• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft confirms second Assassin's Creed (360/PS3) out this Fall

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
AC Unity Crossgen: "Urgh Ubisoft let it go already, the old consoles are just holding the game back"

AC Unity Current Gen only with AC Comet being there for the old consoles: "Urgh Ubisoft, 2 games? You greedy sacks of shit"

AC Unity Current Gen, without anything for last gen "Urgh Ubisoft, why are you forgetting last gen? Hello - we exist!"

#Gamers

This. No one complained about Black Flag / Liberation, and this isn't much different at all.

Happy Ubisoft is pushing for a next gen Assassin's creed, and it will surely help sell current gen consoles.

I gave this franchise a chance twice, and both times I came away baffled as to why a "stealth" game doesn't have a sneak/crouch button... You're creeping through grass and then as soon as you exit it you're standing straight up. I think this franchise is way overrated.

prudislav

For some reason i dont really care that much as long as both games comes to steam , althought i would rather if Ubi did some new pirate IP on nextgen based on ACBF instead of pirate-ish sequel to black flag for oldgen

Alpende

This is too much. Staph.

This. No one complained about Black Flag / Liberation, and this isn't much different at all.

Happy Ubisoft is pushing for a next gen Assassin's creed, and it will surely help sell current gen consoles.

Liberation was a Vita/3DS(?) game right. It was ported to the consoles a year later. These are two full on console games. There's a (big) difference.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Dunno what to think about this. I don't like the sound of this but so far I liked every AC so I have no reason to doubt Ubisoft so far. Will see how this turns out.

I agree that Ubisoft are copping a lot of bullshit from boards like GAF for what is essentially doing precisely what fans have been telling them they want.

It will go like this:

Assassins Creed Unity: PS4 / Xbox One - October 31st
Assassins Creed Comet: PS3 / 360 - November 11th
Assassins Creed Comet: PS4 / Xbox One - March 11th (digital download, 30 bucks)

Yeah and that was what 7 years ago? I thought we were past stupid shit like this. It was a dumb idea then and it's even dumber now.

Let's not forget watch dogs 6 months prior, it's practically an AC game in all but name anyway >_>

I don't get the comparisons. I see this thrown around a lot. How?

Tohsaka

I agree that Ubisoft are copping a lot of bullshit from boards like GAF for what is essentially doing precisely what fans have been telling them they want.

It will go like this:

Assassins Creed Unity: PS4 / Xbox One - October 31st
Assassins Creed Comet: PS3 / 360 - November 11th
Assassins Creed Comet: PS4 / Xbox One - March 11th (digital download, 30 bucks)

My only issue is whether or not I'll have the patience to wait for the PS4 version of Comet instead of just buying it on PS3 like I did with Liberation on Vita.

Just give me my pirate simulator and be done with it.

Just did ac4 the other day. Story was just OK but full of horrible follow missions. However the pirating was aesone.

Take ac4 sea combat and island exploring. Tape it to frontier elite 2's do what you want, be good/bad and make money to buy bigger and better boats that can be upgraded and remove the story altogether. I'd pretty pretty happy with that.

Its the story parts I always dont enjoy in these games.

Seanspeed

Banned
I agree with people who fear this will lead to major franchise fatigue(which has probably already began with many people and only redeemed in part by IV's fresh pirate focus), but it shouldn't make too much of a difference unless you plan on buying both the next-gen and last-gen games, which I doubt will happen unless you're a serious, hardcore AC fan.

I do wonder that means for sales, though. I have a feeling the last-gen version will be a lower-budget, more mediocre affair similar to their handheld efforts in the past. I also think that would mean far less of a chance of any 'HD re-release' on next-gen down the road.

Good news for us overall though, I'd say. Should allow Unity to shine.

I have a feeling the last-gen version will be a lower-budget, more mediocre affair similar to their handheld efforts in the past.

That's what usually happens with this sort of thing. I suspect it will be a decidedly murkier looking game than recent mainline entries, one that betrays its 'second string' nature.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The title will be released this fall on Xbox One, PS4 and PC. We have not disclosed our plan yet for the Xbox 360 and PS3 SKUs, however we have made it clear as a company that we will expect to continue supporting both consoles for the foreseeable future.

Not even a mention of Wii U in terms of 'general support' ?

AHA-Lambda

Why exactly are yearly releases a bad thing?

If people enjoy the games then they will buy them. As shown by CoD, Madden and Fifa. At least AC manages to innovate and change the series reasonably often. AC4 was amazing and pretty much every other Assassin's Creed has been.

Because it leads to fatigue and a lack of any meaningful change, the best example is CoD which has sold less every year since black ops 1.

And lord knows I'm so tired of AC now, sad cos I used to really get excited for a new instalment. 2 games a year is taking the utter piss.

Thing is I don't know why, Far Cry 4 is cross gen, and FC3 was already bad enough on 360/Ps3!

K' Dash

I hope this sell like hot cakes, Ubisoft is the only one trying to put A Lot of variety in their output and that money help them to take risks with beautiful games like Rayman, Child of Light and Valiant Hearts.

