the mega publishers, when compared to EA and Activision, and I will continue to buy their games as long as they maintain the levels of fun that they've provided for years.

Gaz_RB

Splinter Cell Double Agent on 360, PS3, and PC was a different game from the PS2, Xbox, and GC versions. This is just that same idea taken to its logical endpoint: if it's a different game, why not have a completely different story?

And it sucked because the PS2/Xbox/GC versions were better than their next gen counterparts! Not to say next gen Double Agent was bad, but the current gen version was the best.

Edit: damn sorry for DP, meant to edit.

I love playing AC games but I no longer have ps3 or 360...Unity will do for me.

I still have both consoles but by the time this game released I will have them in a box in my garage, why can they reelease a port por PS4/X1?.

So Ubi will release Far Cry 4 and 2 AC games between october and december?.

AHA-Lambda

Yeah and that was what 7 years ago? I thought we were past stupid shit like this. It was a dumb idea then and it's even dumber now.

So Ubi will release Far Cry 4 and 2 AC games between october and december?.

Let's not forget watch dogs 6 months prior, it's practically an AC game in all but name anyway >_>

cool, will buy both. I bought the CE of AC3 and the vita liberation bundle in the same day...nothing will stop me from playing this franchise. I seriously love these games, have 100% every game

Duallusion

Great news. Current version isn't gimped because of last-gen and last-gen-only owners who like the franchise don't get left behind. And if you don't care about the franchise, you can keep on not caring about it one way or the other.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So this means 2 asscreed games for PC?

Radec

Why are people angry?

Ubi have AC on last and current gen consoles without crossgen.

How is that not a good thing?

Unless of course if you only own a wiiu.

mechphree

Milking the series fucking dry. I jumped into AC4 at my friends house and it was the exact same broken stealth game as 3 was. I think Ubisoft is trying way to hard to push this series. I was actually interested in Unity, now I think it's just going to be the same game just with better graphics.

MayMay

Banned
AC Unity Crossgen: "Urgh Ubisoft let it go already, the old consoles are just holding the game back"

AC Unity Current Gen only with AC Comet being there for the old consoles: "Urgh Ubisoft, 2 games? You greedy sacks of shit"

AC Unity Current Gen, without anything for last gen "Urgh Ubisoft, why are you forgetting last gen? Hello - we exist!"

#Gamers

AC Unity Crossgen: "Urgh Ubisoft let it go already, the old consoles are just holding the game back"

AC Unity Current Gen only with AC Comet being there for the old consoles: "Urgh Ubisoft, 2 games? You greedy sacks of shit"

AC Unity Current Gen, without anything for last gen "Urgh Ubisoft, why are you forgetting last gen? Hello - we exist!"

#Gamers

This... but of all Options the 2-Game-approach is the best imo. Lets dream and think both games are as good as or better than Black Flag. Who would complain if there is one more good game to play come fall?

Orayn

Milking the series fucking dry. I jumped into AC4 at my friends house and it was the exact same broken stealth game as 3 was. I think Ubisoft is trying way to hard to push this series. I was actually interested in Unity, now I think it's just going to be the same game just with better graphics.

They pretty much stopped trying to do anything stealth related around Brotherhood. Missions where you pickpocket/tail/avoid detection are just an old shame that each game is obligated to include for whatever reason.

jem0208

Why exactly are yearly releases a bad thing?

If people enjoy the games then they will buy them. As shown by CoD, Madden and Fifa. At least AC manages to innovate and change the series reasonably often. AC4 was amazing and pretty much every other Assassin's Creed has been.

Bluth54

I doubt the PS3/X360 one will come to PC. We'll definitely be getting Unity though, that's for sure.

Ubisoft released the Vita Assassin's Creed game on PC, I imagine this one will come to PC eventually, but probably like the Vita game it wont be there day one.

Cairnsay

Banned
Urgh, as much as I love Black Flag no way am I ready for another one of these. I think one of the reasons I liked Black Flag so much (aside from it being awesome) was because I completely skipped 3 and Revelations. I was more than happy to embrace a new AC to christen my new PS4.

Top Bottom