• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians revealed - more at E3 - Fall 2015 [Box Art person is new guy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caayn

That makes no sense since the main thing it was praised was the local multiplayer and not the xboxlive thing. You guys Forget that xbox live is only big on the USA, other countries still do a lot of local multiplayer.
I fully agree.

Sent from my iStone.

Thuway is a bit odd. Obvious Sony fan. Don't know if I'd go so far as to say fanboy, but yeah, he seems to enjoy saying negative things about MS and positive about Sony.

Don't know that I've ever seen a post from him about Nintendo. Not a serious one anyway.

I had to check out his Twitter account to see what the fuss was all about. Boy, he really lost it now, didn't he? I almost feel sorry for the man. Almost.

FrankT

Anybody trusting that dude should think long and hard. Should have been banned with cboat a long time ago. The fact cboat is around here for offenses that for anyone else is a perma ban and has been that way for a very long time is simply amazing.

Like I said with Pete Dodd and was correct 100%; Don't trust any of them.

Blueblur1

At this point, I'm not willing to trust shinobi or thuway. That's why I didn't bother retweeting their latest tweets. I rather not spread their unreliable rumors. Just sit tight, guys. There's only 16 days until E3.

Mix

At this point, I'm not willing to trust shinobi or thuway. That's why I didn't bother retweeting their latest tweets. I rather not spread their unreliable rumors. Just sit tight, guys. There's only 16 days until E3.
this exactly. I'm done looking for rumors until E3 or if it comes straight from the mouth of the Devs.

belushy

Banned
Thuway was just raging because of all the "xbox fanboys" making fun of the potential delay on The Order. He was trying to find a way to rub it in their face, or something like that.

SpartanN92

Banned
I have zero faith in the Halo series after the disaster that was Halo 4.

Ok

Edit:

Imagine being told that you were responsible for creating a huge and diverse team from scratch, take over one of gamings largest and most iconic franchises from one of the most beloved developers in the industry in a space of about three years and create the sequel to a 5 year old game...Most of the team had never made a Halo game before, they had to learn the technology, art, lore and how to function together as a rapidly expanding team within that time span... All on ancient hardware...

Fucking good first attempt.

RoKKeR

I wouldn't call Halo 4 a disaster. Did it go back on a lot of the things that made Halo special? Yeah. Was it a Halo game true to heart? Ehh, debatable. But it wasn't a bad game, just not the Halo game a lot of people were looking for.

tasch

Banned
A friend and I were talking about this yesterday, and he feels that Reach is the best Halo package while Halo 4 is garbage. I don't agree personally, I played more of 4. I think that both Reach and 4 were great games, just not great Halo games. They introduced too much randomization into encounters with the armor abilities for the game to be focused on skilled play. The addition of more randomization in Halo 4 drive the game further from the base Halo formula which made most battles impossible for good players to reliably predict. Reach was similar though, with the jet pack, armor lock, camo, decoy, sprint abilities the game was a mess of potential imbalance depending solely on what each team chose as armor abilities. I feel that Halo began the decline into randomization with Halo 3 with armor abilities that were pickups throughout the maps, but it was too bad due to the ability to reasonably predict who had picked it up due to timing and map placement. Halo 2, assuming no physics or button glitches, was the most balanced Halo gameplay wise. This is just my opinion, and they are like assholes, so ignore me if you think I'm an idiot because in all likelihood I am.

the thing about reach for me is that there was freedom for bungie to design and plan things out. If you wanted you could start everyone with the exact same load-out, and you could remove that random factor, sure everyone might have sprint, but by now most gamers are attuned to it. Did it cause problems? yes, it forced longer engagement and bigger maps since time to get from cover was so much shorter, hence why the dmr extended the range for the BR and why it was such a necessity in that regard.

I guess my over all opinion between reach and halo 4 is that bungie made considered decisions about everything they did, then continued to balance the game when the community raised valid points. When you think about why they extended the distance of the DMR compared to the BR its because they assumed armor abilities like sprint would force a more rigid dichotomy in the close range and long range. Either you stay far away or you use your armor abilities to get in close/cover. In halo 4 it feels like 343 just threw in everything including the kitchen sink, and hoped for the best, I think halo 4 feels good, from an engagement aspect, but things feel incredibly random. Not only that it doesn't support players. I remember one game where I was wrecking with my dmr, but eventually i ran completely out of ammo, there was no way for me to continue playing and doing well because there are no weapons to pick up. The only way i could get more ammo was to kill myself, which was the breaking point for me. I shouldn't be punished because I'm doing well, especially when I've never played any other multiplayer game which did that.

Kibbles

I don't completely trust thuway but what has shinobi been wrong about? Especially regarding recent Halo news. His tweet was more worrisome. idc if the press knows embargoed info on Halo 5 or not, I care about H2A's Multiplayer.