Love Ubi, they got my dollars incoming.

Vashetti

Banned
I know there's several Ubisoft threads, and the announcement of a new PS3/360 Assassin's Creed game out later this year, but I think this particular tidbit of information blended in with the rest:

Company boss Yves Guillemot mentioned the two last-gen platforms during the Assassin's Creed portion of Ubisoft's investor call last night.

"Assassin's Creed: Unity will be another major entry in the franchise's history," he said. "The game will showcase the city of Paris with amazing next-gen graphics and will incorporate great new innovations that will be revealed at E3.

"The title will be released this fall on Xbox One, PS4 and PC. We have not disclosed our plan yet for the Xbox 360 and PS3 SKUs, however we have made it clear as a company that we will expect to continue supporting both consoles for the foreseeable future."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ing-assassins-creed-games-on-ps3-and-xbox-360

Cross-gen release me if old

woen

People already forgot about the release of portable games, especially Liberation with AC3. I don't except this old-gen AC to be more than that : a spin-off-like in America with pirates.
The true AC will be on current-gen and it is great that only one year after the new consoles Ubisoft release its major game only on current-gen/PC.

but gaf is gaf...

bengraven

I'm okay with this if it runs decent. ACIV runs okay on PS3, so as long as it has the same level of quality I'm excited to play it. If it's a half-assed game shoved over to a third tier studio I'll be pissed.

Drakeon

Inevitable hd edition next year. Not super interested in a last gen version. If it's great, I'll wait til the hd edition. I'm pretty done with last gen aside from Persona 5.

Ironjam

I see what you wanna do there Ubi...
Get people to buy the last gen version then upgrade to ps4/xbone to play another completely different AC game. Many double buyers if it goes well.

Zombine

Banned
I'm incredibly excited for this. The only Assassins Creed I have hated so far is III. That's a pretty good track record in my eyes. I'll wait to see much more info on both before I make any decision at all.

this last gen version will be the first AC i dont play, then

oh well

hope unity keeps it going, 3/lib were not good but 4 brought me back (even if the collectible shit got a little too much)

Alcifer

Neo Member
It seems like he's just referring to this separate AC title. They still haven't actually said anything about it. But they have confirmed that Unity is current-gen only.

It might be. Usually when people talk about multiple SKUs I assume they're referring to different versions of the same product. Though that doesn't necessarily need to be the case.

Oh thanks. Ah so it will be partly sailing focused. Wow that's quite a disparity between this game and the next gen version. It's extraordinary how they can produce these games at this rate.
I think it's easy as ever for them now and if they really wanted.. They could put something amazing out.

Another AC game? I haven't cared about this series since the second game. In fact, it was the last one I bought.

*note to self* Remember to post this in every AC-related thread for the rest of eternity. /s

On a more serious note, I'm hoping this version also appears on the PC. It'll be nice to have something AC to play 6 months after finishing AC: Unity.

You know, I like the way the AC games play and they build different enough worlds/stories every year that I don't think I'll ever really get fatigued with them unless they get flatout lazy. Of course, messing around with different gameplay elements every year also helps out tremendously, while still keeping the main game intact. I actually really miss some of the mechanics introduced in Revelations like the bombs and hookblade (and more interesting recruits) and would like to see them return.

I'm very interested to know if Ubisoft will ever confirm a Wii U version, or if this is indeed the end of Ubisoft core support of Wii U titles.

rezn0r

I'll get it, I'm a sucker for AC, I'm sorry, I love all of them. Although I will probably go the Liberations route where I held off just long enough and ended up with the HD version.

prag16

Banned
I'm very interested to know if Ubisoft will ever confirm a Wii U version, or if this is indeed the end of Ubisoft core support of Wii U titles.

They probably made their money back on AC3/4, so it's possible. But in terms of opportunity cost, a different direction could look better for them.

rezn0r

Damn, I'm still need to get all the achievements in Brotherhood... I don't think I'll ever catch up to the series :(

if you don't count multiplayer achievements i've 100%ed every game up to 4, 3 was a real bitch, good luck when you get there!

to hell with mp achievements/trophies!

I'm a fan of the franchise, a big fan, just look at my name.

But this is too much Ubi and I hope it's just this year while many make the transition to the new gen.

AHA-Lambda

I don't get the comparisons. I see this thrown around a lot. How?

From the footage shown so far, it just seems to follow the template of every other Ubisoft AAA open world title very rigidly. The most blatant I can think of was the missions to disable outposts to reveal more of the map stuff -_-

SykoTech

Well, good for fans that don't mind the rapid (sometimes simultaneous) releases.

But a part of me is a little glad that I never got into this franchise. I mean, I'm sure they have some enjoyable gameplay. But as time goes on, I seem to become more and more susceptible to franchise fatigue. If a franchise I loved was handled this way, I'd be a little sick of it by now.
Kinda already happened with Mario back when NSMB2 and NSMBU were released around the same time.

Top Bottom