Ghazi

Probably because it is Halo, but Halo 4 was the game that I really liked, but hated because it had such glaringly obvious flaws. I will say, that it was a disaster at launch, but no more.

-Various audio/visual glitches.
-Very, very debatable balance choices (i.e. Boltshot, DMR, Beam Rifle aim assist, etc.)
-The snafu with the first DLC
-Spartan Ops issues
-Lack of an actually good "Pro" playlist (and it was quickly removed and unavailable for a while)
-More I can't remember off the top of my head or can't type on my phone. I have not played the game anytime recently, but I haven't played any games recently, really.

That being said, I enjoy a billion times more now than I did at launch, it's pretty fun with friends.

Mix

lol, seriously? I had not realized you were such a expert on the topic, please elaborate so that myself as well as everyone else is this thread can tell you how wrong you are.

HTupolev

Disaster is hyperbole, but 4 is without a doubt the worst Halo released, imo.
Agreed. Good game, but I don't like it remotely as much as any of Bungie's efforts. Enormous disappointment.

I hope 343i can turn things around, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Maybe it depends on how you mean "disaster". That Halo 4 continued down Reach's path and made other questionable decisions might be considered disastrous, though the result was still a decent game.

rrc1594

Add me to the list. If "disaster" is too strong of a term for the more sensitive types out there, then lets just call it a disappointment.

See that's fair, but "disaster" that just not right. Worst it the worst Halo yes, but it was not a bad game you guys way to harsh on 343.

See that's fair, but "disaster" that just not right. Worst it the worst Halo yes, but it was not a bad game you guys way to harsh on 343.

With that said, I can see why someone would have little to no faith in 343i's ability to deliver a compelling MP experience after Halo 4.

Uiki

With that said, I can see why someone would have little to no faith in 343i's ability to deliver a compelling MP experience after Halo 4.

They missed the mark so much that faith is no longer an option. And I was hoping for a good halo after reach.

Disaster? yeah, for the halo series... halo 4 mp was a disaster.

Halo 4 was pretty disappointing for me especially MP wise. The loadouts and lack of proper weapon control was disappointing. Spawning with plasma grenades ruined vehicle use. Vehicles were just easier to take out in general. Maps weren't very great or memorable. I have no idea why these devs are afraid of the old Halo 2/3 ranking system. It gives incentive to teamwork and truly competitive play. To many weapons that played similar and just lacking character in general. I'm not sure how I feel about sprint in halo but I have no doubt that feature isn't going anywhere. AAs just make the Hal formula too messy IMO. Ordinance just doesn't feel very halo.

All this being said, Halo 4 was a pretty good game but never lived up to its own franchise. It was too easy to put down for me and I'm a huge halo fan. Halo 4 a disaster? No. Halo 4 pretty disappointing? Sure.

Booshka

You say disaster, I say easily the best game in the franchise with the most enjoyable Halo campaign I've ever played.

How many hours have you put into the Halo 4 Campaign. Serious question, because I put about 150+ hours into Reach campaign and over 500 hours into Halo CE campaign. I stopped playing Halo 4 after I finished my first Heroic playthrough.

Whenever I see people say they loved Halo 4's campaign, I am interested to see how much time they put into it.

Dabanton

Thuway is a bit odd. Obvious Sony fan. Don't know if I'd go so far as to say fanboy, but yeah, he seems to enjoy saying negative things about MS and positive about Sony.

Don't know that I've ever seen a post from him about Nintendo. Not a serious one anyway.

No he is a fanboy who likes to play damage control for his chosen corporation under the guise of being 'fair and balanced'. I don't know if people were joking but some were saying he doesn't even have a PS4. I hope that isn't true as it would be extremely odd to stan for a console you don't even have.

Defect

How many hours have you put into the Halo 4 Campaign. Serious question, because I put about 150+ hours into Reach campaign and over 500 hours into Halo CE campaign. I stopped playing Halo 4 after I finished my first Heroic playthrough.

Whenever I see people say they loved Halo 4's campaign, I am interested to see how much time they put into it.

I hated the Reach Campaign but I still replayed it and had some co-op fun. Halo 4's had no replayability at all.

JaggedSac

Goodness gracious. 500 hours into any Halo campaign is insanity. I haven't even put that much time into any of the Bethesda games and there is actually shit to do for all of those hours, lol.

Booshka

I hated the Reach Campaign but I still replayed it and had some co-op fun. Halo 4's had no replayability at all.

I actually really liked Reach campaign, probably my second favorite, way behind CE, but still really enjoyed it. It's just well designed, good pacing (insert DMR joke here), and had a plethora of unique and epic moments.

I also give it a ton of props for making Elites feel really threatening again, I would have preferred no Brutes at all in the game, hell I would take a good Flood level over Brutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom